Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:08 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry, but the only thing Mexicans have done, and will continue to only do, to ruffle your feathers is to speak Spanish. There aren't hoards of Muslims pouring over the border here, so don't worry your little head.
Wrong, they are coming here for a free ride because there are not jobs and Democrats are encouraging it to increase democratic voter rolls. That is just as bad.

Democrats support advertising in Mexico for food stamps
Exposed recently, the program is called “The Mexico-U.S. Partnership for Nutrition Assistance Initiative.” This taxpayer funded federal program actually advertises in Mexico informing some Mexicans that they are eligible to apply for receive benefits under the U.S. Federal Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Please note the Food Stamps program provides a subsidized market for American agricultural products. Actually feeding people is secondary to the government gift to Big Ag. These advertisements are designed to keep Big Ag over supplying without cutting prices and profits. Why do you think the program is run by the Dept. of Agriculture? This is a prime example of existing profitable business sucking profits from the federal teat.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
If Mexicans are coming here for a free ride
Why are democrats advertising Food Stamps in Mexico????

Democrats support advertising in Mexico for food stamps?

U.S. Government Spends Your Tax Dollars Advertising Food Stamps In Mexico
Why are we unaware of the fact that our government is spending our tax dollars in this fashion? The campaign was on the down low, mentioned rarely in public agency materials. Gee, I wonder why Congress and the Dept. of Agriculture felt the need for such clandestineness. Perhaps they intuited that we Americans would wonder why our tax dollars are being used to promote food stamps to foreigners when we are losing our homes and our jobs and our national deficit is 16 trillion times the size of Kanye West's ego.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 AM

3,402 posts, read 2,788,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
People are not coming to the U.S. for jobs because there are no jobs. They are coming for a free ride.
While that may be true is certain areas and within certain employment fields, it isn't universal. My company has been hiring for our office here in SE Michigan, and cannot find enough qualified individuals. Our entire research team ( 7 pHDs), has green cards or H1Bs. In fact over half of our office is immigrants. why? Because they are the qualified people who are willing to come to MI. We have lots of jobs, probably grown our branch by 50% in the last 2 years, and we are still expanding.

I am going back to school for my masters degree, and probably 2/3 of the graduate students are not American. How can a company like mine hire domestically if Americans are not interested in getting the education and skills needed to do the job? My company has a pretty specific skill set needed, so we hire qualified people no matter where they are from.

The guys from my office are not here for a free ride. They are highly skilled, highly educated professionals. So are most of the internationals in our area. Not all immigrants fall in this category, but to try to paint all immigrants as leeches who want to live off welfare is not only bigoted, it is just plain not true.

-NoCapo

Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Wrong, they are coming here for a free ride because there are not jobs and Democrats are encouraging it to increase democratic voter rolls. That is just as bad.

Democrats support advertising in Mexico for food stamps
Exposed recently, the program is called “The Mexico-U.S. Partnership for Nutrition Assistance Initiative.” This taxpayer funded federal program actually advertises in Mexico informing some Mexicans that they are eligible to apply for receive benefits under the U.S. Federal Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps.
Care to address the first part of my post, specifically addressed to you? I'll ask again. Why aren't they moving to my state by the millions, being that my state has one of the most generous welfare provisions in the entire country, in addition to the states in New England? Why are they all mostly moving to states that have more barebones provisions in welfare? Please answer my question, thanks.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Illegals have no right to seek a redress for their "grievances".
Nope. Not if you're here illegally in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
If liberals want America to be more like Europe, then they should all just move to Europe. Problem solved.

This is America, not Europe.

I agree.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Care to address the first part of my post, specifically addressed to you? I'll ask again. Why aren't they moving to my state by the millions, being that my state has one of the most generous welfare provisions in the entire country, in addition to the states in New England? Why are they all mostly moving to states that have more barebones provisions in welfare? Please answer my question, thanks.
Why are we unaware of the fact that our government is spending our tax dollars in this fashion? The campaign was on the down low, mentioned rarely in public agency materials. Gee, I wonder why Congress and the Dept. of Agriculture felt the need for such clandestineness. Perhaps they intuited that we Americans would wonder why our tax dollars are being used to promote food stamps to foreigners when we are losing our homes and our jobs and our national deficit is 16 trillion times the size of Kanye West's ego.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:14 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
The hilarious irony of it all is that red states are the ones who are the top welfare states in the country and put back into the system way less than they take. Using their own hillbilly logic, we should build a wall that cuts off Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia and Florida from the rest of the country so we dont come to blue states looking for the same free ride they are getting in their red
states ?

Before building the wall around Florida, give me a heads up, so I can get the hell out.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I think the riots in Sweden are caused by an uncrossable cultural chasm. The Swedish, and the rest of the Nordic countries and Great Britain, should return the immigrants to whatever Muslim Hell they came from and limit immigration to Christians from former Soviet bloc countries.

We should also limit immigration of Muslims, except women escaping oppression, into this country.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:15 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Sweden riots: Cops seek reinforcements, US citizens warned - World News

US warned as Sweden riot rage. You keep wanting to open the door to all these scum immigrants. Do you realize that if their country does not want them what kind of people are they? Your bleeding hearts will kill us all.

I am more of a libertarian, if you want to sit on your couch and smoke pot all day and shoot crack, knock your self out. If you want to wear burlap cloths, ride a bike to work and spend 20 dollars for a head of organic lettuce its your life. But when you liberals make decisions that affect others lives then is when I say no.

You don't like it....leave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies