Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 01:09 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
You practice racism by teaching your kids to think this way.
Thanks for the entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
Quote:
You practice racism by teaching your kids to think this way.
how so? by definition this is not racism. I would be sending them into the lions' den to not teach them the reality of our existence in this country. f**k what you believe or think you know. my child doesn't discriminate and has friends of all colors. he is a normal 7 year old boy. but he will be aware and he will be prepared.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Since I never mentioned Michelle, it's pretty ignorant for you to claim that I did.

Of course you wouldn't criticize Obama about anything he does. He's perfect.
You claimed that he never talked about middle class people who did well for themselves. He has spoken at length about his wife's parents who worked very hard and were middle class. Seems logical enough to derive from that that your negative attitude extends to the man's wife.

Didn't answer the question though, I noticed.

That speaks volumes.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
If you are offended, that's your problem. You are free to think what you want. I did not say books were my only sources, but they are a good source of information. How about we get rid of all the books about slavery and the civil rights movements so that people can't read about the history of our country?

Tell me, just how did Obama help you and what did he do for you? I'll ask again - what struggles did Obama experience? You have a someone who got a pass in life, everything came easy to him, is a millionaire, saying he knows what it is to struggle???

He spent his adult life as a community organizer? You should read more - he spent 3 years as a community organizer. Seems I know more about "The One" than you do. LOL

You aren't capable of discussion so I won't attempt to have one with you.
He added jobs to the economy and I've been working w/o fear of losing my job to a recession? Is that enough "help" or were you expecting me to say that he increased my welfare benefits?

You have the nerve to bring up the CRM and then ask what struggles a Black man went through growing up in the 60s, 70s, & 80s? Good lord...

The "community organizer" dig isn't' my criticism. It's Conservatives' criticism. But I'm glad you're on board w/ pointing out how absurd that criticism is... until the next time you feel it suits your agenda bring it up.

All your last posts have done is shine a spotlight on your own ignorance. Throwing out buzzwords like "civil rights movement" don't make up for the fact that you obviously don't understand what it was about, or who was impacted by it.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You claimed that he never talked about middle class people who did well for themselves. He has spoken at length about his wife's parents who worked very hard and were middle class. Seems logical enough to derive from that that your negative attitude extends to the man's wife.

Didn't answer the question though, I noticed.

That speaks volumes.
Bold text: please quote my post (if you can.) and then explain your "logic".

As for everything else your logic must be skewed by all the kook-aid you drink, not to mention you ASSuming a lot and using "logic" based on nothing I have said, but I'll wait for you to quote my posts to support your ASSumptions and logic.

To answer your question: .

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
He added jobs to the economy and I've been working w/o fear of losing my job to a recession? Is that enough "help" or were you expecting me to say that he increased my welfare benefits?

You have the nerve to bring up the CRM and then ask what struggles a Black man went through growing up in the 60s, 70s, & 80s? Good lord...

The "community organizer" dig isn't' my criticism. It's Conservatives' criticism. But I'm glad you're on board w/ pointing out how absurd that criticism is... until the next time you feel it suits your agenda bring it up.

All your last posts have done is shine a spotlight on your own ignorance. Throwing out buzzwords like "civil rights movement" don't make up for the fact that you obviously don't understand what it was about, or who was impacted by it.
LOL. Put the kook-aid down!!! How many jobs were lost before he added? How many jobs that were full time are now part-time?

Don't preach to me about the 60s, 70s and 80s. Were you around for the CRMs? Did you take part in the CRMs? I don't think you know as much about the CRMs as you think you do, or is being black enough to claim you know all about the CRMs and that white people don't know anything about the CRMs, especially since there were many whites who supported the CRMs, and some that died doing so.

You and your ilk like to think yourselves smart, which is nothing more than a guise for your lack of knowledge and your own ignorance.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:51 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Bold text: please quote my post (if you can.) and then explain your "logic".

As for everything else your logic must be skewed by all the kook-aid you drink, not to mention you ASSuming a lot and using "logic" based on nothing I have said, but I'll wait for you to quote my posts to support your ASSumptions and logic.

To answer your question: .
From your post:

"When was the last time he spoke of successful black men and women who struggled and pulled themselves up out of poverty? Or those who came from middle class that succeeded? He's not an example of success. Successful people work hard to get where they are, he was in the right time at the right place and had the gift of gab."

So basically you cannot defend your stance that the president has not worked hard to get where he is. Working hard on those personal attacks though.

Got it.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:53 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,057 times
Stop responding to these three posters
softblueyz
eRayP
AllAmericanNYC
if you want to have a serious conversation.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:01 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
Quote:
LOL. Put the kook-aid down!!! How many jobs were lost before he added? How many jobs that were full time are now part-time?

Don't preach to me about the 60s, 70s and 80s. Were you around for the CRMs? Did you take part in the CRMs? I don't think you know as much about the CRMs as you think you do, or is being black enough to claim you know all about the CRMs and that white people don't know anything about the CRMs, especially since there were many whites who supported the CRMs, and some that died doing so.

You and your ilk like to think yourselves smart, which is nothing more than a guise for your lack of knowledge and your own ignorance.
You asked what Obama has done for me, and I told you. If the fact that a recovering economy doesn't fit your definition of "helping Black people"... oh well.

I could be completely oblivious to everything that happened during the CRM, and I still wouldn't make as ridiculous a statement as a Black man that grew up in the 60s, 70s, & 80s, didn't face any struggles.

I'm not even ripping on you for not being smart. I'm ripping on you for being illogical. You don't need to be a genius to realize a Black guy named Barack Obama who lived during the CR era, and who worked w/ working class Blacks, and is an active member of the professional Black community probably knows what struggles Black men go through.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM

199 posts, read 160,934 times
Quote:
And the race card gets pulled again LOLOL, nothing new.
the race card insult is old as dirt. Try to be original if you're gonna insult a group of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies