Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:09 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Given the shocking scandals in the IRS, the Justic Dep't illegal surveillance of the AP, the Benghazi lies, and the myriad others over the past few weeks, while I am not a fan of impeachment, I think that this individual who is clearly in over his head and has lost control over the federal government needs to step down as president.

His complete botching of the syria and iranian situations, allowing syria's rebels and freedom fighters to be overrun with islamists - had he acted sooner the syrian state could have been preserved as a single entity without the sectarian massacres that we've seen over the past 2 years - has now left that country under the thumb of an increasing Russian/hezbollah/iranian presence. This is a disaster for all of our allies in the region, and has emboldened US enemies by declaring "red lines" that he won't defend, further undermining US interests around the world.

His complete abdication of responsibility while iran has continued its march towards a nuclear weapons is perhaps an even greater failure than the others above - a nuclear-armed iran - who has already proven its arrogance and imperialistic aims with the troops sent in to prop up assad, would not hesitate to attack even more aggressively other regional countries. This nightmare scenario has been left unchecked by the obama regime, and is indicative of his inability to make decisions in the face of tough enemies.

And I don't think i need to get into his mishandling of the economy, with millions of long-time unemployed - about to be dealt another blow with this garbage "immigration reform" that will add millions more uneducated, low-skilled immigrants who will need trillions in government support. This is a recipe for disaster, and I can see a civil uprising if this passes.

It is almost as if we have a 14 year old child in office, just completely at a loss and unable to take control of these situations, blaming them on others.

I do not support impeachment as it has been a tool by partisans to attack officials they simply disagree with, but the world and US economy are in dire need of strong leadership, but instead, we have an empty suit who enjoys the privileges of office - but can in no way handle the responsibilities of it. For the good of the country, he should step down and call for new elections.
Do you support impeachment of some C-D posters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 08:15 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Given the shocking scandals in the IRS, the Justic Dep't illegal surveillance of the AP, the Benghazi lies, and the myriad others over the past few weeks, while I am not a fan of impeachment, I think that this individual who is clearly in over his head and has lost control over the federal government needs to step down as president.

His complete botching of the syria and iranian situations, allowing syria's rebels and freedom fighters to be overrun with islamists - had he acted sooner the syrian state could have been preserved as a single entity without the sectarian massacres that we've seen over the past 2 years - has now left that country under the thumb of an increasing Russian/hezbollah/iranian presence. This is a disaster for all of our allies in the region, and has emboldened US enemies by declaring "red lines" that he won't defend, further undermining US interests around the world.

His complete abdication of responsibility while iran has continued its march towards a nuclear weapons is perhaps an even greater failure than the others above - a nuclear-armed iran - who has already proven its arrogance and imperialistic aims with the troops sent in to prop up assad, would not hesitate to attack even more aggressively other regional countries. This nightmare scenario has been left unchecked by the obama regime, and is indicative of his inability to make decisions in the face of tough enemies.

And I don't think i need to get into his mishandling of the economy, with millions of long-time unemployed - about to be dealt another blow with this garbage "immigration reform" that will add millions more uneducated, low-skilled immigrants who will need trillions in government support. This is a recipe for disaster, and I can see a civil uprising if this passes.

It is almost as if we have a 14 year old child in office, just completely at a loss and unable to take control of these situations, blaming them on others.

I do not support impeachment as it has been a tool by partisans to attack officials they simply disagree with, but the world and US economy are in dire need of strong leadership, but instead, we have an empty suit who enjoys the privileges of office - but can in no way handle the responsibilities of it. For the good of the country, he should step down and call for new elections.
Remember during the initial primaries, Hillary kept saying that the White House needed someone "ready to answer the call"? Seems Hillary was right with that way of campaigning as Obama isn't even capable of answering a Weight Watchers call for Moochelle.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Feel better?
About what? Stating facts?

Old 05-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Since no wrongdoing has been proven against President Obama, I will repeat what your have likely heard from woman all your life, "you are a bit premature."

The fact is, from objective measures, the country is better than the one handed to him on Jan. 20, 2009. I know this doesn't fit into your alternative universe where "Mr. Obama is destroying the country," but facts are stubborn things.
Nice personal attack from a person who can neither think for themselves, nor offer anything of substance or factual basis. Both the deficit and unemployment is higher, the respect and standing of the US, particularly amongst our enemies like iran and russia is weaker, the situation in both iraq and afghanistan is worse, iran is closer to a nuclear weapon - yet people like you lie and claim the "country is better run." Clearly, no interest in facts are to be presented by you.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,059 times
Quote:
Nobody has shown incompetence. While the right-wing will blame Mr. Obama for anything that goes wrong in the government, much is not the fault of any president.

I am sure if Mr. Obama was president in 2003, the right-wing would have blamed him for the Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated during re-entry.
I am shocked that you can take your head out of Obama's butt long enough to reply to these posts. In fact, instead of your obligatory defense of everything Obama, from now on, simply hit reply. We already know what comes next.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
What in the world are you talking about? Please, back up and stop your ranting.
At the beginning of the uprising, the vast majority of protestors were indigenous, unarmed syrians seeking to overthrow the assad dictatorship. Had obama helped them, and at a minimum destroyed assad's war machine the rebellion would have removed the dictatorship quickly, and left left a never-ending civil war that has drawn in jihadists from all over the place. Instead, obama chose - just like in libya - to sit on his hands and do nothing.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Do you support impeachment of some C-D posters?
I support the requirement of on-topic, rational posts from people interested in real conversations - not one-line, off topic idiocies meant to start flame wars or derail threads. Did that help?

Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
New elections? I guess that completes the delusional right-wing fantasy where they reclaim the White House after Obama steps down. No President Biden.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:27 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
About what? Stating facts?
Quote:
Nice personal attack from a person who can neither think for themselves, nor offer anything of substance or factual basis. Both the deficit and unemployment is higher, the respect and standing of the US, particularly amongst our enemies like iran and russia is weaker, the situation in both iraq and afghanistan is worse, iran is closer to a nuclear weapon - yet people like you lie and claim the "country is better run." Clearly, no interest in facts are to be presented by you.
Hey - don't worry about them. Just keep your eyes open and be honest to yourself when dealing with the facts that present themselves. Everything else will take care of itself.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:31 AM

500 posts, read 376,077 times
Quote:
Since no wrongdoing has been proven against President Obama, I will repeat what your have likely heard from woman all your life, "you are a bit premature."

The fact is, from objective measures, the country is better than the one handed to him on Jan. 20, 2009. I know this doesn't fit into your alternative universe where "Mr. Obama is destroying the country," but facts are stubborn things.
The country is better only for those who don't work and draw government checks. Of course those who draw their "facts" from bogus sources might be easily led to believe things are better. Those of us in the real world know better.

P.S. AQ isn't on the run, either, in spite of what you've been told.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies