Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Exactly who re-opened diplomatic relations with Libya?

On June 30, 2006, the U.S. rescinded Libya's designation as a state sponsor of terrorism. In July 2007, Mr. Gene Cretz was nominated by President Bush as ambassador to Libya. The Foreign Relations Committee of the U.S. Senate held Cretz's confirmation hearing on Wednesday, September 25, 2008.

Libya
I understand that.

But Obama is the one who illegally violated Libya's sovereignty by dropping thousands of bombs on them, killing thousands of innocent people in the process, and allowing al-CIA-da to take over the country--also facilitating the turmoil in Mali and Algeria.

Libya's civil war was no threat to us, just like Syria. It's all on him, just like Iraq is all on Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 11:22 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Do you guys not understand context? He was not saying that the benghazi attack is a joke, rather the attempt to paint it as an Obama scandal is a joke.
Isn't that the same thing? Anyone not interested in getting the facts of what actually happened in Benghazi is the joke. I want to know if the Obama administration stonewalled and covered up the facts. Was he in the loop, and did he just go to bed? I want to know why the team of SEALs were ordered to stand down. I want to know why Steven's calls for help, and warning of impending attacks 24 hours earlier, went ignored.

I want to understand the facts; not be told what to believe by this administration.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the deaths are the scandal
No, the illegal intrusion into Libya's sovereignty is the scandal. The deaths are just blowback from the illegal bombings.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I understand that.

But Obama is the one who illegally violated Libya's sovereignty by dropping thousands of bombs on them, killing thousands of innocent people in the process, and allowing al-CIA-da to take over the country--also facilitating the turmoil in Mali and Algeria.

Libya's civil war was no threat to us, just like Syria. It's all on him, just like Iraq is all on Bush.
Booting Qadaffi Duck was no doubt the primary motive. That clown supported and harbored terrorists for decades.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Booting Qadaffi Duck was no doubt the primary motive. That clown supported and harbored terrorists for decades.
So do many other countries the U.S. support to this day (with your tax dollars): Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Israel...

It still doesn't give the U.S. government the right to illegally violate the sovereignty of a foreign country. What if China bombed us to install their puppet government? Would you be okay with that?

Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Do you guys not understand context? He was not saying that the benghazi attack is a joke, rather the attempt to paint it as an Obama scandal is a joke.
...to go along with Fast&Furious,IRS,AP and who knows what else in this non-transparent WH...Obama ain't no Slick Willy Americans are waking up to what the Ba-rak is cooking...

Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM

500 posts, read 375,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
As CinC, the responsibility for this ends at his desk . It was HIS State dept that changed the "talking points". It was his administration that trotted out Susan Rice to blatantly lie, when all evidence points to it being a lie at the time is was said, not after the fact.

Even the then Director of Central Intelligence stated he wouldn't go with Rice's remarks, yet they were used anyways.

Why are people trying to absolve Obama of any and all responsibility in regards to Benghazi?
You're asking the bunch who has no idea what responsibility is and how to take it.

The government teat suckers.

The excuse makers.

The victims.

The lwnj.

Has he closed Gitmo? No. It was his first promise, his first lie, and something that got him elected the first time, even though those voters didn't have a clue what Gitmo was. They just thought it sounded good. And do they care that Gitmo isn't closed? Of course not. They still don't have a clue what it is. As to broken promises, it's what they live and breathe with. Standing by your word and being responsible is a foreign concept to them.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:33 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Poor old Howard is one of Washington's biggest jokes.

Yes, it's a scandal.

No, it's not going away.
You realize that the right wing is the only group that really cares about this, right?

Old 05-22-2013, 01:55 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Ah the sociopathic former head of the DNC states that Benghazi is a "laughable joke" and that there are no serious questions as to what happened there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahsz7WUNlUM
He's right. We already know what happened in Benghazi - why the right continues to try to make hay of it shows how desperate they are for any issue to grab onto.

What's the scandal, Maxwell? Seriously, lay it out for me right here - tell me exactly what the scandal is.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM

500 posts, read 375,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You realize that the right wing is the only group that really cares about this, right?
That might be. It doesn't make the left side look very good and isn't something I would be proud of.

The thought of the noise the left would be making were this a Bush failure makes my ears bleed.

I personally don't consider it a partisan issue. My heart breaks at what those four patriots went thourgh and how little to nothing was done to help or save them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies