Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 08:36 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So, you believe that we shouldn't worry about security leaks and investigate them? And I'm sure you also believe that DOJ did something illegal?
If you've been paying attention, you now know that what they were looking for did not raise to the level of a security risk! As a matter of fact, the info was the same info that this same White House was going to release the next day ANYWAY!!!

FOX News has been long considered an enemy by this President!! No one should dare question him! No one should dare scrutinize him!!

We knew nothing about this man! And yet we gave him the keys to the kingdom!!

This country is getting what it deserves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 04:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Yes it's only an accusation but I thought Holder said that he recused himself?

Holder OK'd search warrant for Fox News reporter's private emails, official says

Holder OK'd search warrant for Fox News reporter's private emails, official says - Open Channel

Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
"Eric, I need you to investigate yourself and your actions here"

Obama Orders DOJ Review of Leak Investigations

Obama Orders DOJ Review of Leak Investigations - ABC News

I have a feeling that's not going to be good enough. Holder supposedly recused himself in the first place (even though it seems he didn't) because he was a part of those being investigated so to determine where Holder screwed up he's now instructed to investigate himself.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

TRIFECTA -- Targeting Tea: Obama's IRS Singles Out Conservative Groups - YouTube

Old 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Isn't this the "liberal media" they've been monitoring?

You know, the biased media that conservos are always crowing and whining over endlessly?

What happened to that cozy relationship between Obama and the media?

Now RWNJs are taking their side.

Strange bedfellows, indeed.
OR, it could be with some in the LSM statrting to ask questions about Benghazi and the IRS, that Obama wants to remind them about stepping out of place and bad press against him won't be tolerated.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
OR, it could be with some in the LSM statrting to ask questions about Benghazi and the IRS, that Obama wants to remind them about stepping out of place and bad press against him won't be tolerated.
Sure it is.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
This one is tricky. The Justice Department investigation wasn't to stop freedom of speech or freedom of the press--they were investigating a CRIME that threatened national security. What do you do when a member of the press commits a crime in the course of their reporting? Are they above the law? Lots of things to think about.

James Rosen Leak Investigation: Fox News Reporter 'Co-Conspirator' - Business Insider
You don't know what you are talking about. Government workers must go through security checks and if they leak information they are the one who committed the crime not the member of the press who are doing their job.

My god, you are as bad as Chris "tingles" Matthews, why don't you just try to do Obama already.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
― James Madison
" 90% of politicians from Chicago are thugs and liars. The other 10% are, too. "

--- TrapperJohn.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default May232013IRS: The Internal Retribution System

IRS: The Internal Retribution System by David Bossie

"This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Watergate hearings which ultimately led to President Richard Nixon’s resignation. One point in the Articles of Impeachment signed off by the House Judiciary Committee sounds eerily similar to the devastating scandal coming out of the Obama Administration today:

Ultimately, this is a vivid example of why big government does not work. Where does the power of the IRS end? We now learn they also wanted copies of private Facebook posts, transcripts of Tea Party rally speeches, and even information about the content of prayers. And to top it all off, in 2014, the IRS will hire 16,000 agents to enforce Obamacare and allow this hyper-partisan agency to have access to your medical history."

Last edited by janelle144; 05-23-2013 at 09:29 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
" 90% of politicians from Chicago are thugs and liars. The other 10% are, too. "

--- TrapperJohn.
Well the way he runs his administration and Presidency, is that of a thug, mob type, gangster type, don't cross me, don't disagree with me, don't call me out, but sing me praises.

Never seen anything like this, if this idiot were on my side, there would be no excuses made for stupidity. period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies