Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please note the Food Stamps program provides a subsidized market for American agricultural products. Actually feeding people is secondary to the government gift to Big Ag. These advertisements are designed to keep Big Ag over supplying without cutting prices and profits. Why do you think the program is run by the Dept. of Agriculture? This is a prime example of existing profitable business sucking profits from the federal teat.
Big Ag is corporate farming.

Big Ag and the chemicals companies are financial backers of the tea party movement. They have invested a lot of money into making sure the masses keep their focus on the likes of the Obama phone lady despite, free phones have been around for decades and are not funded with federal money. Of course certain providers/carriers have benefitted from the free phones but don't you worry your pretty little head bout that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,393,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
No, you just deny they exist. Osama bin Laden is dead and Al-Quaeda is on the run. During he 2012 election Al-quaed is decimated according to Obama.
"Decimated" means one-tenth of it has been eliminated. In actuality, that percentage, at least of top leadership, is underestimated.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Why are we unaware of the fact that our government is spending our tax dollars in this fashion? The campaign was on the down low, mentioned rarely in public agency materials. Gee, I wonder why Congress and the Dept. of Agriculture felt the need for such clandestineness. Perhaps they intuited that we Americans would wonder why our tax dollars are being used to promote food stamps to foreigners when we are losing our homes and our jobs and our national deficit is 16 trillion times the size of Kanye West's ego.
They protect and sustain the lobbies that feed them. It's about as bipartisan as it gets.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think the riots in Sweden are caused by an uncrossable cultural chasm. The Swedish, and the rest of the Nordic countries and Great Britain, should return the immigrants to whatever Muslim Hell they came from and limit immigration to Christians from former Soviet bloc countries.

We should also limit immigration of Muslims, except women escaping oppression, into this country.
Why assume those rioting in Sweden, right now, are Muslims?

Old 05-24-2013, 12:37 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Except that one, they are white. Two, almost all of them are NOT Muslim. The OP tried to equate Muslim immigration to the UK as the same thing to here, which is not what is happening. You will not see our Mexican and eastern European illegals torch cars, houses, businesses, or hack innocent people to death with machetes.
Naah over here we don need no stink'n immigrants to do that stuff, we got home grown's that'll do that grunt work for us.

Wasn't there an org out there burning dealership lots full of luxury cars just a while back?

Didn't some home grown's haul a truck driver out of his cab and beat him near to death with bricks during a riot in California over cops beating someone somewhere.

Oh I know; how about the crack head who ATE the face off of another crack head? mmmmmm?

Methinks there's enough home grown's pulling that chit over here without casting a supposedly superior eye at Europe due to their immigration policies.

Sheesh, people living in glass houses .............!

Old 05-24-2013, 12:39 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I guess you have never lived outside the US. US citizens register with the US embassy in the country they are living in. When there is an alert, the US embassy in that country notifies US citizens via email or text message. This is normal procedure for every country. More than likely Brits and other expats who live in Sweden were also sent alerts.
You're correct.
I had to register with the embassy in all countries that I'm currently visiting in the Balkans.
I also get warned at work in Germany, where I currently live.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:52 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
The following poem is connected to the Statue of Liberty, and it symbolizes the American spirit.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

You republicans don't talk like Americans, you talk like Nazis/Adolf Hitler.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 PM

382 posts, read 588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The following poem is connected to the statue of liberty, and it symbolizes the American spirit.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

You republicans don't talk like Americans, you talk like Adolf Hitler following Nazis.
I never read that in the constitution, Here is a poem,
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were -- I have not seen
As others saw -- I could not bring
My passions from a common spring --
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow -- I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone --
And all I lov'd -- I lov'd alone --
Then -- in my childhood -- in the dawn
Of a most stormy life -- was drawn
From ev'ry depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still --
From the torrent, or the fountain --
From the red cliff of the mountain --
From the sun that 'round me roll'd
In its autumn tint of gold --
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass'd me flying by --
From the thunder, and the storm --
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view --

Old 05-24-2013, 01:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
I hate everybody.
That comes through loud and clear. You're a real prince.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:08 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
If liberals want America to be more like Europe, then they should all just move to Europe. Problem solved.

This is America, not Europe.
Exactly, this is America. If conservatives want America to be more like Somalia, they should all just move to Somalia. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies