Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,776,700 times

Advertisements

So when you control all of those variables and execute a study showing data to back up your speculative BS let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
States are rated blue or red by how they vote in total, county by county. States do receive benefits. They get money from the fed to build roads, for unemployment, medial care for the poor and a million other things. Some states get more back than the state pays into the fed, through payroll taxes, gas tax what ever the state pays in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,931,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
If liberals want America to be more like Europe, then they should all just move to Europe. Problem solved.

This is America, not Europe.
As a liberal here is my answer:

I want the United States of America to be more like the United States of America.

Conservatives, I think, want the USA to be more like the Confederate States of America (CSA).

I think they should try secession again and maybe - with my blessing! - they will be successful this time.

Problem solved.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,778,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Who are "these people" that you speak of?
That would be the people that don't share the same skin color as her or practice the religion that she subscribes to.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,776,700 times
This is a bi partisan screwing of the American worker. You might want to check how your precious Dems vote on the bills for increaasing H1B visas and letting meanial labor in from across the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
exactly. the "job creators" are the ones luring them here. don't blame the liberals once they're already here and we want to treat them humanely.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:50 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That would be the people that don't share the same skin color as her or practice the religion that she subscribes to.
Eeeeeeeewww, such a great loss.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:58 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,509,535 times
Quote:
I like Americans. These people are not Americans, and don't want to be. You don't sound like you want to be either. Maybe you need to go to what ever utopia you think exists somewhere else and leave this country to those who made it great.
You still haven't answered the question I and others have asked you:
Are you an immigrant or a descendent of immigrants, and if so why don't you go back to your homeland?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:59 AM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I consider myself a liberal, but I've witnessed the rapid demographic change of Raleigh, NC and it's disturbing to me. I'm used to seeing a lot of people of Mexican origin in California and I expect that in Texas or Arizona. But to watch the whole character of a south eastern city like Raleigh change in a few short years is upsetting. I don't blame to people who came there, though, I blame the business owners who bypassed the local population so they could have modern day slaves. don't get mad now because these people are setting up roots in the area and taking over whole neighborhoods with strip malls filled with Spanish signs. you righties are to blame, not us.
Righties? Um, illegal immigration has been going on for decades now and that includes during Democrat Administrations also. Both parties looked the other way. However, it is Obama and his coherts who are pushing for them to remain here aka amnesty while 23 million Americans are out of work.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,522 times
Quote:
Sweden riots: Cops seek reinforcements, US citizens warned - World News

US warned as Sweden riot rage. You keep wanting to open the door to all these scum immigrants. Do you realize that if their country does not want them what kind of people are they? Your bleeding hearts will kill us all.

I am more of a libertarian, if you want to sit on your couch and smoke pot all day and shoot crack, knock your self out. If you want to wear burlap cloths, ride a bike to work and spend 20 dollars for a head of organic lettuce its your life. But when you liberals make decisions that affect others lives then is when I say no.
Your post is manipulating. The US was not warned about the riots, US citizens in (Sweden), were warned not to go into areas where the riots were happening.

And unless you're a native American, (you) are a scum immigrant as well.

What immigrants do you consider to be scum ??

Last edited by chad3; 05-24-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM

62,859 posts, read 29,092,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It is also the right (the rich right) that is pushing for immigration reform (amnesty) so the cheap labor can stay here and even more can come. The rich right also opposes education because educated people demand too much and it hurts profits. The victims - the poor right. Ain't life funny sometimes.

When the Colonel says "we do chicken right" he is making a political observation.

What? It is Obama and his coherts that are pushing for CIR aka amnesty not the right. Please provide a link to your assertions that the rich right oppose education.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:09 PM

55 posts, read 40,149 times
Quote:
Sweden riots: Cops seek reinforcements, US citizens warned - World News

US warned as Sweden riot rage. You keep wanting to open the door to all these scum immigrants. Do you realize that if their country does not want them what kind of people are they? Your bleeding hearts will kill us all.

I am more of a libertarian, if you want to sit on your couch and smoke pot all day and shoot crack, knock your self out. If you want to wear burlap cloths, ride a bike to work and spend 20 dollars for a head of organic lettuce its your life. But when you liberals make decisions that affect others lives then is when I say no.
Well said. *clap*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies