Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:55 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
This awful slaughter of an English soldier on a street in his own country has sickened me. All we get from our Prime Minister is the same old Islam is a peaceful religion. We get speeches from other ministers talking of the great contribution Muslims make to my country.

What would have happened if two white men had driven a car into a Muslim, then set about killing him with knives and machetes? We would now have been trying to contain massive rioting.

Because of massive immigration, and having so called multiculturalism forced upon us, the white English have to somehow live amongst these people. Many despise us, and want only to live among their own people. Many towns now have so called 'parallel societies,' Having little to do with each other.

Northern towns like the one I was born in, and lived for 50 years, which is called Oldham, are changed beyond all recognition. This is not immigration, it is occupation. Muslims have large families, we, generally, have small ones. In time, they will become the majority, and will try to impose their religion, and way of life on us. This happens wherever Muslims are the majority in the world.

We get shouted down as racists for expressing our fears, and are expected to just put up with it. I fear for the future of my country, I feel politicians just want to keep a lid on things, and hope what happened to poor Lee Rigby was an isolated incident........ till the next time.
I guess both the US and UK have their immigration problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:07 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
And tilt was the people who shielded his body while they were unarmed and faced a guy with a revolver cowards. Were the men who tackled the Glasgow airport bombers cowards?

You would probably run a mile.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
The politically correct do not consider the lives of these citizens at all important.

Just like immediately after the murder of those people at the Boston marathon, Obama could only speak of the greatness of "diversity" and made it clear that the lives of innocent Americans don't matter.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:11 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippybrewhah View Post
no more liberalism....it is destroying america and turning into a 3rd world country....these softees imo
It's not about liberalism, immigration or radicalization - it's about foreign policy.
Noam Chomsky was asked how to stop terrorism, his answer: Stop Committing It!!!

this is the big picture:

Quote:
The notion that terrorism is simply a predictable consequence of an interventionist foreign policy, the propping up of dictators and the embrace of empire is downplayed by the mainstream media. The dominiant political and media message is that British military involvement in West and Central Asia is necessary to prevent terrorism reaching its shores. Without a hint of hypocrisy on their part, politicians and commentators use incidents like Woolwich to say to the public – look, this is what happens if we do not keep vigilant and do not go into these countries to root out such people.

The media likes to compartmentalise issues. Focus on the Woolwich attack, not civilian deaths in Afghanistan. Focus on one of our lads who was butchered by a couple of maniacs, not on drone attacks that terrorise whole communities. Focus on protecting ‘freedom and democracy’, not Guauntanamo, Palestine or actions or support for regimes that have nothing to do with either. Do not connect any of the dots for a comprehensive analysis, but focus on specific incidents and emotive platitudes.

Of course, you will never hear any TV news channel or political debate in parliament bring up the Project for a New Americam Century (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article1937.htm), a plan devised by US neo-cons and which sets out the underlying reasons for the West’s ongoing wars, destabilisations, covert operations, killings, murders, death squads and torture that have nothing to do with humanitarianism or ‘fighting terror’ and everything to do with securing world domination. No mention of it or Britain’s role in supporting it. Such things are not to be discussed.

Such things are beyond the scope of ‘rational political discourse’. We must keep to the ‘facts’ – the facts as designated by those who wish to bury the real facts at every available opportunity.

In the meantime, we must stick to the story about the proper way of preventing terror at home is by stopping the indoctrination or brain washing of young Muslims. Do not focus too much (if at all) on the Western-fueled barbarity and hacked to death bodies on blood stained streets in far away lands. Out of sight, out of mind, thanks largely to the media. Just who is being indoctrinated here? And who is to protect us from the real extremism?
Blood on the Streets of London: Who will Protect us from the Real Extremists? | Global Research

Old 05-25-2013, 11:30 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
This awful slaughter of an English soldier on a street in his own country has sickened me. All we get from our Prime Minister is the same old Islam is a peaceful religion. We get speeches from other ministers talking of the great contribution Muslims make to my country.

What would have happened if two white men had driven a car into a Muslim, then set about killing him with knives and machetes? We would now have been trying to contain massive rioting.

Because of massive immigration, and having so called multiculturalism forced upon us, the white English have to somehow live amongst these people. Many despise us, and want only to live among their own people. Many towns now have so called 'parallel societies,' Having little to do with each other.

Northern towns like the one I was born in, and lived for 50 years, which is called Oldham, are changed beyond all recognition. This is not immigration, it is occupation. Muslims have large families, we, generally, have small ones. In time, they will become the majority, and will try to impose their religion, and way of life on us. This happens wherever Muslims are the majority in the world.

We get shouted down as racists for expressing our fears, and are expected to just put up with it. I fear for the future of my country, I feel politicians just want to keep a lid on things, and hope what happened to poor Lee Rigby was an isolated incident........ till the next time.
I'm afraid you're right. We don't have the same level of Muslim immigration here in the states, but the problem I think were having is that historically as people have immigrated here, they became "United States citizens", they adopted the way of life and blended in more. They still had there own cultures but they became Americans. That's been the difference here, and most likely over there as you talk about parallel cultures.

I wonder, why the f do they go to another country and not make any efforts to adopt to that way of life. I certainly would, the old saying 'when in Rome'

I watched a clip of that mans family talking to the media. That poor wife of his.... I was filled with a wave of hot rage when I saw that poor womans face......

I hope they throw the book at those savages that did that.....

Old 05-25-2013, 08:28 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Which stupid policy are you talking about?
Hmmm, maybe the one about not being able to defend one's self? don't worry da gubbermint will do it for you.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:35 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hmmm, maybe the one about not being able to defend one's self? don't worry da gubbermint will do it for you.
You are right ... having a weapon would have worked just fine when they drove that car right at him.

Got any more bright ideas?

Old 05-25-2013, 08:44 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
You are right ... having a weapon would have worked just fine when they drove that car right at him.

Got any more bright ideas?
Yeah..... someone could have helped the guy. Which would have been the right thing to do.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yeah..... someone could have helped the guy. Which would have been the right thing to do.
Yes it would.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:06 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippybrewhah View Post
....anchor babies.....
The UK abolished birthright citizenship, so by your logic they must have no problems related to immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies