Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:54 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They are not going to overthrow the country. It should worry you as a citizen, this is not the Military.

And Libs Talk about gun control.
I think I should ban references to "Libs" and "Cons" on this thread.

Let's talk about Reality here. Not imaginary talking points that elites use to split the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They are not going to overthrow the country. It should worry you as a citizen, this is not the Military.

And Libs Talk about gun control.
What should anyone be worried about? I am still trying to figure out why the Cons are so afraid of things like the DHS, yet so much against cutting any bit of our defense budget.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:11 PM

U-Life.

It seems you are doing you best to antagonise people here.
Kindly stick to Reality-based discussions, rather than displaying your prejudices.
This is not the thread for the usual mudslinging around labels.
Deeper and more pithy comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
U-Life.

It seems you are doing you best to antagonise people here.
Kindly stick to Reality-based discussions, rather than displaying your prejudices.
This is not the thread for the usual mudslinging around labels.
Deeper and more pithy comments would be appreciated.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Well what is your fear with DHS having "too many weapons?" I personally have not seen a defense branch being armed with weapons being an alarming thing.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well what is your fear with DHS having "too many weapons?" I personally have not seen a defense branch being armed with weapons being an alarming thing.
The role of the DHS is different from branches of the Military.

The department of "HOMELAND" security, must have identified many potential enemies within the homeland, or threatening it, to need so much ammunition.

The worries me, since I see THEM (and other rogue military) as one of the biggest threats to peaceful life within the US.

As one of the citizens that paid for the weapons and ammunition, I would like them to be put on the spot and describe to Congress the threat that they have identified. If it is ordinary people who have guns, then I think the DHS is not a respecter of the Constitution, and they should be in threat of seeing their mandate withdrawn.

I also think that the US overuses Drones, and they have no legitimate role within the US.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:01 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
No, I personally don't care about what kinds of weapons the DHS has. I just think it is funny when people think that the DHS is gonna overthrow the country or something.
Then why do you care about what weapons I own? DHS, a domestic police force under executive order, can have 20mm cannon, but you have a problem with me having an AR 15. We civilians dont "need"need" thes types of rifles, but, Federal cps "need" cannon? You "don't care" what DHS has, interms of weaponry, but, I should be restricted to a musket? What, shear, idiocy, that you expect me to buy into! What, possible, purpose, do you foresee DHS geting into, here, in country, where tbe ki.d of firepower they can mount, would be required? Come on!!! You Libbys are always going on about "need"cannon wbere firearms are concerned. Justify this. The big WHY. If DHS can have 20mm cannon, why can't beat I have an AR? Like I said YOU brought it up. Justify yourself.

A domestic force, armed with heavy weapons, is YOUR baby. Not mine. I hate the idea of DHS. If you like it so much, and, obviously, the Patriot Act too, then tell me why I shouldn't be skeptical about tbe motives for arming tbem so heavily. "Need"..right? Thats what it's all about. I shouldn't be able to owwn a high powered varmint rifle, but DHS "needs" anti LAV weapons. Sbeeeesh. Talk in some more circles why don't you.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
The role of the DHS is different from branches of the Military.

The department of "HOMELAND" security, must have identified many potential enemies within the homeland, or threatening it, to need so much ammunition.

The worries me, since I see THEM (and other rogue military) as one of the biggest threats to peaceful life within the US.

As one of the citizens that paid for the weapons and ammunition, I would like them to be put on the spot and describe to Congress the threat that they have identified. If it is ordinary people who have guns, then I think the DHS is not a respecter of the Constitution, and they should be in threat of seeing their mandate withdrawn.

I also think that the US overuses Drones, and they have no legitimate role within the US.
So what do you think the DHS is gonna do to American people? And what is "rogue military?" Do you think DHS is no longer under the control of the US government, like the US military is?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:07 PM

NV,
I think you can have the discussion without referring to those you disagree with as "you Libbys".

The quality of the discussion actually rises when you drop the labels. I am sure you can try that.

(Notice that I am an "equal opportunity pedant" - Or better still, think of me as someone who wants to keep the mere mudslinging to a minimum.)

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
So what do you think the DHS is gonna do to American people? And what is "rogue military?" Do you think DHS is no longer under the control of the US government, like the US military is?
They bought the weapons and the ammo.
I think the burden of supplying a reason lies with DHS.
I can imagine several possibilities, and none of them leave me with warm feelings.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Then why do you care about what weapons I own? DHS, a domestic police force under executive order, can have 20mm cannon, but you have a problem with me having an AR 15. We civilians dont "need"need" thes types of rifles, but, Federal cps "need" cannon? You "don't care" what DHS has, interms of weaponry, but, I should be restricted to a musket? What, shear, idiocy, that you expect me to buy into! What, possible, purpose, do you foresee DHS geting into, here, in country, where tbe ki.d of firepower they can mount, would be required? Come on!!! You Libbys are always going on about "need"cannon wbere firearms are concerned. Justify this. The big WHY. If DHS can have 20mm cannon, why can't beat I have an AR? Like I said YOU brought it up. Justify yourself.

A domestic force, armed with heavy weapons, is YOUR baby. Not mine. I hate the idea of DHS. If you like it so much, and, obviously, the Patriot Act too, then tell me why I shouldn't be skeptical about tbe motives for arming tbem so heavily. "Need"..right? Thats what it's all about. I shouldn't be able to owwn a high powered varmint rifle, but DHS "needs" anti LAV weapons. Sbeeeesh. Talk in some more circles why don't you.
I don't care what weapons you own either...though that said, I don't think you should have access to surface to air missiles or nuclear weapons, but who cares what kinds of pop guns you want to own. Now I do think it is important to have proper background checks that are universal across the country and can be checked in any state to prevent people who shouldn't have guns from getting guns.

I also support the US Military that is obviously even more heavily armed and I am proud to salute any one of our men and women who have served our country.

As for the Patriot Act, I think that was a mistake thanks to a knee-jerk reaction from Republicans, Democrats, and the American people after witnessing one of the worst terrorist acts on US soil in our history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies