Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 12:30 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times

Advertisements

Even outsiders can see

Obama Re-Elected by Illiterate Society Says Russian Newspaper

Looking from the outside, they see how Obama has constantly lied to the American people. They also see him for what he really is, a communist. And they see him repeating the same mistakes that other communist leaders made in the past. Yet, the 62 million Americans that voted for Obama are blind to what is happening to them. Pravda is the most popular Russian newspaper in their country.

Read more: Obama Re-Elected by Illiterate Society Says Russian Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 12:32 PM

252 posts, read 264,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
you have to do better than that. It's really not that hard to understand.
What? You can't just says "it's" and expect me to know. I am not being purposely obtuse, I just do not know what you are referencing with more than one sentence.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
What? You can't just says "it's" and expect me to know. I am not being purposely obtuse, I just do not know what you are referencing with more than one sentence.
Then read the thread. Don't just jump part way through and post as if you think you know what you are talking about.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:41 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Even outsiders can see

Looking from the outside, they see how Obama has constantly lied to the American people. They also see him for what he really is, a communist. And they see him repeating the same mistakes that other communist leaders made in the past. Yet, the 62 million Americans that voted for Obama are blind to what is happening to them. Pravda is the most popular Russian newspaper in their country.

Read more: Obama Re-Elected by Illiterate Society Says Russian Newspaper
Hahahaha.....

You people crack me up. You are actually going to post a link to some opinion piece out of a Russian newspaper???

99% of the time you don't give a rat's ass about what other countries say about us, but let someone in another country say something negative about President Obama and you can't quote them fast enough.

Seriously....the hypocrisy is so transparent, it's actually quite hilarious. Pathetic, but still hilarious.

I'll bet it wouldn't take much of a google search for me to find and post links to plenty of writers, citizens, and world leaders of other countries who thought our previous president was an idiot, as well as a war criminal.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts that I could find plenty negative about Saint Ronnie as well.

But, hey! we all get it - the opinions (and that is all they are) of people in other countries only matter when it's something negative about our current president.

How pathetically transparent.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 PM

252 posts, read 264,073 times
Quote:
Then read the thread. Don't just jump part way through and post as if you think you know what you are talking about.
Ok.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Hahahaha.....

You people crack me up. You are actually going to post a link to some opinion piece out of a Russian newspaper???

99% of the time you don't give a rat's ass about what other countries say about us, but let someone in another country say something negative about President Obama and you can't quote them fast enough.

Seriously....the hypocrisy is so transparent, it's actually quite hilarious. Pathetic, but still hilarious.

I'll bet it wouldn't take much of a google search for me to find and post links to plenty of writers, citizens, and world leaders of other countries who thought our previous president was an idiot, as well as a war criminal.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts that I could find plenty negative about Saint Ronnie as well.

But, hey! we all get it - the opinions (and that is all they are) of people in other countries only matter when it's something negative about our current president.

Have fun.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I agree. This "I built it" thing is just a tempest in a tea pot. Obama was making a point that we all benefit from society. Civilization itself is only possible because we share resources, information, and stand on the shoulders of all the people in the past, even our own pasts. This does not diminish a person's initiative, which is critical, but it is intended to shame those narcissists who cross a bridge that someone else built and then refuse to build bridges for others, or even to maintain the bridges that already exist.

That is not what Jesus taught, nor Martin Luther King, or any other great moral leader. To be infatuated with one's own achievements, rank, and position is to be a shallow person.

^^^ This. ^^^^

Old 05-20-2013, 04:41 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I agree. This "I built it" thing is just a tempest in a tea pot. Obama was making a point that we all benefit from society. Civilization itself is only possible because we share resources, information, and stand on the shoulders of all the people in the past, even our own pasts. This does not diminish a person's initiative, which is critical, but it is intended to shame those narcissists who cross a bridge that someone else built and then refuse to build bridges for others, or even to maintain the bridges that already exist.

That is not what Jesus taught, nor Martin Luther King, or any other great moral leader. To be infatuated with one's own achievements, rank, and position is to be a shallow person.
^^^^This. You'd either have to bias or ignorant to think otherwise.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Hahahaha.....

Obviously this administration is transparent to everyone but it's followers.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
It's bias.

I'm not big on the political angle but people are so self-absorbed they simply can't admit they aren't special, gifted, or "one in a million". That's why certain folks have this absurd mentality that they've overcome odds like no other. They've done something so special. They did it despite others not with the help of others.

I have a news flash for the guy on welfare working at a fast food joint and the owner of two pizzerias in Anytown, USA:

If you went to get a job in Albert Einstein's lab...you'd both sweep up after he was done for the day. No atom splitting for you.

If you went to get a job with Daniel Hillel (Nobel Prize winner for irrigation advancement)...you'd get his lunch at noon every day. No crop production analysis for you.

If you went to get a job for the legendary rock 'n roll band The Who you'd be a roadie in training. No Baba O'Riley for you.

But you know what? It's ok!!! You're a human being that deserves respect and the opportunity to do whatever you like. Your life deserves the same dignity that everyone else does.

Just please stop thinking you've done something remotely important for society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies