Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
That part I don't know. Some practitioners have restricted DEA privileges, maybe that's the reason

My impression is the narcotic painkillers are prescribed way too easy. And here I speak in all honesty.

Arthritic pain is difficult to treat, narcotics are not very helpful, and if your dad lived alone maybe the doc was worried that he will accidentally overdose and stop breathing and die and you will sue. it has happened all over Florida and other states - family sues the physician after their beloved ones overdoses or kills themselves - often it is difficult to distinguish - the narcotic painkillers prescribed by that physician.
However, I have not heard about cases of a 90+ yer olds going to court for that.

Anyway, I really don't think anybody in any case will ever assist suicide in a case of arthritic pain.
that is not just going to happen.

even if it is severe.
But I said he had multiple health issues. I only mentioned this particular one. I can't even imagine the pain my dad was in and neither can any of us unless we are in their shoes. And there is no relief from it. How do you live like that. Why would doctors, who are sworn to help patients, want you to live like that. How exactly are they helping anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
none of your business
Now now..... You get quadded and can't move a lick better than Hawken.... Whatchu gonna do?

You can't do it alone........ So if there is a plan you will need someone else for what amounts to assisted murder.

Or I guess you could work for Obama and get thrown under a bus

I think now we understand one another a little better.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:30 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What if the person is physically healthy but suffers from depression or grief?
Short term depression related to an illness, death, divorce or whatever is different from a person who has suffered depression all their life. Anti depressants work well for them and most don't stay on them for long....just during the rough time. Life long depression is a whole different thing.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
I am not going to.

Ask you doctor.
in other words you have no compassion for those that might need assistance. gotcha.

Quote:

yet you think that assisted suicide somehow will magically be exempt for the malpractice, negligence, abuse and increased hell from the same teams of doctors, lawyers and social workers or whoever will be involved.

Reading this blabber on your guys, part, it looks like you have not seen anything except soap operas in your life
again, if the laws are set up right, and everything is put down on paper all nice and legal like, the doctor that assists the suicide will be held harmless.

Quote:
I don't plan for that.

YOU HAVE TO.

there are unplanned things in life and YOU have to plan for them.

Grow up and stop forcing others to make important decisions instead of you.
how about YOU grow up and start having a bit of compassion for those around you. back in 2007 i was ijn the hospital for 6 weeks with severe septicemia. if i had less fortitude, and was willing to commit suicide, there was no way i was able to rack the slide on my smallest firearm i was so weak. i also couldnt swallow pills easily either. at that point, assuming i were terminal, i would have needed help ending my life, if i were of the mind to.

Quote:
Are there a lot of abortion performing doctors?

That's the answer - right there.

There won't be many willing to assist your suicide as well.
yes there are plenty of doctors performing abortions, and plenty of doctors are willing to assist in suicide if the laws change to make it legal. including many family doctors.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What if the person is physically healthy but suffers from depression or grief?
I think we have to set some parameters.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:46 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,763,177 times
I have lost too many Beloved Friends and Family - most that suffered in intolerable pain and wished an end to their suffering.

Yesterday, I happened to watch a Frontline program on End-of-Life Choices and it reminded me of my most recent losses.

Here is the link for those that interested: The Suicide Plan | FRONTLINE | PBS

Old 09-12-2013, 07:48 PM

808 posts, read 662,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in other words you have no compassion for those that might need assistance. gotcha.

again, if the laws are set up right, and everything is put down on paper all nice and legal like, the doctor that assists the suicide will be held harmless.

how about YOU grow up and start having a bit of compassion for those around you. back in 2007 i was ijn the hospital for 6 weeks with severe septicemia. if i had less fortitude, and was willing to commit suicide, there was no way i was able to rack the slide on my smallest firearm i was so weak. i also couldnt swallow pills easily either. at that point, assuming i were terminal, i would have needed help ending my life, if i were of the mind to.

yes there are plenty of doctors performing abortions, and plenty of doctors are willing to assist in suicide if the laws change to make it legal. including many family doctors.

oh, quit squeezing tears by that BS "compassion".

You want to commit suicide - do it yourself and grow up and plan it ahead.

Don't force it on others because of "compassion".

It is selfishness and it does not evoke any compassion a t all.

no, there are not plenty of doctors performing abortions and the amount of them is decreasing EVERY YEAR - to the point that some OB/GYN residencies do not teeach how to perform abortion anymore.

And that is GOOD.

Same is with forced suicide.
Sure, there are Gosnells as well, enjoy their help.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I mean, you are right - they kind of do. Which is fine by me.

When my Mom was in her final days with cancer - I know they gave her enough morphine to completely depress her breathing. IF I'd had the courage and knowledge, I would have given her even more to spare her those last few, horrible days. But I was terrified myself.
Yes, it is a lot more common than people think.

Many years ago, my Grandmother broke her arm, they did surgery to insert a pin and she threw a blood clot.....caused a MASSIVE stroke......that she was never going to come back from. I will never forget her eyes bouncing around every which way like pin balls.

A doctor approached my Dad in the hospital hallway and asked him if he "wanted it to be over".....my Dad said yes.....she died that night......instead of laying there like that for who knows how long.

IMO, that doctor was a saint.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 PM

808 posts, read 662,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Now now..... You get quadded and can't move a lick better than Hawken.... Whatchu gonna do?

You can't do it alone........ So if there is a plan you will need someone else for what amounts to assisted murder.

No chance here you might want an abortion but you can't force anybody to perform one

Or I guess you could work for Obama and get thrown under a bus

I think now we understand one another a little better.
I already told you it is none of your business.

I am not going to whine on a message board - someone needs to assist meee wa-wah-wahhh

if I think that's the best way out - it is going to be MY CHOICE, not whining for a need to have a nanny in that.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:53 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Yes I support it. I have a DNR and if I ever have any sort if terminal illness ill take care if it. I refuse to give everything my wife and I work for to some hospital to suck every ounce of finances from me all in the name of the sanctity of life. When I go I want it quick not prolonged agony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies