Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Pushing people into homes they could not afford is also on the taxpayer's back in the future.. we are headed for huge tax debt in the coming years with a president that can't think .... we are picking up that debt by our government buying toxic assets off the books of the banks in trouble with too many foreclosures on the books and there are many homes still standing idle.. the banks have to move these homes through short sales because they have too many foreclosures on their books and have lost trillions of bucks on all these faulty loans because the people did not pay but took the money and gave it to the builder or the person who sold them the house.

They are selling some of these foreclosures for half price or less to get some of the principle back and they didn't get much interest on these adjustable rate mortgages as many were interest free up front. The banks lost the principle which is the real killer here. And the government is borrowing money to put money back into the banks because all they have is a bunch of toxic assets with no one paying the mortgages so there is no cash flow.
How was anyone pushed into a house they couldn't afford? Everyone had the freedom to not buy a house that seemed too expensive to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 02:53 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
How about when there is no tangible currency left? What will I do?
TRADE IN ALL YOUR FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES FOR GOLD BEFORE THEY BECOME WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!

I could just see it now in the grocery store:
Cashier: "That will be $6.22"

Hot_Handz: "Sorry, I only have gold bars. How much is that in gold"

Cashier: "Whut? We take cash, credit, debit, or check"

Hot_Handz: "Thats just all a conspiracy to keep us enslaved. How much gold do I need to give you?"

(Cashier pages Manager)

Manager: "Sir, what can I do for you"

Hot_Handz: "I was just explaining to your sheeple employee here that I don't use Federal Reserve Notes since its not real money. I use gold. Please tell me how much I need to give you and I will be on my way"

Manager (pulls out iPhone and caculator) "Yeeah... Lets see, gold is now trading at $1369/oz..., $6.22 divide... that will be 0.00454346238130021913805697589481 ounces."

Hot_Handz: "I only have this 400 oz gold brick, and I won't accept phoney cash for change"

Manager: "Sir, I'm sorry but you'll have to leave the store. Please go before I call the police"

Hot_Handz: "YOU ARE A SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM! THIS STORE IS PART OF THE CONSPIRACY!!! DOWN WITH THE FEDERAL RESERVE!!!!!!..."

Old 05-22-2013, 02:55 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Every single modern economic system is based on faith in the government of the country under which it exists. Tangible currency is meaningless for a modern economy to operate.
Oh great... so your answer goes something like this....

ALL economic systems require some state oversight. The state seeks to control ALL of it.... so let's just do it.

You might as well say 1% is the same as 100%

Old 05-22-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
TRADE IN ALL YOUR FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES FOR GOLD BEFORE THEY BECOME WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!

I could just see it now in the grocery store:
Cashier: "That will be $6.22"

Hot_Handz: "Sorry, I only have gold bars. How much is that in gold"

Cashier: "Whut? We take cash, credit, debit, or check"

Hot_Handz: "Thats just all a conspiracy to keep us enslaved. How much gold do I need to give you?"

(Cashier pages Manager)

Manager: "Sir, what can I do for you"

Hot_Handz: "I was just explaining to your sheeple employee here that I don't use Federal Reserve Notes since its not real money. I use gold. Please tell me how much I need to give you and I will be on my way"

Manager (pulls out iPhone and caculator) "Yeeah... Lets see, gold is now trading at $1369/oz..., $6.22 divide... that will be 0.00454346238130021913805697589481 ounces."

Hot_Handz: "I only have this 400 oz gold brick, and I won't accept phoney cash for change"

Manager: "Sir, I'm sorry but you'll have to leave the store. Please go before I call the police"

Hot_Handz: "YOU ARE A SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM! THIS STORE IS PART OF THE CONSPIRACY!!! DOWN WITH THE FEDERAL RESERVE!!!!!!..."
Did you ever foresee yourself coming out of the grocery store and being killed for your groceries?

Can that NOT ever happen?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Oh great... so your answer goes something like this....

ALL economic systems require some state oversight. The state seeks to control ALL of it.... so let's just do it.

You might as well say 1% is the same as 100%
Yes...all economic systems that are not based on barter require a degree of state oversight. That isn't a radical view, that is something that has existed in every economic system since the middle ages.

If you want to go back to trading chickens for milk go right ahead. Or better yet, you could educate yourself on macroeconomic effects of central bank policies with a textbook instead of a video on youtube.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Did you ever foresee yourself coming out of the grocery store and being killed for your groceries?

Can that NOT ever happen?
They'll more likely kill you for your gold bars.
Food < shiny metal.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Yes...all economic systems that are not based on barter require a degree of state oversight. That isn't a radical view, that is something that has existed in every economic system since the middle ages.

If you want to go back to trading chickens for milk go right ahead. Or better yet, you could educate yourself on macroeconomic effects of central bank policies with a textbook instead of a video on youtube.
Stop building strawmen...when did I ever say I wanted a barter system? I very well understand the benefits of mediums of trade.

What I am trying to get you to expound on is WHY should you place MORE faith in government regarding these channels than we already have?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
They'll more likely kill you for your gold bars.
Food < shiny metal.
Not if I don't have any gold bars...remember, gold can be hoarded and concentrated into the hands of a few just like any perceived value..

And your food looks mighty good to the dude who has no gold.....or 1's and 0's in his non-existing bank account.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM

So, no gold, no cash, and you don't believe in a barter system. What exactly DO you want???

Old 05-22-2013, 03:05 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern212 View Post
So tell me sheeple.

How does it feel being a SLAVE and not even realizing it? Or do you even care? So long as you're content then being a slave isn't all that bad I suppose. Right?
I assume you posted this from a 100% off-the-grid yurt in Montana, where you grow all your own food and barter for everything else.

Though how you managed to get onto the Internet under those circumstances is a bit of a mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies