Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 PM

500 posts, read 375,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
In over twenty years of listening to Rush I can't recall the last time I heard him hang up on a caller or refer to a caller as 'stupid'.

I'm calling BS in your post.

Rush is influential because he speaks for more Americans than Barack Obama does. If one man -any man- can frustrate Obama so much that he can't explain why he can't advance his agenda without blaming it on that man by name then Obama is no leader.
I have heard him hang up when the caller wouldn't ****, but the caller has to be out of line for that to happen. Any moderator, be it radio or TV, would do the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Rush once told an African American caller to take that bone out of her nose and call him back.

Painting this absolute scumbag as the unofficial head of the GOP is pure genius on Obama's part. Bring on those elections.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The only other President I can recall publicly whining about a private citizen criticizing him was Bill Clinton, and he whined about...Rush Limbaugh.
Maybe Obama is whining , maybe not, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Limbaugh is the most influential person in the GOP, more influential than Romney, Palin, Rubio, Paul, or any other person.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:11 PM

500 posts, read 375,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Rush once told an African American caller to take that bone out of her nose and call him back.

Painting this absolute scumbag as the unofficial head of the GOP is pure genius on Obama's part. Bring on those elections.
Right!

Did you actually hear that or is it just another urban legend? You don't happen to have a YouTube, do you? Never fear. I do have a YouTube:

Rush Limbaugh, fake quotes and thug journalism in America. - YouTube

Old 05-19-2013, 09:12 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Oh...link....or is this just another BS statement?

I'm thinking BS statement....

Quote:
Yes, please....bring those elections....

Old 05-19-2013, 09:13 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Maybe Obama is whining , maybe not, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Limbaugh is the most influential person in the GOP, more influential than Romney, Palin, Rubio, Paul, or any other person.
Actually, I agree with you. But Limbaugh wouldn't hold as much influence if wasn't speaking for so many.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Right!

Did you actually hear that or is it just another urban legend? You don't happen to have a YouTube, do you? Never fear. I do have a YouTube:

Rush Limbaugh, fake quotes and thug journalism in America. - YouTube
Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

I don't think you will get much of a response....and coming from a black guy....LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

I don't think you will get much of a response....and coming from a black guy....LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Boy, this isn't forced. Not at all.

The bone comment has been well-documented. It was made back in 1990 when Rush went by the name of Jeff Christie.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Boy, this isn't forced. Not at all.

The bone comment has been well-documented. It was made back in 1990 when Rush went by the name of Jeff Christie.
Well, rush started in 1988...as his own talk show...so, please provide some proof....if you are talking about prior to 1988 and this is well documented....then it should be extremely easy for you to provide proof....

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am not really a Rush Limbaugh fan, I think he is an intellectual coward, but Obama told donors that the reason that he can't get anything done is because of.....Rush Limbaugh.

"And I genuinely believe that there are actually Republicans out there who would like to work with us but they’re fearful of their base and they’re concerned about what Rush Limbaugh might say about them, and as a consequence, we get the kind of gridlock that makes people cynical about government and inhibits our progress."

Rush Limbaugh is so powerful he by himself forces the Republican party to do his bidding. Obama's charisma and hands on approach to government can't overcome the power of this radio host.

In terms of DC power: Rush > Obama

Obama: It's Rush Limbaugh's Fault I Can't Get Anything Done! | Independent Journal Review
Rush Limbaugh's peak of influence was during the Clinton years. He is pretty much irrelevant today. The conservative talk radio hosts with the most influence are Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies