Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 05:01 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,052 times

Advertisements

Obama knew it all, now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I already have a "Empty Chair 2016" sign in my yard.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I already have a "Empty Chair 2016" sign in my yard.
Thats a good one. Me likey.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You have it backwards.

Clint Eastwood didn't speak at the DNC.
That's part of the reason why Obama won, they didn't use aging actors at their convention, they had respected leaders like Bill Clinton.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
He better start taking charge and being self-accountable - his supporters to his own detriment won't make him accountable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Give some examples. Otherwise, you are just pulling words out of your michigan moon.
Obama said that he would reduce earmarks by veto if necessary back to 1994 levels. Not only has there not been a reduction, they increased while his party controlled both houses of congress.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels

I contend that if his supporters held him accountable for his words and actions he would have been able to reduce earmarks, by veto if necessary - not increase them.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:54 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I'm glad that people like Clint just stood up and had taken his stand for the good of our great country. He really was right. Real leadership requires responsibility, accountability, and ownership of things. Now take a good look at Barack Hussein Obama. This "president" is not a leader. He's just merely occupying space in the White House, getting free rides in Air Force One, living the high life, and playing all the golf he wants.

The presidency is supposed to be a job. A big job!
Eastwood is not a follower that is for sure. The others are just fitting in and following the celebrity crowd.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

I contend that if his supporters held him accountable for his words and actions he would have been able to reduce earmarks, by veto if necessary - not increase them.
Obama's followers are still living on Hope. They won't hold him accountable.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:19 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Clint Eastwood had it right. We have a president who is an empty chair.

Obama denies knowing about alleged IRS targeting of tea party groups.

Obama tried promoting the Benghazi attacks were because of the video. And where was Obama while we were being attacked by Al-Quaeda. Osama Bin Laden is dead and Al-Quaeda is on the run.

The Obama White House said that it had "no knowledge of any attempt by the Justice Department to seek phone records of the AP

Indeed. Clint was right.

Either we have the most corrupt, or most incompetent president in US history.

Liberals- take your pick.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:24 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
You always know someone has done a good job by the attacks they get afterward, and attacked he was. I wonder if he got audited by the IRS. . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It really was perfect imagery - that is why it upset so many on the left.

He has broken so many promises, told so many lies, and acted hypocritically too often.

He better start taking charge and being self-accountable - his supporters to his own detriment won't make him accountable.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:29 PM

It appears Obama and his administration are corrupt and incompetent at the same time. A double whammy that spells trouble for the nation. The corruption in Obama-Land is the selective use of government power to reward friends and punish opponents. Or, as the president calls them, enemies.

Political allies – think Solyndra and unions – get special goodies, while those who oppose the regime’s agenda are demonized and singled out for scrutiny.

Maybe the AP case made the media realize they were not exempt from Obama’s overreach. With about 3 1/2 years to go in the reign of the Great Mistake, the gods are not done punishing the American people. After all he made a case to vote... vote... vote for revenge. But we forgot to ask for whom do we want revenge.

Obama Administration is Corrupt, Incompetent, and Dangerous
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies