Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hmm. The car door is labeled "Federal Protection Service". Now, if only there was some sort of globe-spanning information network where one could look that sort of stuff up. Oh, wait...

Federal Building Security | Homeland Security

That appears to be the case, yes.
As I mentioned, i've never once laid eyes on a DHS security guard in any of the Federal buildings I spend or have spent time in.

It must be largely a "field" thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 05:04 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

I ask again- how do we maintain a democracy in a country that is half-moron?
the irony of your post overfloweth. we don't have a democracy. we are a republic.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
It looks like there were about two dozen people there. I guess that will show Obama!
Now he's running scared.
Really, were you there or something?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Really, were you there or something?
All I had to do was go to the OP's link. Doesn't look like there were a whole lot of people there. It's not rocket science.
If there were HUNDREDS of people there, where are the pictures? I see about two dozen Tea Partiers with their knickers in a knot.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:31 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
All I had to do was go to the OP's link. Doesn't look like there were a whole lot of people there. It's not rocket science.
If there were HUNDREDS of people there, where are the pictures? I see about two dozen Tea Partiers with their knickers in a knot.
Dunno about hundreds but well more than a couple dozen people
Tea Party Supporters Call For Independent IRS Investigation | FOX2now.com
and thats only Saint Louis, there were other protest all over the country.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
You mean to tell mw there was an actual tea party protest, a assume all 20 of them showed up in silly costumes.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As I mentioned, i've never once laid eyes on a DHS security guard in any of the Federal buildings I spend or have spent time in.

It must be largely a "field" thing.
You haven't noticed these SUV's all over DC?, parked in front of every major government facility?
Perhaps you should pay better attention next time you're downtown.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
the irony of your post overfloweth. we don't have a democracy. we are a republic.
Oh, dear lord, I thought we had put this idiocy to bed a month back. Here are two definitions of "democracy" from two different sources:

"A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."

"government by the people; especially : rule of the majority"

The only idiots here are the idiots who somehow think "democracy" and "republic" are mutually exclusive. What said idiots do is conflate "democracy" with "direct democracy." We took about five laps around the park with another genius a month ago. It took about 30 pages before he finally conceded that, yes, the United States is both a democracy and a republic. Strive to be smarter than he was.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Oh, dear lord, I thought we had put this idiocy to bed a month back. Here are two definitions of "democracy" from two different sources:

"A system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives."

"government by the people; especially : rule of the majority"

The only idiots here are the idiots who somehow think "democracy" and "republic" are mutually exclusive. What said idiots do is conflate "democracy" with "direct democracy." We took about five laps around the park with another genius a month ago. It took about 30 pages before he finally conceded that, yes, the United States is both a democracy and a republic. Strive to be smarter than he was.
BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

awesome post.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:10 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud White Guy View Post
We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.” - Barack Obama

Now really. What’s to handle? A bunch of white senior citizens aren’t likely to go feral, right? Comments at other websites are stating that the DHS had armed guards at other IRS protests in other towns across the country.

See the pictures of the event in the below link.

Whoa!! ARMED DHS GUARDS Meet Tea Party Protesters Outside IRS Rally in St. Louis | The Gateway Pundit

[url="http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Screen-shot-2013-05-21-at-12.03.29-PM1.png"]http://3-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/503x463xScreen-shot-2013-05-21-at-12.03.29-PM1.png.pagespeed.ic.Pi2zGfmT7V.jpg/URL]
Forgetting about the Bush free-speech zones so quickly?
You need to look at your history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies