Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 06:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Obama called Benghazi an act of terror then later claimed he called it a terrorist attack.
Was this before, or after he blamed a movie and locked up the producer who's STILL in jail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The House Committee holding hearings isn't interested in facts. They've had the facts ... for a very long time. And they seem not to be concerned about the lives lost or those loved ones left behind. The "scandal" is about posturing for the 2014 and 2016 election cycles. Their purpose has been to harm the USA, not make it stronger.

That's Raymond Maxwell and he wrote a poem just for folks like yourself:

Quote:
Trapped in a purgatory of their own conceit…

Trapped in a purgatory
of their own conceit…

The web of lies they weave
gets tighter and tighter
in its deceit
until it bottoms out -
at a very low frequency -
and implodes.

It may be just a matter of perception –
they can’t undo their wrongs
for fear it’d undermine their
perceived authority –
an authority they think they require
to stay in charge.

Yet all the while,
the more they talk,
the more they lie,
and the deeper down the hole they go.

There’s nothing I need to go back to -
nothing to re-litigate -
nothing to defend -
and certainly nothing to prove
to the unworthy.

Just wait…
just wait and feed them rope.
Trapped in a purgatory of their own conceit

In case you don't know who that it is:

Quote:
Raymond Maxwell was placed on forced “administrative leave” after the State Department’s own internal investigation, conducted by an Administrative Review Board (ARB) led by former State Department official Tom Pickering.
Exclusive: Hillary's Benghazi 'Scapegoat' Speaks Out - The Daily Beast

Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No, Don, it's not like the birth certificate, no matter how much you wish it were.

It's about competence and accountability in government. It's about people getting killed because of their government hanging them out to dry. Their President thought so little about them that he WENT TO BED and NEVER bothered to find out what happened to them.

It's about an administration that lied FOR WEEKS about the true cause of the attack. Why did they lie? To win an election. People with integrity care about getting lied to. It's clear you're not among that group - if you had a shred of integrity, you would be outraged like I am that this administration sent Susan Rice out to tell a bald-faced lie on five different Sunday talk shows. You'd be outraged that our President went to the UNITED NATIONS and barfed up the same nonsense. You'd be outraged that the maker of the youtube video is still in jail over this. You'd be outraged that our government spent $70,000 of YOUR MONEY running apologies for the youtube video in the Middle East. But no, none of that outrages you, Don Draper (D), because you are one of those Americans who thinks all of this is a game. The Republicans are the bad guys, and the people you voted for - especially Obama - can never be anything but good guys because they aren't the bad guys, the Republicans.

I don't care if this country is popoulated by 65 million morons who voted for Obama and another 65 million morons who didn't vote in anything but an American Idol contest. I spent 7 years of my life in service to my country and it matters to me what happened over there. If Chris Stevens can be sent abroad to be essentially slaughtered by his country by politics with no accountability, then this country is pretty much finished.

I am not going to stop caring because other people are too politically invested in the Democrat Party to care. I am an American first and what happened in Benghazi is wrong. Obama lied about it and he continues to lie about it to this day.

It is nothing like the birth certificate.
Well, you would get a smidgin more credence if you got the party's name right. There is an ic on the end of it that the Republicans just cannot bear, for reasons yet unknown. So, naturally enough, anyone who has ever cast a vote for a Democratic party candidate immediately thinks Republicans have basic spelling and intelligence deficiencies.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Was this before, or after he blamed a movie and locked up the producer who's STILL in jail?
I asked this very question earlier....wonder why this had to be asked twice?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 PM

500 posts, read 375,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
People with integrity care about getting lied to.
And people with integrity don't lie.

No more need be said.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:14 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I asked this very question earlier....wonder why this had to be asked twice?
Because it's a stupid question???

Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Well, you would get a smidgin more credence if you got the party's name right. There is an ic on the end of it that the Republicans just cannot bear, for reasons yet unknown. So, naturally enough, anyone who has ever cast a vote for a Democratic party candidate immediately thinks Republicans have basic spelling and intelligence deficiencies.
There's nothing democratic about that party, therefore it is the Democrat Party to me. Plus, calling it that irritates lockstep leftists like yourself, which makes the term worth its weight in gold.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Because it's a stupid question???
Something that obviously you and the left are unable to answer?

3rd try is a charm, can you make it happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies