Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,455,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SMH...even in a tornado circumstance there's always politics, eh?
Yep. Never let a crisis go to waste -- everything's an opportunity to bash Obama and the Feds. Everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
And to that I say total BS. The government slashes critical depts while giving out bonuses and raises to others.
They are doing that for political reasons and surely you should see that.
Threaten to cut services most needed by the citizens in order to get more money and avoid all cuts.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 15 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,521,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The same thing happened with Katrina and Bush.
The same question...where was FEMA.

People seem to think FEMA is a first responder group.
No, with Katrina, people were asking where is the leadership. people were trapped in their homes, stuck in buildings down town and other stuff like that. And even after the initial crisis, there was no food no water.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
The crap form the sky has not even finished falling and your trying to pin something on Obama and FEMA? This is nothing but an obvious ploy to try to make the Admin. look bad. Don't be so transparent.
Somebody has to be "transparent". Obama certainly isn't.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,337,506 times
Actually if we are going to play the blame game over Katrina it was Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco who "botched it big time"

Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, with Katrina, people were asking where is the leadership. people were trapped in their homes, stuck in buildings down town and other stuff like that. And even after the initial crisis, there was no food no water.
Let's not rehash Katrina because it starts with the Mayor and Governor before throwing all blame on the President of the United States. More had to do with not ordering evacuation of the city.

FEMA cannot respond until a state asks for help.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
I see so strong willed and opinionated most of the time. however in the wake of a tragedy as this one, the awful destruction, death, and horror of what happened.

There is a time and place for the politics. Too soon right now in the wake of what has happened. I imagine a entity such as Fema, has planning to do also, cannot just clap their hands, and in an instant, in the destruction be there, they are not bewitched.

I was under the impression Fema is there to help with temp housing, and repairing of damges to homes and businesses. Think they also help out with loans for property owners, or am i wrong.

In a time like this, i think we need to show care and compassion, to those who have lost their whole life savings and more. These people who have lost their homes and more, deserve as fellow americans, to be shown support from all of us, put yourself in their shoes. It was heartbreaking for me to watch yestersay, while small kids were being held after finding them in the rubble.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:49 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,961,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I see so strong willed and opinionated most of the time. however in the wake of a tragedy as this one, the awful destruction, death, and horror of what happened.

There is a time and place for the politics. Too soon right now in the wake of what has happened. I imagine a entity such as Fema, has planning to do also, cannot just clap their hands, and in an instant, in the destruction be there, they are not bewitched.

I was under the impression Fema is there to help with temp housing, and repairing of damges to homes and businesses. Think they also help out with loans for property owners, or am i wrong.

In a time like this, i think we need to show care and compassion, to those who have lost their whole life savings and more. These people who have lost their homes and more, deserve as fellow americans, to be shown support from all of us, put yourself in their shoes. It was heartbreaking for me to watch yestersay, while small kids were being held after finding them in the rubble.
Here, here..

Stopping the bleeding is the first responders jobs, and they do them well. FEMA comes after to help with the larger scope rebuilding process.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:56 AM

45,200 posts, read 26,409,281 times
Like anything the government does, FEMA is a taxpayer funded "who's on first?" skit..

Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,685,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
The crap form the sky has not even finished falling and your trying to pin something on Obama and FEMA? This is nothing but an obvious ploy to try to make the Admin. look bad. Don't be so transparent.
The gov't looks bad all on its own -- no help needed there from anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies