Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 07:39 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I'm all for this. Everyone pays their fair share. Make able bodied welfare recipients pick garbage off the roads then also have to pay.

The reason it will not happen is the government will not have a way to manipulate the people.
I so agree, put every able bodied person to work. If you are able bodied and on unemployment you go do civil work part time until you get a job. Watch how quick someone on unemployment finds a job after working 20 hrs over 2-3 days cutting grass or picking up waste on side of the road. Talk about cutting down on unemployment. Get a job or go to school in a needed field to get a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 08:07 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Ever since I've been alive, during every single administration I can remember, it has emerged that some in the IRS has targeted the party out of power from the White House."

Please provide data to substantiate.

I think I recall accusations one time or another but, NEVER at this level.
Sermon Moves IRS to Act - Los Angeles Times

IRS Ends 2-Year Probe Of NAACP's Tax Status

When the IRS targeted liberals - Salon.com

CNN.com - Robert Novak: IRS smoking gun - July 30, 2002

https://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov...2.02-1413.html

Now, continue pretending this is something unprecedented from the evil Negro.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:46 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Nothing. Gee, what a surprise.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:56 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Get rid of the IRS and they won't have the power to be used by terrorist pols.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 AM

500 posts, read 375,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's easy to change the policies of the IRS. We can just vote the agents out, right?

This is how bureaucracies eat away at representative Republics.
Im for voting Lois Lerner out. The lame brain is a top dog of an organization who deals with numbers and admits she isn't good at math. She doesn't know 75 is 25% of 300. How sick is that? Unbelievable doesn't come close to describing this kind of incompetence.

And she's the one who approved Barack's brother's organization, which doesn't even exist. Retroactively no less.

Lois Lerner, the senior IRS official at the center of the decision to target tea party groups for burdensome tax scrutiny, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to the Barack H. Obama Foundation, a shady charity headed by the president’s half-brother that operated illegally for years.

Read more: Lois Lerner approved exemption for Obama brother's 'charity' | The Daily Caller

IRS Official: 'I'm Not Good at Math' - YouTube

Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Why even have an IRS or any other bloated overbearing redundant government agency if they do not respect the rights of its citizens.
I take an oath to a new Constitution... take a vow for a new Revolution... yada yada yada as the song goes get on my knees and pray we don't get fooled again ...meet the new boss same as the old boss ...enjoy...

Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Peggy Noonan? Is this the same Peggy Noonan that worked for Ronald Reagan whe he was conducting a secret war during Iran Contra?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:18 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Why even have an IRS or any other bloated overbearing redundant government agency if they do not respect the rights of its citizens.
I take an oath to a new Constitution... take a vow for a new Revolution... yada yada yada as the song goes get on my knees and pray we don't get fooled again ...meet the new boss same as the old boss ...enjoy...
The IRS has the duty to review and approve tax exempt applications. Nobody has an automatic right to tax exempt status. As such, it has to make sure organizations actually meet the requirements. Oh, what "rights" were violated? Do you know what happens to organizations that apply for tax exempt status? Until their application is denied, they act as tax exempt organizations.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
I repeat, "I think I recall accusations one time or another but, NEVER at this level.

Your list the same church twice, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, and Judicial Watch. That is 3 incidents which would come under the statement "one time or another".

And of course the ever present race card.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:49 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
When the IRS enforces the HC law which infringes on my rights to feel safe in my person my right to doctor patient privacy.Its Taxation without Representation because they didn't read the damned Bill yet alone debate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies