Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:39 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
Now why wud i ever come to texas?

tho i dont understand why this shud geet u banned.. ofc i sometimes mods here seems realy fragile..

Tj..
That wasn't directed at you.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
How I figured out that it was not reversible? Are you serious? Last time I checked I haven't heard of anybody who was put to death later come back to life. I would love to hear how you would reverse a death sentence that has been carried out, what am I missing?

I think it's dispacable that a family can watch another murder, but I suppose vengence is supported there. I also understand that you have a different view and we just have to agree to disagree.

No I wasn't being serious, but you can't even seem to figure that out.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to type victim there. I meant to say that the criminal deserved a severe punishment. However, I don't think there is any time where someone should be executed. Now in this situation it sounds like the police officers acted properly since there didn't seem like less force would have been effective. I'm not sure if they had tasers, but that may have been a better option though.
I'm curious: If someone was attacking a family member, would you kill the person doing the attacking?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ummm...it has the most people except for California (Statistics, remember?). More people equals more of almost everything.

I suppose there might be a cultural aspect to it as it is the South and law and order is a serious thing there. But I will let a Texan answer that one.
I wasn't referring to raw numbers, but to the percentages as well since they are not exactly proportional. Since the death penalty was reinstated, there have been 1,099 executions and 405 of those have taken place in Texas. I don't think Texas has 37% of the population. California as comparison has executed 13 people.

I think your point about it being a cultural aspect is more correct. Of all the executions, 901 (82%) have taken place in the South. That can be compared to 4 here in the Northeast.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to type victim there. I meant to say that the criminal deserved a severe punishment. However, I don't think there is any time where someone should be executed. Now in this situation it sounds like the police officers acted properly since there didn't seem like less force would have been effective. I'm not sure if they had tasers, but that may have been a better option though.
You're so liberal you don't ever give up...Tasers to stop a murder....now that's...never mind....

Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
No I wasn't being serious, but you can't even seem to figure that out.
Sarcasm is hard to understand I know I assume you don't have any concerns about it being an irreversible penalty?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
You're so liberal you don't ever give up...Tasers to stop a murder....now that's...never mind....
Tasers seem to be effective, they neutralize the criminal instantly and then the due process can take place.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I'm curious: If someone was attacking a family member, would you kill the person doing the attacking?
Not if I had other means of stopping them.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Not if I had other means of stopping them.
You have a gun in your hand. The victim is being beaten to death. You are their only hope. The only means you have is that gun in your hand -

Will you pull the trigger?

Old 11-21-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Help me here...What was that liberals name that was running against Bush the 1st ? I remember him being asked if his wife was raped and murdered whould he then be in favor of the death penalty and he said no..

I'm begining to think that's who Stockholmaren is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies