Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 11:25 AM

131 posts, read 209,940 times

Advertisements

Equally hated; but I think Obama has been more of a target than Bush was. People wanted Bush out of office, people want Obama out of office as well but they are looking for things constantly to place him in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 11:28 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Well said Jim.
Well, he's obviously a racist and non-racist hater.

Might be a bi-hater.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:34 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I think the difference is people felt bush cared about people. He just was not up to the job. Obama is not only not up to the job but he comes accross as that he doesnt like the people either. That includes his supporters. He only cares about his inner circle, exceipt the rev wright.
I met him and I've got to tell you, he was a great guy. I even told him how much I disliked NCLB and he seemed to actually listen, not that it changed anything. Fellow military people we know, who met him while hospitalized, said they felt he was genuinely grateful for their sacrifice, was very enjoyable to visit with, and they didn't feel he was just paying lip service or looking for a photo op. He just seemed like someone you'd love to go to a ballgame with or drink a beer with. He would be everyone's favorite uncle if they were related to him.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Bush by a long shot. Obama has certainly come in for his share, but you libs and this administration are STILL blaming Bush for everything from gout to acne. BDS is still alive and well in Democrats and any liberal blog.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:43 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Bush by a long shot. Obama has certainly come in for his share, but you libs and this administration are STILL blaming Bush for everything from gout to acne. BDS is still alive and well in Democrats and any liberal blog.
WAIT! Its bushes fault i have gout? Wow it all makes sense now!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:49 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I met him and I've got to tell you, he was a great guy. I even told him how much I disliked NCLB and he seemed to actually listen, not that it changed anything. Fellow military people we know, who met him while hospitalized, said they felt he was genuinely grateful for their sacrifice, was very enjoyable to visit with, and they didn't feel he was just paying lip service or looking for a photo op. He just seemed like someone you'd love to go to a ballgame with or drink a beer with. He would be everyone's favorite uncle if they were related to him.
That is such a undervalued thing. I think regan, bush, clinton, and bush all had that about them. I was too young to know any president before them. But for the first time in my life i see a president who i dont like. I didnt agree with clinton but i liked him. I wouldnt mind having a beer with him. But i would need to watch him around my wife... I know a few guys like that. Obama is just not likable. Fyi he could be whiter than anyone and it wouldnt change my belief. Same with past presidents. Any of them could be black and i would still find them cool and caring. Its a shame i have to add that part to my post to clarify and preempt racist attacks and twists of my statements.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:50 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I think it really depends on who you talk to. I still haven't forgiven Bush for NCLB, as it had a direct negative impact on my life and I felt it would prove to be a disaster for education in the long run. I truly thought I would never be unhappier with another president. I was very excited to vote for Obama in '08, for a whole host of reasons but primarily because I wanted a president who looked like me. So it is odd that I find myself in 2013 disliking Obama far more than I ever did Bush. I really do think he has been an inept president, who distains and holds in contempt the nation he is supposed to lead.
Like the saying goes "looks can be deceiving"

I feel like people voted for Obama for all the wrong reasons. They hated Bush so much, and by proxy every Republican. They were enamored with the color of his skin, and not the history of his views, and votes, or the shady characters he was/is aligned with.

Bush set us up with HS, NCLB, TSA, the Patriot Act, the Economic Stimulus Act, a war we had no business being in, more debt than the previous presidents combined, and a sweeping display of rights being removed through power grabbing. Obama has codified everything Bush did, by doing all the same things and more.

The answer is definitely about choosing the lesser of two evils. Since Obama is currently in command, he is the most dangerous and is reaping the most hate; deservedly so IMHO.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-18-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies