Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:14 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The truth isn't disparaging comments. Accept the truth and don't hold it against those who are telling it. That is how you behave like an adult. Also, you don't hold the remarks of a few against an entire party. Well you do if you are leftist liberal with an agenda. Again, Romney just wasn't a viable candidate. Bush won what is your excuse for that? Did he pussyfoot around the truth? Well perhaps maybe he did.
What is disparaging is making patronizing comments. Whenever someone assumes that all you want is foodstamps, that's pretty insulting.

The truth is that neither party cares. The difference is that Republicans don't pretend to care, so Blacks don't feel wanted by the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,118,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What would it take for more people to get fed up with it?

What is BAU?
BAU = "Business as usual"..the same old, same old.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:18 PM

5,767 posts, read 4,994,745 times
Quote:
I didn't say ALL so stop misquoting me!!! The truth is that many minorities have been brainwashed to think that the GOP are racists so they vote Democrat. Many Hispanics think their ethnic brethern should be above our immigration laws. Want some polls to support that? I never said that all women only care about abortion either!!! There is nothing racist or sexist about telling the truth!!!

Hogwash! How many black delegates were there at the last Republican Convention? How many Hispanics?
You don't have to be "brainwashed" to realize that the GOP doesn't CARE about certain demogaphics. Anyone who thinks that the GOP is racist only has to remember the sad experiment with Michael Steele to see it writ large. The sad truth is that the GOP wants the votes of various groups but that's as far as it goes. Until the GOP can give minorities and women good reasons to vote for them, they'll find few supporters beyond the very rich and the very deluded. To those who say that there's no difference between the parties, hogwash again: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grasp that, had Gore taken office, there would have been no illegal "pre-emptive war" against Iraq, nor drunken-monkey spending.
Katrina would be simply a girl's name, and not a symbol of ineptitude and cronyism at its worst.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Hogwash! How many black delegates were there at the last Republican Convention? How many Hispanics?
You don't have to be "brainwashed" to realize that the GOP doesn't CARE about certain demogaphics. Anyone who thinks that the GOP is racist only has to remember the sad experiment with Michael Steele to see it writ large. The sad truth is that the GOP wants the votes of various groups but that's as far as it goes. Until the GOP can give minorities and women good reasons to vote for them, they'll find few supporters beyond the very rich and the very deluded. To those who say that there's no difference between the parties, hogwash again: It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grasp that, had Gore taken office, there would have been no illegal "pre-emptive war" against Iraq, nor drunken-monkey spending.
Katrina would be simply a girl's name, and not a symbol of ineptitude and cronyism at its worst.
ROFL..and the Dems don't ?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:21 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
BAU = "Business as usual"..the same old, same old.
Which brings me to this question. What will it take for enough people to get tired of business as usual?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Which brings me to this question. What will it take for enough people to get tired of business as usual?
We run out of money to hand out to everyone via the various social programs is one.
I think the "hispandering" going on today by the Dems and the future amnesty of 11-20 million Hispanics is making some Black leadership types think.

Locally (my community), the Blacks have been pushed aside by the Hispanics who don't' like them too much.
They've been driven out of their own neighborhoods by the influx of Hispanics, more due to language than anything else. And the Blacks commiserate with the Whites because both groups are being excluded via the language. I'm rural and most work out here is Ag related or blue collar service work with some low middle class white collar. There is no Starbucks out here.

At the micro level it is happening and because of my location, I see it because I live it.

That's why I posted earlier that the changing demographics are going to have a bigger effect than just more Dems for voting power.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 PM

62,375 posts, read 28,647,018 times
Quote:
What is disparaging is making patronizing comments. Whenever someone assumes that all you want is foodstamps, that's pretty insulting.

The truth is that neither party cares. The difference is that Republicans don't pretend to care, so Blacks don't feel wanted by the GOP.
Where did Romney or any other Republican say that all minorities want are foodstamps?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:44 PM

62,375 posts, read 28,647,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
So because they believe the lies that the Democrats keep telling them and therefore many didn't attend the GOP convention based on that, that makes the GOP guilty?

You tell me what the GOP can do to garner more of the minority vote then and don't come back with the lies that they are demonizing them either. Be specific what issues do they want the GOP to change their stances on? All I ever hear from you lefties is that they supposedly demonize minorities verbally but you never want to talk about the issues themselves.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,541,992 times
Quote:
Then explain Rick Santorum's comments, and Newt Gingrich's comments regarding Blacks. I don't think minorities are brainwashed. Rather, they feel alienated by the GOP. Use of the Southern Strategy was the final nail in the coffin for Blacks. Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Lily White movement basically started purging Blacks out of the Republican Party. Lily-White Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Blacks have reasons to feel alienated by the GOP. As of late, Republican candidates haven't campaigned in Black neighborhoods. I haven't seen Bush or Bush Jr do it. Democrats often do.

And when someone like Pat Buchanan says "concentrate on the White vote", it doesn't do very good in attracting minorities to the GOP.

Democrats at this point aren't doing that good of a job, and neither are Republicans. I'm convinced neither party truly cares about the needs of Blacks at all. However, this is the difference. It is the difference between a candidate telling you what you want to hear vs saying things that alienate you. Who is a person going to vote for? A person is going to vote for the person whom they feel tells them what they want to hear.

Under the current system, either the GOP will have to change(in some ways), or it will keep losing elections.
how come blacks don't vote Republican (even more then 5%) in local elections even when there is a major outreach?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:40 PM

5,767 posts, read 4,994,745 times
Quote:
So because they believe the lies that the Democrats keep telling them and therefore many didn't attend the GOP convention based on that, that makes the GOP guilty?

You tell me what the GOP can do to garner more of the minority vote then and don't come back with the lies that they are demonizing them either. Be specific what issues do they want the GOP to change their stances on? All I ever hear from you lefties is that they supposedly demonize minorities verbally but you never want to talk about the issues themselves.
Who are people supposed to believe? The GOP talking heads or their own lying eyes? How many minority delegates were there at the last Republican convention? How many non-Cuban Hispanics? Democrats don't need to lie when people can see and hear the GOP platform for themselves. Keep believing whatever makes it bearable for you to live with, but remember how the GOP "worked with" Michael Steele. Minorites and women aren't stupid, and insinuating that they are won't win you their votes, either. Just FYI, delegates don't just "show up:" there is a process that includes collecting signatures...apparently the GOP doesn't give people a reason to bother trying to be delegates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies