Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 07:00 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,068,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
diligaf
No, nary a one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 PM

26,447 posts, read 15,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Obama: Rush Limbaugh Most Powerful Man in Country?

NO. Obama said:"And I genuinely believe that there are actually Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them, and as a consequence, we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government and inhibits our progress."

Obama is calling Republicans *******...because THEY are fearful of what Rush thinks of them... Obama could give a **** what Rush thinks.
Please read Obama's words again. If you have to, to be objective, pretend that someone else is saying it about someone else...change the names.

Obama is saying that Republicans can't work with him (Obama), because Rush will say something, which means Rush has vast influence and will cause the Republicans to lose office.

Obama is admitting that Rush is so powerful that he can by himself shut down DC. Rush, by fact, according to the president is a major DC power player.

How does that make you feel about Obama's leadership abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
Rush is no coward....you offer no proof of your comments. That is a cheap shot.

Rush has little to no power. Rush seems powerful because he is able to articulate the culture and points of view of the majority of Americans. Its not that Rush > Obama, its traditional American culture > Obama.

I don't listen to Rush often, but I have on a couple of occasional heard a liberal call in and offer respectful and intelligent argument against Rush's position...then Rush hangs up and calls the guy "so stupid" that he can't even talk to...and Rush offered no counter argument... That is what I call an intellectually coward act.

Well according to the president, Rush is a key DC power player that can single handedly shut down DC.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,504,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Please read Obama's words again. If you have to, to be objective, pretend that someone else is saying it about someone else...change the names.

Obama is saying that Republicans can't work with him (Obama), because Rush will say something, which means Rush has vast influence and will cause the Republicans to lose office.

Obama is admitting that Rush is so powerful that he can by himself shut down DC. Rush, by fact, according to the president is a major DC power player.

How does that make you feel about Obama's leadership abilities.

I don't listen to Rush often, but I have on a couple of occasional heard a liberal call in and offer respectful and intelligent argument against Rush's position...then Rush hangs up and calls the guy "so stupid" that he can't even talk to...and Rush offered no counter argument... That is what I call an intellectually coward act.

Well according to the president, Rush is a key DC power player that can single handedly shut down DC.
Hyperbole much?

Old 05-19-2013, 07:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,208,220 times
Lately, I've realized this guy is - and has been since his first campaign (or probably at least his entire adult life) - singing a song to those who can't resist listening. And I'm reminded of that epic story we learned in public schools about the sirens...
Quote:
In Greek mythology, the Sirens were dangerous and beautiful creatures, portrayed as femmes fatales who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island
He'll sing any tune to sway his acolytes. It's obvious they can't resist.

I'd suppose that now he's singing The Songs of Limbaugh

Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 PM

500 posts, read 375,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

NO. Obama said:

Obama is calling Republicans *******...because THEY are fearful of what Rush thinks of them... Obama could give a **** what Rush thinks.
He cares. Believe me, he cares.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:51 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,073 times

He's the most powerful man in red America, but red America is a dying a slow death.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,949,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
No, nary a one.
You certain? New image it should go vertical sometime.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:52 PM

500 posts, read 375,776 times
Quote:
diligaf
dilligaf.

Fixed it.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,949,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
dilligaf.

Fixed it.

geeze all I did was look down at the patch..... well it's been a day here....

Thanks.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,321,653 times
Quote:
He made Jimmy Carter look good, which is a real feat.
He's making me nostalgic for Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies