Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times

Advertisements

The Boy Scouts have been pushed into changing who they are and will just fade away. Sure, it will have some people join it, but it is no longer what it was to millions of boys and their fathers over the last 100 years. I have nothing against gay people but I don't agree with their lifestyle and think this is just another push to normalize gay behavior. So be it. Next will be an attack by the gay community via the state on churches or any other private group that does not embrace the gay lifestyle or endorse it.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Then your logic could be applied to pedophiles in that they're attracted to children. Should they stand up and scream "I Love Children and Am Proud of It! Accept me!!!" Or arsonists screaming "I Love Setting Things on Fire Because I Was Born This Way! Embrace Me!" Or do we seek to adjust their behavior through therapy, and that failing, remove them from interaction with general society, but in any case we do not accept or encourage them to act on their impulses.

Your argument fails.
The difference is that unlike paedophiles (who are usually strait in orientation, by the way), homosexuals are both consenting adults. And unlike arsonists no harm crime is being commited and no harm is being done to anyone else.

Quote:
Don't like it? Build something better.
We are. A world where biggoted thoughts like yours are seen for the evil that they are.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Because there is no purpose to having gay sex, what does it achieve

No baby can result therefore no point
Hahahaha...........

So, all those (many) thousands of times I've had sex in my lifetime that didn't result in a pregnancy were "pointless?"

I mean, I admit there were a few times (and men) that weren't so great, but for the most part, I thought sex was pretty darn fun - and that was the point.

The only times that mattered were the six times I got pregnant?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,846 times
Quote:

It achieves pleasure, which is the same reason that 99.9% of strait sex is had. It is pleasurable. Take your backwards, biggoted, evil views back to the 15th century thank you very much.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
I have nothing against gay people but I don't agree with their lifestyle and think this is just another push to normalize gay behavior...
*sigh*

"Gay behavior" IS normal.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why? Scouting is a private organization which is free to set it's own rules for membership. One of those rules has (up to now) stated that homosexuality is in conflict to the moral code of the organization; thus homosexuals are precluded from membership. The USSC has affirmed this by the right of association. The young man declared himself to be homosexual, and was ejected. He knew that his claim of homosexuality would have repercussions and yet he chose to make it anyhow, perhaps to make a political challenge. He lost. Life's Lesson: Choices have consequences.

If homosexuals don't like the rules, why join such an organization? I doubt many 11 year olds are claiming to be homosexual, so it falls that adults are pushing this agenda for inclusion - a political agenda to normalize the condition and force acceptance.
I do not disagree with what you said as far as private organizations having the right to discriminate against this group or that group.

Things are not cut and dry, nor black and white. Are you not aware that many members and leaders within the Boy Scout organization having been pushing for a change for years now?

Did it occur to you that society has changed, attitudes have changed, and in organizations policies change?

The fact is the Boy Scouts of America has been losing members for years now. It is diminishing in importance and stature in the US. Because of it's policy of discriminating against gay boys the organization has lost funding and support.

Here in Philadelphia the Cradle Of Liberty Boy Scout Council is packing up it's bags and vacating a beautiful marble building on Benjamin Franklin Parkway that the city of Philadelphia owned and rented to them for $1 a year because the Scouts organization was in direct conflict with the city and county anti-discrimination laws that forbade subsidies to businesses or organizations that violate those laws.

Sure, private organizations do have the right to discriminate, whether they are Daughters of the American Revolution, the United Daughters of the Confederacy, the Knights of Columbus - whatever ... but that does not give them a right to enjoy perks and privileges that include government financial support and some sort of special status.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Didn't Jesus kiss other men????
Only before he ****ed them.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I do not disagree with what you said as far as private organizations having the right to discriminate against this group or that group.

Things are not cut and dry, nor black and white. Are you not aware that many members and leaders within the Boy Scout organization having been pushing for a change for years now?

Did it occur to you that society has changed, attitudes have changed, and in organizations policies change?

The fact is the Boy Scouts of America has been losing members for years now. It is diminishing in importance and stature in the US. Because of it's policy of discriminating against gay boys the organization has lost funding and support.

Here in Philadelphia the Cradle Of Liberty Boy Scout Council is packing up it's bags and vacating a beautiful marble building on Benjamin Franklin Parkway that the city of Philadelphia owned and rented to them for $1 a year because the Scouts organization was in direct conflict with the city and county anti-discrimination laws that forbade subsidies to businesses or organizations that violate those laws.

Sure, private organizations do have the right to discriminate, whether they are Daughters of the American Revolution, the United Daughters of the Confederacy, the Knights of Columbus - whatever ... but that does not give them a right to enjoy perks and privileges that include government financial support and some sort of special status.
Great post! It's also worth adding that many of the charter organizations are moving forward too, and their philosophies no longer match the boy scouts policies of exclusion. Notably the 2 largest charter organizations the LDS church and the Methodist church. The Methodist church who charter my son's troop stated they will no longer charter a troop that is discriminatory or exclusive. So it's not correct to say the pressure only came from the gay community. It came from many scouts and their families within scouting, and from many of the chrches who charter troops.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:07 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:

I will name probably the number one reason most straight people have sex, it feels good and results in an orgasm. Or have you not had one of those yet? Do you plan on having a baby every single time you have sex with your wife or spouse? Is procreation the only reason you have sex? Shall I word the question differently for you? Like, why do you have sex? Maybe you should abstain from internet sex, we know the kind you keep watching, your obsession!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:20 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:

The let it die with dignity and be remembered fondly by those of us who valued what it had to offer us and help us grow into real men. No reason to burn it to the ground now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies