Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Since I am one, I know what WE think. And that is exactly what WE think. What kind of HELL do you think would happen out here in the fine suburbs if the cops kicked in even the RIGHT door and pointed a gun at an 11 month old white baby and then forced screaming 3 and 7 year olds to sit next to their bloody dead dog for an hour? You think the white folks out here in Arlington Heights would tolerate that??

Wake up and get off your racist rants.

White people get abused by cops too. Cops shoot white people's dogs too. Do a little research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Default Think the war on drugs is worth it?

Of course not.

If it was working, we'd have seen some progress over the past half century.

We haven't.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let's be fair here...

Black folks actually use drugs FAR LESS than whites do, but are more likely to get caught up in legal issues because of the goddamn violence surrounding the dope game. The bodies bring trouble. Black folks can't seem to sell dope in a discreet manner. If its not the violence, then its the all too obvious high living that gives them away.

I believe that there are a hell of a lot of well meaning white people that know the drug war is not only racist, but a war on the poor regardless of race. But they aren't as inclined to take a stand against it because they're not affected as much by the sheer numbers of arrests and incarcerations.

But from what I can see, white America knows this thing is a failure, and most want it changed because prison building and endless incarcerations cannot possibly be the panacea to this problem. They know and understand that the prison industrial complex eats up far too much money.

Very good points DD. It is true that someone who is poor is not going to be able to "buy" their way out of jail time like someone who has the means to do it.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
The story here in England is similar. The 'war on drugs' has been a complete failure. Just put a lot of people in jail, and made criminals rich. It is truly crazy. The more the authorities fail to 'win' the war on drugs, the more money is thrown at trying to win it. It has gone beyond crazy, to madness.

Every so often, some politician will talk about legalising drugs, and trying to tackle the problem in a different way. But nothing changes, and things carry on in the same old, unsuccessful way. Sometimes, on the tv news we see a pile of cocaine, heroin, or marijuana, with smiling cops posing next to it. Reports of two years investigation, following people all over Europe....... for a pile of powder or weed.

Too many people in positions of power, make a good living fighting this stupid drug war. I have give up thinking one day politicians will stop listening to people who encourage fighting this very expensive, so called war.

Any one with an ounce of brain power know this is about supply and demand. How are we going to stop the demand? Many people seem to enjoy taking a variety of drugs for whatever reason. I guess one reason for carrying on in the same old way, is that after demonising drugs for so many years, and jailing people for supply and use, how can politicians now legalise drug use? They've painted themselves into a corner.

I despair things will ever change to our leaders doing an about face, and seriously looking into legalising drugs, and how they can be controlled and made safe. I say this as a person who has watched this farce since the 60s, and never used illegal drugs.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 AM

688 posts, read 652,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Speak for yourself. I think you comments regarding a fellow human being because of their race are disgraceful.
Sorry, but it's true. The LA riots should have burned down Bel Air, not South Central. The rioters had a legitimate demonstration, but they did it in the wrong neighborhood.

Riot toward the people who did you wrong, or don't riot at all... especially in your own home.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Racist much?
Generally people associate blacks with larger urban areas outside the south. Not many of them live in the sticks.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let's be fair here...

Black folks actually use drugs FAR LESS than whites do, but are more likely to get caught up in legal issues because of the goddamn violence surrounding the dope game. The bodies bring trouble. Black folks can't seem to sell dope in a discreet manner. If its not the violence, then its the all too obvious high living that gives them away.

I believe that there are a hell of a lot of well meaning white people that know the drug war is not only racist, but a war on the poor regardless of race. But they aren't as inclined to take a stand against it because they're not affected as much by the sheer numbers of arrests and incarcerations.

But from what I can see, white America knows this thing is a failure, and most want it changed because prison building and endless incarcerations cannot possibly be the panacea to this problem. They know and understand that the prison industrial complex eats up far too much money.
I was very discreet in my sales. But it did not save my ass from prison.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wake up and get off your racist rants.

White people get abused by cops too. Cops shoot white people's dogs too. Do a little research.
I am very sorry but no, that kind of stuff does NOT happen to white people. Maybe once in a blue moon but not routinely because white people would not tolerate it. Not for a minute. I can tell you with 100% certainty that if the Arlington Heights Police did that to even a GUILTY person out here, the police chief would be resigning and the Mayor of this place would probably be gone as well. People out here in the suburbs do not put up with uncivilized cops anymore than we put up with uncivilized criminals. You may choose to believe differently but I am telling the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies