Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I was speaking about the below statement not taxes. Follow along now...
Oh that part he is almost correct. Can't speak about the ghetto dems he's referring to but I have lived in a suburb of DC and it does fit the bill. Certain DC suburbs fit the bill actually. They didn't always used to be like this. You can think it's an opinion but it's true.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Seriously? I was born into a blue collar non-union family. I started out at a minimum wage job in high school and have subsequently earned/saved/invested every penny I have. If I can do it, so can anyone else.

My means and methods of doing so echo the findings in The Millionaire Next Door. Ask anyone else who worked their way up from very little to higher levels of income and/or wealth how they did it. They'll likely tell you much the same.
Yeah, you and everyone else on C-D. Everyone is perfect, everyone is rich and followed the Warren Buffett method and has an Horatio Alger story to tell.

Only part you left out is walking barefoot in the snow uphill in both directions.

Anyway...nice story bro.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm a bit surprised you would call minorities such as Dr.Carson, Cain, Rice, Rubio, Cruz, Alberto Gonzales, Jindal among scores of other prominent Republicans "puppet men". They are certainly very successful people.
texan2yankee, I'm specifically talking about black people that run the conservative media circuit to defend the Tea party... You're putting words in my mouth because your argument can't hold water!

Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Middle and Upper class blacks (financially and socially) tend to be more rounded in their exposure to economics and human behavior; many are conservative in their personal beliefs, however many blacks of the middle class are entangled and wrapped around the concept of "race" into any and every issue and by default align themselves politically with blacks of the lower classes.

If you talk to almost anyone about problems that surround the poorer ends of the black community, you will almost certainly be given the idea that "racism" is the reason for the lack of vitality. Lack of academic performance? Racism! Overcrowded jails? Racism! Single parent households? Racism! Debt problems? Racism! and so on and so fourth. It' the one symboite that successfully keeps the upper echelons of black america Democratic. The upper echelons of black americans (and I'm not referring to Athletes, or entertainers...I'm referring to the old money, fraternal blacks in organizations like the Boules, the Links etc) are apart of the "racism" industry.

White "elites" with the exception of the most popular of them (i.e. Mark Zuckerburg) tend to be very conservative both financially and socially. It's the middle class whites who tend to be more liberal socially and "rebellious" on social issues. They are the more of the "if it feels good--do it" types.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Oh that part he is almost correct. Can't speak about the ghetto dems he's referring to but I have lived in a suburb of DC and it does fit the bill. Certain DC suburbs fit the bill actually. They didn't always used to be like this. You can think it's an opinion but it's true.
If it's true where's the statistics? I was just asking for data because I've seen differently... If you're going to make a radical claim go ahead and provide a source with statistics...

Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Middle and Upper class blacks (financially and socially) tend to be more rounded in their exposure to economics and human behavior; many are conservative in their personal beliefs, however many blacks of the middle class are entangled and wrapped around the concept of "race" into any and every issue and by default align themselves politically with blacks of the lower classes. If you talk to almost anyone about problems that surround the poorer ends of the black community, you almost certainly be given the idea that "racism" is the reason for the lack of vitality lack of academic performance? Racism! Overcrowded jails? Racism! Single parent households? Racism! Debt problems? Racism! and so on and so fourth. It' the one symboite that successfully keeps the upper echelons of black america Democratic.

White "elites" with the exception of the most popular of them (i.e. Mark Zuckerburg) tend to be very conservative both financially and socially. It's the middle class whites who tend to be more liberal socially and "rebellious" on social issues. They are the more of the "if it feels good--do it" types.

The white upper
When you draw your opinion of blacks from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh you tend to develop opinions like this. I suggest you "actually" talk to some black people than come back and update your post...

Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Romney won married, higher income, college educated, older, non-Hispanic white voters.
That's one major demographic that Romney got.

However, I think another thing to look at is this: The low-income bracket. I look at the geographic/income/racial part of this in a different light. Looking at alot of maps, one thing I see is this. In the South, there are many poor Whites, as well as poor Blacks. Unemployment rates are high among both segments of the population(worse among Blacks). However, the voting patterns are not the same.

-The vast majority of counties that President Obama won were majority-Black, whether they were rural or urban. Major exceptions include the NoVA region(Virginia's DC suburbs),metro Miami, metro Tampa-St. Petersburg, and the academia areas such as in parts of North Carolina.
-Outside of the majority-Black areas/academia areas/Florida/Virginia, the rest of the South is basically Republican, voted for Mitt Romney.

-Kentucky, West Virginia, and Mississippi are at the bottom of the income brackets.

-West Virginia is the 2nd poorest state in the nation, only second to Mississippi. NO county voted for President Obama. Mitt Romney won EVERY county, and there are alot of impoverished areas with high welfare receipt.

-Mississippi is down there with Mississippi in terms of income. And like West Virginia, Mitt Romney won Mississippi. However, WV, MS was a hard victory for Romney. President Obama won the Mississippi Delta counties, and 9 other counties outside of that.

It wasn't just married, higher income, college educated, older, non-Hispanic white voters. Based on what I see with maps, it was also poor, White voters in the South too.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:13 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
When you draw your opinion of blacks from Fox News and Rush Limbaugh you tend to develop opinions like this. I suggest you "actually" talk to some black people than come back and update your post...
No need to...I am "actually" black...are your feelings still hurt?

Old 01-11-2014, 12:17 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The idea that Blacks only vote for Democrats for "free money" is a fallacy because most Blacks who do vote actually work. While Blacks have higher unemployment rates than anyone else, the majority of Blacks work and earn their keep.
Many Blacks who work also get free government money/benefits, in various forms.

Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white: 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black: 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic: 15.7 %
Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain

Percentage of the total population:
White: 63%
Black: 13.1%
Hispanic: 16.9%
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

13.1% of the population but 39.8% of the welfare recipients? Blacks are over-represented on the free government money welfare rolls by a factor of 3.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:21 PM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Based on your previous statement you personally singled out blacks as not being able to do so...
No, I did not. There are people of various races who are unable to do so. Just as members of various species are unable to do so. The natural evolutionary result of which, is what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies