Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you should be calling for the resignation of everyone in the FBI directly under Holder who screwed this up then.
All of them!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,200,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Looks like they went after a Fox news reporter as well.
When the DOJ has a mission they go all out.

Since they didn't arrest him I guess they didn't find any dirt on him.

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report
The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department, and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday.
In a chilling move sure to rile defenders of civil liberties, an FBI agent also accused Rosen of breaking the law with behavior that—at least as described—falls inside the bounds of traditional news reporting.
The case began when Rosen reported on June 11, 2009, that U.S. intelligence believed North Korea might respond to tighter United Nations sanctions with new nuclear tests.
Well....it was announced today that a federal judge found probable cause that the FOX guy is responsible for the leaks, so I think you're a bit ahead of yourself on this one.

Federal judge finds probable cause Fox News reporter helped leak classified docs | The Raw Story

Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
He wasn't arrested and he wasn't charged so obviously he didn't break the law, did he ?

And the actual "leaker" would be a government worker, not a reporter.
never claimed ROsen did anything illegal, never claimed he was the leaker either. My point is that Republicans wanted to persecute President Obama just 6 months ago because someone leaked something. Now that it is seen as a scandal, you are all ok with leakers.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
never claimed ROsen did anything illegal, never claimed he was the leaker either. My point is that Republicans wanted to persecute President Obama just 6 months ago because someone leaked something. Now that it is seen as a scandal, you are all ok with leakers.
You want to talk about OK WITH LEAKERS?!?!?!?! Where does your support lay with Bradley Manning? Didn't just about the entire Left call this guy a hero???? Why YES THEY DID!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Well....it was announced today that a federal judge found probable cause that the FOX guy is responsible for the leaks, so I think you're a bit ahead of yourself on this one.

Federal judge finds probable cause Fox News reporter helped leak classified docs | The Raw Story
Actually I wasn't ahead of myself. I posted about what I had read.
And that was Washington Post and Yahoo News.

Geeze..nobody is telling the full story anymore

Your article gives more details especially this IMPORTANT part I pasted below.

From your link:

A federal judge agreed that there was probably cause that Rosen had broken the law and took the unusual step of signing off on a warrant for his emails.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
All of them!!!
then why dont you. this is just like the ATF in Fast and Furious and the Navy(marines)/CIA with Benghazi. Everyone attack Eric Holder, but no one attacks those directly responsible for carrying out what you perceive to be a scandal.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You want to talk about OK WITH LEAKERS?!?!?!?! Where does your support lay with Bradley Manning? Didn't just about the entire Left call this guy a hero???? Why YES THEY DID!
I didnt, you can search my profile. And no, the entire left did not call him a hero.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,184 times
Quote:
How easily you dismiss the overt investigations into right wing people/groups/entities by the current administration.

Do you care more about your party then the fair execution of government powers ?
One day the table might be turned and then the other side will casually dismiss your concern.
Yours is a sober, adult, and noble thought but you're wasting your time. The American Left's penchant for fascism is hidden in plain sight here. Not just that the Obama Justice Department engaged in retaliatory audits and investigations, but also that many (if not most) Left-wing CD posters are utterly indifferent to manifest violations of the First, Fourteenth, and possibly Fourth Amendments to a Constitution that was written purposefully and specifically to limit the power of government. All they care about is that it's not their ox being gored -this time.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Even Mother Jones is concerned about the overreach on this story:

Quote:
Even more extraordinary, the Justice Department appeared to consider prosecution of not just the leaker in this case, Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, but also the reporter, James Rosen, the chief Washington correspondent for Fox News. The charge? Acting as "either as an aider, abettor, and/or co-conspirator of Mr. Kim." In other words, trying to get access to confidential government information, something that reporters do every single day. The key section of the warrant is below.
An Inside Look at How DOJ Goes After Reporters, Not Just Leakers | Mother Jones

Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,690,316 times
Quote:
Looks like they went after a Fox news reporter as well.
When the DOJ has a mission they go all out.

Since they didn't arrest him I guess they didn't find any dirt on him.

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report
The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department, and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday.
In a chilling move sure to rile defenders of civil liberties, an FBI agent also accused Rosen of breaking the law with behavior that—at least as described—falls inside the bounds of traditional news reporting.
The case began when Rosen reported on June 11, 2009, that U.S. intelligence believed North Korea might respond to tighter United Nations sanctions with new nuclear tests.

Latest I read is that he may well face charges along with the guy who fed him the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies