Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It sounds like she is taking a shot at Pat Robertson's comments about Katrina to be honest.

Here in Oklahoma as we mourn the deaths and begin to clean up Moore for the second time in 15 years we need to be concerned about other things.

I am concerned as to whether our own US senators will support federal disaster funding as it goes against their core principals.
That's exactly what she was doing--Pat Robertson and a number of other radical right wing Christian, Jewish and Islamic religious leaders said hurricane Katrina was God's wrath for the sinfulness of New Orleans. She was pointing out that if you believe that God uses horrific natural disasters as divine retribution for the sins of a group of people, then you have to use the same explanation when those horrific disasters happen to people who believe what you believe.

The truth--it's ridiculous. God doesn't punish anyone with disasters. They happen. It's called weather.
Hurricane Katrina as divine retribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sorry you guys went through this--I have you all in my prayers. We went through the Hallam tornado (very near us) in 2004 (we were fine), but it was a small town that was flattened vs. a city suburb. I can't imagine what you all are going through....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 AM

600 posts, read 659,904 times
Quote:
It sounds like she is taking a shot at Pat Robertson's comments about Katrina to be honest.

Here in Oklahoma as we mourn the deaths and begin to clean up Moore for the second time in 15 years we need to be concerned about other things.

I am concerned as to whether our own US senators will support federal disaster funding as it goes against their core principals.

great post! and my best wishes to you and those around you...

I highly doubt there will be politicians that vote to deny funding as so many republicans did after Hurricane Sandy.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:55 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
great post! and my best wishes to you and those around you...

I highly doubt there will be politicians that vote to deny funding as so many republicans did after Hurricane Sandy.
Because nearly half or more of the funding that was in the bill was not going for the relief of Sandy....you know...pork....

Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 AM

500 posts, read 375,969 times
Quote:

The pork, the pork, think of the lost pork.

I know it's incomprehensible that it's the pork they didn't like, but facts are facts.

A little 4-letter word: PORK. So hard to figure out.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM

600 posts, read 659,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
The pork, the pork, think of the lost pork.

I know it's incomprehensible that it's the pork they didn't like, but facts are facts.

A little 4-letter word: PORK. So hard to figure out.

ridiculous for you, and others like you, to quibble over spending in a time of crisis!

shame!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:50 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The problem with your comparison is that, when these shootings take place, the left comes out first with their screaming about getting rid of guns. The gun owners are only reacting to the left's politicizing of the killings.
Nice try. Fail. The conservatives are classless, rude & insensitive regarding the families of shooting victims, ESPECIALLY the Sandy Hook families. Apparently you have selective hearing & seeing when it comes to that topic.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 AM

500 posts, read 375,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
ridiculous for you, and others like you, to quibble over spending in a time of crisis!

shame!
So you're saying if you need a new shirt you buy an entire new wardrobe? Or a new car, which has as much to do with your shirt as pork does with a natural disaster?

Or are you saying you don't know what PORK is?

Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nothing, just anticipating the next nuttiness from the right wing peanut gallery.
There was nothing wrong with attempting a politcal joke about a tornado that killed hundreds including children?

Its deplorable. but expected from left wing hollywood types.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
The Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust. Those who know God and have to go through devastation and loss will be enveloped by the comforter, the Holy Spirit of God to get them through. It is a tragedy for all of them who are in the path of a major tornado. God be with them.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:56 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua

The problem with your comparison is that, when
these shootings take place, the left comes out first with their screaming
about getting rid of guns. The gun owners are only reacting to the left's
politicizing of the killings.
Oooh, is that anything like saying that these shootings never took place, that they were paid actors?
Despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies