Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
Both posts reflect the same factor, it takes a 2/3s majority, (60 votes) to remove a president from office.

The last time the senate was 5 votes short.

If the 2014 mid terms change the power makeup of the senate with a republican majority of 60, then the situation changes.

Obama isn't like Nixon, Nixon fell on his blade to prevent the destruction of the country a full blown impeachment would have meant at that time. obama doesn't care about the country as has been proven again and again, just himself.

Remember your own admonition
Oh good lord--they CAUGHT Nixon committing felonies. That's why he resigned, and it had nothing to do with "falling on his sword" to save the country. Ford gave him a blanket pardon for crimes he had committed against the US so he didn't have to face a trial, conviction and going to prison--FORD said he granted the PARDON for the good of the country. I don't know how old you are, but I remember it very well.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Proclamation_4311

When any of you goofs have real proof and real facts/proof that a crime was committed by the president, then you can talk impeachment. As it stands right now, this is the 17th issue that you bozos have threatened to impeach the president over since 2009. It's ridiculous and that's why no one listens to any of you anymore.
“Impeach Obama! Again!” - Salon.com

Last edited by mb1547; 05-21-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
From your link:

“Half or nearly half of those surveyed

You do understand that isn't half of Americans....

... don't you.
Oh shush, he's doing fine!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
This is like taking a poll in the VIP section at the NRA convention and concluding that 100% of Americans want every person to be armed all the time.

Laughable poll is laughable.

Come on...you can't seriously believe that HALF of Americans want the President impeached. Not a single one of the very few right-wing spewing friends I have, have even mentioned it...and they aren't shy about their dislike. For people who claim liberals are low-information and uneducated, this is a pretty sad thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
When any of you goofs have real proof and real facts/proof that a crime was committed by the president, then you can talk impeachment. As it stands right now, this is the 17th issue that you bozos have threatened to impeach the president over since 2009. It's ridiculous and that's why no one listens to any of you anymore.
Oh, holy hell. hahahaha. Man, talk about whining and crying.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Oh good lord--they CAUGHT Nixon committing felonies. That's why he resigned, and it had nothing to do with "falling on his sword" to save the country. He had to be pardoned by Ford so he didn't go to prison--that prevented a trial and convictions. I don't know how old you are, but I remember it very well.

Lol! Love it!
"He should be impeached for just existing".

Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! Love it!
"He should be impeached for just existing".
That's what this has come down to with these nuts. No one with any credibility listens to them anymore, because if Obama breaths, they think he should be impeached. It's sad and pathetic. The worst part is if they ever had ANYTHING to say that could benefit the country, no one is listening to that either, because everything else coming out of their mouths is a joke. That's what happens when you lie and exaggerate constantly. You ruin your reputation and your credibility. My kids understood that by the time they hit elementary school. People only trust you if you are trustworthy.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
That's what this has come down to with these nuts. No one with any credibility listens to them anymore, because if Obama breaths, they think he should be impeached. It's sad and pathetic. The worst part is if they ever had ANYTHING to say that could benefit the country, no one is listening to that either, because everything else coming out of their mouths is a joke. That's what happens when you lie and exaggerate constantly. You ruin your reputation and your credibility. My kids understood that by the time they hit elementary school. People only trust you if you are trustworthy.
I had to go back and re-read this. I thought you were talking about Obama and his Administration!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Won't happen.

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, the democrat senate gave him a pass.
In WHAT universe was it a "democrat senate" that gave Clinton a pass?

Your lack oif contact with reality makes reading the rest of your post seem nothing but a waste of time.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In WHAT universe was it a "democrat senate" that gave Clinton a pass?

Your lack oif contact with reality makes reading the rest of your post seem nothing but a waste of time.
That's what we're here for. If it weren't for city data, we'd all be out fishing, mowing the grass, or doing something meaningful.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:31 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,578,245 times
Quote:
Oh good lord--they CAUGHT Nixon committing felonies. That's why he resigned, and it had nothing to do with "falling on his sword" to save the country. Ford gave him a blanket pardon for crimes he had committed against the US so he didn't have to face a trial, conviction and going to prison--FORD said he granted the PARDON for the good of the country. I don't know how old you are, but I remember it very well.
Proclamation 4311 - Wikisource, the free online library

Aside from the histrionics, Nixon was accused but never impeached for covering up wiretapping.
The Nixon Administration and Watergate: Illegal Wiretapping and Surveillance

No charges of impeachment were filed because he resigned before the circus could start. With the population of the country at each other's throats over Viet Nam and Civil Rights etc. at that time, Nixon removed himself from the equation, Ford's pardon of him attempted to resolve the issue and get the country back together. I use the expression that Nixon fell on his blade because at the time he resigned, there were no charges against him, just as there are no charges against obama now.

One of the current scandals that obama is being accused of is, (feigned shock) wire tapping
American Way: don't impose Watergate on the scandals facing Obama - they stand on their own - Telegraph

I understand that obama supporters will defend him no matter what he does, but the fact is that there are serious questions being raised about his actions.

I am not calling for his impeachment, wouldn't matter if I did, but I do think the severity and number of charges must be investigated and then either charges brought or the case dismissed based on evidence, not simply emotional hyperbole.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
I am not calling for his impeachment, wouldn't matter if I did, but I do think the severity and number of charges must be investigated and then either charges brought or the case dismissed based on evidence, not simply emotional hyperbole.
if it weren't for emotional hyperbole about 95% of the blah blah blah coming from DC would be silenced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies