Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 08:02 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,659,983 times

Advertisements

I am a liberal and here is my take on bikers:

1. Don't ride on the sidewalks.
2. Obey the same laws as cars (that means you have to STOP at stop signs).

That's it. It seems simple to me.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
If you don't have a license plate on your backsides, you have no business on the road. Bike Lanes are a joke, as are bikes as a serious means of transportation.

If you are a kid, ok, perhaps, but one you have responsiblity, you need proper transportation.

Tell me, what do you think of bringing back horse and buggy, since you seem determined to take big steps backwards?
Interesting that your profile states "live free," yet you want to restrict the freedom of bikers.

Personally, I think that when people use a bicycle, they are doing the public a service. They are using a form of transportation that does not lead to climate change, causes minimal wear and tear to the roads, and does not affect the air quality.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:28 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
Interesting that your profile states "live free," yet you want to restrict the freedom of bikers.

Personally, I think that when people use a bicycle, they are doing the public a service. They are using a form of transportation that does not lead to climate change, causes minimal wear and tear to the roads, and does not affect the air quality.
Bicycling is healthy, and if more people bicycled maybe it would be a dent in America's huge expensive obesity problem.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Bicycling is healthy, and if more people bicycled maybe it would be a dent in America's huge expensive obesity problem.
Eh, as you get more obese, the more unpleasant and unsafe it becomes to ride a bike.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:54 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
Why?
Unless you are on your way to cure cancer or stop a nuclear war, your time is no more important than mine, the bum on the corner or anyone elses.
I pay taxes just like anyone else, more than you, for sure. Why dont you guys build private roads if you dont approve?
We do, with our fuel taxes. You don't, with your "no fuel" taxes. One silly biker holds up dozens of people - people going to important jobs, doingt important things, to make the world a better place. Bikers are kinda like the streakers at a baseball game. They get in the way and hold things up.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Eh, as you get more obese, the more unpleasant and unsafe it becomes to ride a bike.
The seat completely disappears.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post

I have no problem with you biking. Just don't get the way of people with important things to do, driving on roads their fuel taxes pay for. That's all. I am not against you, just conduct your biking in a reasonable fashoin. BTW, serious people with serious jobs don't bike to work, well not since the 1940 in England and occupied France.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I am a liberal and here is my take on bikers:

1. Don't ride on the sidewalks.
2. Obey the same laws as cars (that means you have to STOP at stop signs).

That's it. It seems simple to me.
And make sure you have your license so everyone knows you are paying your fair share for the roads. You DO pay your fair share, don't you???

Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I have no problem with you biking. Just don't get the way of people with important things to do, driving on roads their fuel taxes pay for. That's all. I am not against you, just conduct your biking in a reasonable fashoin. BTW, serious people with serious jobs don't bike to work, well not since the 1940 in England and occupied France.
You're dead wrong.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
If I'm riding my bicycle - any where - and some auto jerk tries to intimidate me with an off idea, I just holler to him, 'NEXT TIME - YOUR KID!'

If I'm driving and encounter a bicyclist and have need of executing a maneuver I just try to remember, 'Next time, my kid'.
I guess it is time to rest my case. See all the visceral anger and rage bikers cause by trying to rike their toys with the real vehicles.

I used to ride 50 miles a weekend or the bike path at the beach, but I didn't try to pretend I belong on the road with vehicles that have crankshafts that weigh more than my bike. Side streets, fine. Neighborhood streets, fine, but not on busy roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies