Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,523,511 times

Advertisements

sound advice erayp. be willing to work for less......initially. be to work early. don't be a don't work at work person. in time you will be recognized.....or you will be missed as you go elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,033,416 times
A big lie.. actually , blacks get a hand up and don't have to work that hard. Their employers are afraid they will play the race card so they get extra perks too.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:33 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,762,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Yes, sometimes I can see that you are reasonable. Hey at least you want to work, just lose the negative thoughts about not getting a job because you are black. It shows regardless of what you think and no employer wants to work with someone who pulls the race card. You don't have to kiss ass and that is wrong to feel that you have to.

Instead of going to an interview thinking you need a job realize that your needs are not their concern. Yes that sounds cold but no matter who you are it is a fact. The attitude is interest in the company, what you bring to the table. When you go on an interview you are trying to sell your service. Also realize that when you go on an interview you are also interviewing the company.

Maybe get a book on how to present yourself in the best way possible. Anyone needing a job is at a disadvantage because the competition is stiff. It is an employers market and those employers are also nervous about the things that are happening in this country.

Just remember, when an employer hires they are taking a risk and hoping you will be a excellent part of the team.

Amazon.com: job interviews
Could you be any more condescending and insulting??

Old 05-21-2013, 12:38 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,762,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
A big lie.. actually , blacks get a hand up and don't have to work that hard. Their employers are afraid they will play the race card so they get extra perks too.
Extra perks?? Like what, cars? a vacation package to a place of their choice, company paid? double bonus? extra sick days? extra personal days? get Black History Month off? What extra perks are you talking about?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:17 PM

764 posts, read 595,874 times
It's amazing that there's a debate here based on something that Obama didn't even say...

Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,322,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I just proved to you that Black have higher unemployment rates than Whites, even when education levels are equal. I backed it up too.

Tell me something. If affirmative action was working, I would have a job by now.
You posted incorrect information and then posted a link that proved you were wrong. If you can't get a job even with other applicants being discriminated against to accommodate you that's your own fault. Your excuses are your own.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:50 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,322,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, I was calling into account a very serious fallacy. The biggest beneficiary of affirmative action is White females.

I was demonstrating to you that affirmative action doesn't work, and that Blacks still get discriminated against.

And no, I did not expect to get the job simply for being Black. I was hoping that someone would hire me because I have the education. However, out of my cohort, I'm the only one unemployed. My point was to prove to you that if Blacks are "so privileged" we would have lower unemployment rates than we do now.
Well since all of your cohort are employed you are clearly a victim of discrimination. It can't possibly be that more qualified applicants beat you out. It can't possibly be due to some sort of weakness that you have that caused other more qualified candidates to be hired over you. It has to be because you're black. That crutch will always be there for you to lean on rather than admitting it might be something about you personally.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,408,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Could you be any more condescending and insulting??
My bad, I wanted to give advise from my experience and hopes he gets a job. MY BAD! At least he wants to work. Unfortunately for him and many like him we have an idiot in the office who thinks that the way to create jobs is to defund employers and people looking for jobs are paying the price.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,225,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, it isn't. Race is about genetics.
Yes, it is. It is also about genetics, but the fact remains that the only anatomical differences between the races are purely superficial.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,717,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Yes, it is. It is also about genetics, but the fact remains that the only anatomical differences between the races are purely superficial.
How can something be both genetic and superficial?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies