Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

God bless these people! This issue can no longer be ignored. The 99% will be heard.

SEATTLE (May 1, 2013) - March Against Monsanto hasannounced that on May 25, tens of thousands of activists around the world will “March Against Monsanto.” Currently, marches are being planned on six continents, in 33 countries, totaling events in over 250 cities, and in the US, events are slated to occur simultaneously at 11 a.m. Pacific in 47 states.

GMO Free USA | Harnessing education, advocacy, and bold action to foster consumer rejection of genetically modified organisms.

Kellogg contributed almost $800,000 to a deceptive advertising campaign that defeated Prop. 37, which would have required the labeling of genetically engineered foods in California. This company does not support transparency or truth in labeling and has no regard for the health and safety of consumers who buy their products.

WE ARE RAMPING UP… LET’S TURN UP THE HEAT!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:13 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Oh noes, hippies are angry! Better watch out!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:37 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Hard to believe anyone is FOR GMO's, and feeding garbage to their family.

People have a right to know what's in their food, and research so they don't become a burden on the medical system and need medical care. It is a win-win to support Organic and healthy foods.

But perhaps some are too partisan to see facts.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,001 times
It wont work. Your only power is at the cash register

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Hard to believe anyone is FOR GMO's, and feeding garbage to their family.

People have a right to know what's in their food, and research so they don't become a burden on the medical system and need medical care. It is a win-win to support Organic and healthy foods.

But perhaps some are too partisan to see facts.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
That's right. The only way to hurt them is in their profit margin.

That's how BGH died a slow death. There were milk companies that advertised their milk BGH free.
People bought that milk. Monsanto didn't like that and sued to have them remove the "BGH free" from their milk.
They lost. Monsanto ended up dumping their BGH hormone to Bayer.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Absolutely. If you don't like it, don't eat it.

Much do about nothing.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times

1)protect our food supply? and you march against Mosanto? Do you not know what they do? Help us plant less, grow more. . .Companies like this have greatly increased our food supply.

2) Support local farmers? Sometimes a good idea. . but only sometimes. I don't support anyone unless they provide me something of value. . .Most of my farmer support goes through wal-mart first

3) harmful effects of genetic foods? not really. Nothing proven. . .just scare science. . .Only thing I see proven is super weeds (which is negative. . .)

4) Big govt and business - seriously. . . .its the price you pay for democracy. Though I'm more worried about the FCC head then these issues. . .

Old 05-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

1)protect our food supply? and you march against Mosanto? Do you not know what they do? Help us plant less, grow more. . .Companies like this have greatly increased our food supply.

2) Support local farmers? Sometimes a good idea. . but only sometimes. I don't support anyone unless they provide me something of value. . .Most of my farmer support goes through wal-mart first

3) harmful effects of genetic foods? not really. Nothing proven. . .just scare science. . .Only thing I see proven is super weeds (which is negative. . .)

4) Big govt and business - seriously. . . .its the price you pay for democracy. Though I'm more worried about the FCC head then these issues. . .
Here's your typical American ^^^^^^

That is why "marches" won't work and Big Ag will continue to rule.

Next time you buy fresh fruit/veggies from Walmart Chris, take a look at the COOL label and see just which "farmers" you are supporting.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

Yeah!

Up with quantity, down with quality.

Corn is corn. Well, just so's ya don't affect its looks.

Poisoned corn can feed more people than non-poisoned corn.

PLUS, as it kills people off, supply will increase even further.!

It's just economics!

Fkn Libertarians!

Last edited by Nonarchist; 05-23-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Yeah!

Up with quantity, down with quality.

Corn is corn. Well, just so's ya don't affect its looks.

Poisoned corn can feed more people than non-poisoned corn.

PLUS, as it kills people off, supply will increase even further.!

It's just economics!
Livestock are having problems with this GMO corn and soybeans.
It's just not headline news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies