Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 12:16 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times

Advertisements

the boyscouts had to give in. the boyscouts would be obliterated if they didn't allow gays.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If they are straight then why do they choose boys as victims and not girls?
Opportunity and because young boys are very similar in development to young girls.

Journal of the American Medical Association

"One study noted that 98% of these male perpetrators self-identified as heterosexual."

Sexual Abuse of Boys. Definition, Prevalence, Correlates, Sequelae, and Management William C. Holmes, MD, MSCE; Gail B. Slap, MD, MS JAMA. 1998;280:1855-1862.

“..a child’s risk of being molested by his or her relative’s heterosexual partner is 100 times greater than by someone who might be identified as a homosexual."

(Carole Jenny et al., Are Children at Risk for Sexual Abuse by Homosexuals?; 94 Pediatrics 41; July 1994)

Behavior Research and Therapy
"Amongst the heterosexuals, the commonest remarks concerning attractive features of the victims, were that the young boys did not have any body hair and that their bodies were soft and smooth."

Marshal, W.L.; Barbaree, H.E.; Butt, Jennifer. “Sexual offenders against male children: Sexual preferences.”

Archives of Sexual Behavior
“The research to date all points to there being no significant relationship between a homosexual lifestyle and child molestation. There appears to be practically no reportage of sexual molestation of girls by lesbian adults, and the adult male who sexually molests young boys is not likely to be homosexual."

Groth, A. N., & Gary, T. S. (1982). Heterosexuality, homosexuality, and pedophilia: Sexual offenses against children and adult sexual orientation.

"Homosexuality and homosexual pedophilia are not synonymous. In fact, it may be that these two orientations are mutually exclusive, the reason being that the homosexual male is sexually attracted to masculine qualities whereas the heterosexual male is sexually attracted to feminine characteristics, and the sexually immature child’s qualities are more feminine than masculine. . . . The child offender who is attracted to and engaged in adult sexual relationships is heterosexual. It appears, therefore, that the adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater sexual risk to underage children than does the adult homosexual male."

A. Nicholas Groth, William F. Hobson, and Thomas S. Gary, “The Child Molester: Clinical Observations,” in Social Work and Child Sexual Abuse, eds. Jon R. Conte and David A. Shore (New York: Haworth Press, 1982), p.136.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I don't have data but my reasoning is this: if girls are molested by straight men and boys by gay men, and straight and gay men are equally likely to be molesters, then we would expect only a small fraction of victims to be boys, maybe 3%. Instead, about one quarter of molestation victims are boys. It is claimed that this is because many "straight" pedophiles have no preference in victims and go after boys as well as girls. Is this true? I would like to see the evidence that supports this claim.
The problem with your reasoning is that you think people are attracted to boys the same way they are attracted to men. That's not the case. Boys are more like girls at a young age. They do not have any of the qualities gay men are attracted to. They do have the qualities straight men are attracted to.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
It baffles me how out of touch you people are with what it means to be gay. Do you guys literally sit there reading NARTH or Family Research Council all day? Most gay men do not dress up like women. That's called a cross-dresser, and most cross-dressers are heterosexual.

Learn the difference between Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation.
It's like trying to teach a Holstein the Dance of the Seven Veils. Utterly hopeless. They'll hang on to their misconceptions and misperceptions like grim death, and nothing you can say or do will budge them. It's called a fixed delusion.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:56 PM

150 posts, read 183,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Adult gay men are interested in young boys. Fact!
As a gay man myself I can assure you that I am not interested young boys so your "fact" is bullcrap

Old 05-25-2013, 01:20 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okipower120190 View Post
As a gay man myself I can assure you that I am not interested young boys so your "fact" is bullcrap
Tavolta is religiously confused...he knows little about homosexuals or homo sapiens.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:23 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
It's a halfway measure. The next step, allowing gay leaders, is inevitable and 100% correct. It's only a matter of time.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:42 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

I don't understand why some are so anxious to belong to an organization who does not want them in - other than the obvious political agenda to undermine and reshape society to their world view.
Well, obviously the majority of leaders in the BSA did want gay scouts in because they voted (61%) to let them in. Remember, it was leaders within the BSA organization itself that changed the policy, not the Human Rights Campaign, the NRA, the Make A Wish Foundation, the B'nai B'rith, or the Sierra Club.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
I think it is best if the organiztion splits into two separate units: gay scouts, and straight scouts. If they do not, they will see a massive exodus, because faith based groups sponsor 70 percent of Boy Scout troops in the country.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:26 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's a halfway measure. The next step, allowing gay leaders, is inevitable and 100% correct. It's only a matter of time.
Lotsa boys will feel that they have to be gay to be "accepted".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies