Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
Congrats to you ! I shouldn't be competing with them, but I have in the past and know plenty of people that have to. I am glad someone has gotten a better position. I personally have never been out of work for so long in my life. Jobs that even 3 years ago were here are gone. Even tho it's a bad time family wise, I have apps and resume's out all over the country because yes, I am willing to move IF the pay will make a living.
But if you read this forum, all these illegals are uneducated, lazy criminals who just want to make babies and live off welfare. If this is what you're competing against, I don't think the problem is the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He makes the losers of the nation feel like they are victims, absolving them of any personal responsibility.
And wow at how many there really are.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:31 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
I stubbed my toe yesterday, I'm sick today and my bike won't start.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 AM

805 posts, read 1,084,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I don't know where you get your jobs data but three years ago there were fewer job openings. The economy was just starting to recover from the economic downturn that Mr. Obama inherited. Companies are make record profits, which puts a stake in the heart of your contention that he's hurting business.
Just FYI, the Wall Street Journal reported a week and a half ago that downsizing and tightening the belt were the main two reasons that companies have been recording record profits- it's certainly not that they are expanding, producing more, and responding to consumer demand.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
He's the President of ALL of us, with the responsibility to make life better for at least the majority of us. I agree with the thread starter; he hasn't done anything but harm to this country.

He has the power to make changes that would help the majority (and future generations) significantly--like cutting out some of the 90% of government spending that is waste, pork, corruption, and spending that doesn't help anyone. You could eliminate all the Defense spending (except Veteran's programs), foreign aid, HUD, Homeland Security, NASA, and countless other programs and activities, without harming a single American. All that money could then stay with the people who earned it, growing the economy for everyone.

And unless he's planning to print another trillion and send most of us checks for at least $50,000, there's no way he can cancel out all the extra taxes and health care and insurance costs he's loaded us down with.
Well what exactly has he done to harm this nation ????

And, LOL at "90% of government spending" where did you get that from?

Please name these extra cost and taxes from healthcare.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 AM

805 posts, read 1,084,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
My college aged kids can stay on our health insurance if they decide to take a semester off for an internship or to work, or if they have trouble finding a job with benefits right after graduation.
And how much is that seriously worth to you, especially when you consider everything he has done to marginalize and hammer the middle class? Heck, I bet your insurance premium increase under Obamacare + gas/diesel prices + inflation + cost of regulations (all of which costs, mind you, the American taxpayers bear) have far surpassed that $50-100 you would save per month on health insurance. Is that a good trade though?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
OMG!! You poor, poor dear! And I bet all those people who couldn't afford insurance before and will be able to now get coverage through the exchanges won't care one whit about how much you will have to suffer for it. What an outrage. We all feel your pain.
What does my filling out ridiculous paperwork have to do with them? Why will we all have to file a separate tax form?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
But if you read this forum, all these illegals are uneducated, lazy criminals who just want to make babies and live off welfare. If this is what you're competing against, I don't think the problem is the illegals.
Many of Americans can not find a job. Kids right out of college can not find jobs. So then why are they coming to America? To get Jobs? Read more:

Obama USDA met 30 times with Mexican gov't to promote food-stamp use among Mexican immigrants

It's not jobs, it's welfare. Obama is increasing the Democratic base.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Nothing done for me truthfully. I go to work 5-6 days a week just like i have since the 1990's. Any progress I made was through efforts by myself. Really nothing has changed for me.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
Just FYI, the Wall Street Journal reported a week and a half ago that downsizing and tightening the belt were the main two reasons that companies have been recording record profits- it's certainly not that they are expanding, producing more, and responding to consumer demand.
I tried googling this article to see what it said but i cant find, mind posting a link ?

in the mean time, we know employment has grown in the private sector for more than 2 straight years. when someone says that they are downsizing and tightening the belt in the article and they do not mention a ratio for it, as far as you know it could be 1%downsizing and 99% tightening the belt, and tightening the belt could mean a lot of things. It could mean a reduction in spending, but a reduction in spending doesnt mean hours are cut, it could just mean a company remodeled their stores and energy cost are now lower for them and anything like that.

Actually, some companies are expanding, others are simply hiring back people that they couldnt afford for the last couple of years.

your comment seems to be more about your own personal perception rather than reality, because if the last line was true then we would have negative job numbers every month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies