Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:52 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
That`s true but 20 years ago the crack epedemic was at it`s peak.How do we compare with Canada,Japan,UK,Australia,etc.?

So you agree that gun violence is unrelated to legal gun ownership and gang bangers and crack dealers won't obey gun laws anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How come you won't answer the question of "you are calling people gun nuts" and not calling that immature?
I did. Post #67.

Quote:
The only thing that is being proven, is that you have no clue that you are even being mocked.....
What is there to indicate that? I know I'm being mocked, just as well as I know I've been mocking you guys.

And thanks for the corrections. I have certainly made my fair share of mistakes. Never claimed I was perfect, and the idea that I think I'm better than other people is something you came up with all on your own. Of course, the mistakes I've made pale in comparison to the flaws in spelling, capitalization, logic, and maturity level throughout this thread on the part of, yes, "gun nuts". You'll never admit that, naturally. But it doesn't keep it from being true

What is there to do with this thread besides entertain oneself? The point of the OP is one that no one's even arguing in the first place. Why not post a thread about how the planet Earth exists while we're at it?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:19 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I did. Post #67.
Ahh, so it's o.k. as long it is true, but when you make the same mistakes you are complaining about, well, you are evolving....how pathetic is that...

Quote:
If it's correct, sure. And at the time of posting, not more than 5 posts into the thread as you yourself pointed out, we had read from:

One person who felt the need to convince people that having a gun can help protect you by posting a thread about it in which their ability to spell the word "attack" appears to be turning on and off like a light switch.

And another person who assumed someone who tried to rob them had illegal immigrant mothers because they personally believe they could pinpoint their accent as that of a foreign nation (How one necessarily means the other is beyond me).

And then there was this interesting little contribution of your own:

Who laughs that loud and that long and then hits themselves on the forehead, if not a nut?

Quote:
What is there to indicate that? I know I'm being mocked, just as well as I know I've been mocking you guys.
What is there to indicate that? All the mIsSpeLliInGs that went your way, and then you continued to call them out...LOL...yea, you had NO clue you were being mocked.

Quote:
And thanks for the corrections. I have certainly made my fair share of mistakes. Never claimed I was perfect, and the idea that I think I'm better than other people is something you came up with all on your own. Of course, the mistakes I've made pale in comparison to the flaws in spelling, capitalization, logic, and maturity level throughout this thread on the part of, yes, "gun nuts". You'll never admit that, naturally. But it doesn't keep it from being true
You started that in you very fist posting, otherwise you would have never stated what you did.

A mistake in grammar/English is a mistake, you are even so high on your horse, that is the very paragraph above, you say it's o.k. for you to make mistakes, while other it's not....pretty sad...a mistake is a mistake, when you are complaining about mistakes.

Oh no, you see, I do admit that, but I also know this is just a board and sometimes people are in a hurry to write, whether it's on a phone, tablet or a computer, and this is where you have failed and lost the argument, which is why you had NO argument from your very first posting in this thread.

Quote:
What is there to do with this thread besides entertain oneself? The point of the OP is one that no one's even arguing in the first place. Why not post a thread about how the planet Earth exists while we're at it?
Well, you can discuss them, instead of insult people such as you did in your first posting of this thread.

Better yet, if you're just going to insult people why not just go post in that other thread and leave this thread alone....

But you would rather insult, as you have proven...

Below is your first post................

Quote:
...Why do gun nuts struggle with capitalization and spelling?
Quote:
If it's correct, sure. And at the time of posting, not more than 5 posts into the thread as you yourself pointed out, we had read from:

One person who felt the need to convince people that having a gun can help protect you by posting a thread about it in which their ability to spell the word "attack" appears to be turning on and off like a light switch.

And another person who assumed someone who tried to rob them had illegal immigrant mothers because they personally believe they could pinpoint their accent as that of a foreign nation (How one necessarily means the other is beyond me).

And then there was this interesting little contribution of your own:

Who laughs that loud and that long and then hits themselves on the forehead, if not a nut?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Ahh, so it's o.k. as long it is true, but when you make the same mistakes you are complaining about, well, you are evolving....how pathetic is that.........
There is a difference between a few spelling errors and spelling errors that make up a high percentage of what you say, just as there is a difference between one or two capitalization/grammar mistakes and your entire post without capitalization.

Quote:
What is there to indicate that? All the mIsSpeLliInGs that went your way, and then you continued to call them out...LOL...yea, you had NO clue you were being mocked.
What post(s) are you even talking about? Most of what I "called out" after the first controversial remark was blatant immaturity and nothing to even back it up.

Quote:
A mistake in grammar/English is a mistake, you are even so high on your horse, that is the very paragraph above, you say it's o.k. for you to make mistakes, while other it's not....pretty sad...a mistake is a mistake, when you are complaining about mistakes.
I didn't say it was "OK" that I made mistakes too. In fact, I thanked you for pointing them out, although I disagree with the concept of these mistakes giving us equal footing in any way. There are degrees and propensities to consider, once more.

Quote:
Well, you can discuss them...
Again, discuss what? This thread was a joke at its very conception. What more is there to say to "Looks like a gun can help..." than "Well, of course." You should be thanking me for giving some life to this thread, not complaining because it wasn't a dull wall of "Yep"s that would've just been buried by threads with meaning.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
There is a difference between a few spelling errors and spelling errors that make up a high percentage of what you say, just as there is a difference between one or two capitalization/grammar mistakes and your entire post without capitalization.
When you are talking about how bad people are, then do it yourself, no matter how little or how many, that does not make a difference. If your wrong you are wrong you are wrong, it's kinda like "maybe being pregnant" you are or your not. You called people out because you thought you were better than them, while making the same mistakes as them....

Quote:
What post(s) are you even talking about? Most of what I "called out" after the first controversial remark was blatant immaturity and nothing to even back it up.
Post 73 below....Nope...you never continued to call people out in their mistakes...now did you....

Quote:
Wow. You can't find that first one in a span of five posts? You're making this easier by the minute, you know that? The misspelling of "attack" is in the OP (again, wow). And the conversation ensuing dadeguy's first post here made just as little sense as the first post itself. In post #43, he says he himself is Hispanic and that he can know a person's place of origin by their accent and such. That's all fine and good. But of course, it still doesn't explain the assumption that some Hispanics who tried to rob him had illegal immigrant mothers.

And another one proves me right, about gun nuts and maturity level.

Of course, you misspelled "assailants", "woman" and "fights" as well. But no matter.

If you read my comment in full, you'd have realized I pointed first to the concept of making a thread to prove to people that guns can help in self defense. What sane person would argue that, and what sane person would imagine that someone is?

And with yet more validation of my claims here on this thread (Once more, you people are making this far too easy for me)...

Quote:
I didn't say it was "OK" that I made mistakes too. In fact, I thanked you for pointing them out, although I disagree with the concept of these mistakes giving us equal footing in any way. There are degrees and propensities to consider, once more.
Again, it's o.k. for you to call someone out, while doing the same thing...you're pregnant or not, their is no in between....

Quote:
Again, discuss what? This thread was a joke at its very conception. What more is there to say to "Looks like a gun can help..." than "Well, of course." You should be thanking me for giving some life to this thread, not complaining because it wasn't a dull wall of "Yep"s that would've just been buried by threads with meaning.
Here is another example of you calling me out earlier for not posting you're entire postings, yet you turn right around and do it to me....

Why would you only post a portion of my quote? Now, lets go back and look at the entire quote (you know as you suggested to me earlier)

Quote:
Well, you can discuss them, instead of insult people such as you did in your first posting of this thread.
Discuss the OP, not insult them....see how you cherry picked that little sentence to make yourself look better than others....

Have a great day, your a loser....with nothing to do any more than correct people while doing the exact same thing....

Old 05-27-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
When you are talking about how bad people are, then do it yourself, no matter how little or how many, that does not make a difference. If your wrong you are wrong you are wrong, it's kinda like "maybe being pregnant" you are or your not.
Nonsense. Frequency most certainly does make a difference. I don't care to keep arguing this point with you, however. So I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
You called people out because you thought you were better than them,
Only in your mind does critique = arrogance. Are you now saying that you are "better than" me, because you criticized a few mistakes in spelling/grammar on my part in return? That would make you guilty of doing the same thing as the person you're criticizing, would it not? Enough with the non sequiturs; if critique offends you and your circle, that's all you have to say.

Quote:
Post 73 below....Nope...you never continued to call people out in their mistakes...now did you....
I never denied continuing to point out spelling errors; I said that most of what I pointed out was blatant immaturity, and most of it was.

Quote:
Here is another example of you calling me out earlier for not posting you're entire postings, yet you turn right around and do it to me....

Why would you only post a portion of my quote? Now, lets go back and look at the entire quote (you know as you suggested to me earlier)

Discuss the OP, not insult them....see how you cherry picked that little sentence to make yourself look better than others.....
You really have comprehension problems, you know that? I cut you off in that quote specifically because the suggestion to "discuss the OP" itself was ridiculous, considering what the point of the OP was in the first place. I could care less who knows I "insulted" you and the others. I posted it out in public, didn't I? Really, all I did was ask a question about how regularly poor spelling and lack of capitalization seems to correlate with "gun nut" mentalities on this thread. And in addition to validating my claim, some of you opted to make it clear that immaturity and personal insults correlate with your views as well.

Quote:
Have a great day, your a loser....
Okie doke... You know, you've been making errors with "your" and "you're" lately, in addition to using too many periods in your ellipses...

Old 05-27-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. Frequency most certainly does make a difference. I don't care to keep arguing this point with you, however. So I'll just leave it at that.

Only in your mind does critique = arrogance. Are you now saying that you are "better than" me, because you criticized a few mistakes in spelling/grammar on my part in return? That would make you guilty of doing the same thing as the person you're criticizing, would it not? Enough with the non sequiturs; if critique offends you and your circle, that's all you have to say.

I never denied continuing to point out spelling errors; I said that most of what I pointed out was blatant immaturity, and most of it was.

You really have comprehension problems, you know that? I cut you off in that quote specifically because the suggestion to "discuss the OP" itself was ridiculous, considering what the point of the OP was in the first place. I could care less who knows I "insulted" you and the others. I posted it out in public, didn't I? Really, all I did was ask a question about how regularly poor spelling and lack of capitalization seems to correlate with "gun nut" mentalities on this thread. And in addition to validating my claim, some of you opted to make it clear that immaturity and personal insults correlate with your views as well.

Okie doke... You know, you've been making errors with "your" and "you're" lately, in addition to using too many periods in your ellipses...
Basically, what you are saying is:

It's o.k. for me because I acknowledge my faults and even though I make mistakes, it's o.k., but when others do it they are immature gun nuts.............................................. .......
.................................................. .............

O.K. for me and not for thee.........leftist mantra....

Old 05-27-2013, 01:30 PM

Why do you keep insisting that I'm "leftist"? Does it help you in some way?

Quote:
Basically, what you are saying is:

It's o.k. for me because I acknowledge my faults and even though I make mistakes, it's o.k., but when others do it they are immature gun nuts.
Have any of you acknowledged your faults yet? Or have you all responded with immaturity and more spelling, capitalization, and grammar errors? The latter. And that alone makes my point, about immaturity and your ilk.

And I thought you wished me a great day...

Old 05-27-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Why do you keep insisting that I'm "leftist"? Does it help you in some way?

Have any of you acknowledged your faults yet? Or have you all responded with immaturity and more spelling, capitalization, and grammar errors? The latter. And that alone makes my point, about immaturity and your ilk.

And I thought you wished me a great day...

Plans feel through...

You were immature from your very first posting, which just lead us people who like guns to ridicule you and you went for it.

If you will go back and read, I said very clearly stated in post 83 that I do acknowledge that people make mistakes, but I don't call them out, such as you do. However, I understand that sometimes people are typing quick, or have auto correct on their phones, so I really don't care as long as their points are there, no matter what or how the spelling.

But I still cannot figure out, why you're going to call someone out, when you also make those same mistakes? Frequency does not matter, remember the "kinda pregnant" you are or your not.

Oh, you are a leftist, no doubt.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Plans feel through...

You were immature from your very first posting, which just lead us people who like guns to ridicule you and you went for it.
If you're hoping to gain the upper hand by talking of who was "immature" first, good luck. I already pointed out who was being immature before my question about how poor spelling and capitalization seem to correlate with you "people who like guns".

And the only thing I went for was the ability to challenge such faulty logic and lack of immaturity as what's been posted by the majority of gun nuts here so far.

Quote:
If you will go back and read, I said very clearly stated in post 83 that I do acknowledge that people make mistakes, but I don't call them out, such as you do. However, I understand that sometimes people are typing quick, or have auto correct on their phones, so I really don't care as long as their points are there, no matter what or how the spelling.
Exactly, you made excuses. You didn't acknowledge any of your errors as I did. Acknowledging that "people make mistakes" is not the same as saying "Yes, I should work on my typing/posting, etc."

Quote:
But I still cannot figure out, why you're going to call someone out, when you also make those same mistakes? Frequency does not matter, remember the "kinda pregnant" you are or your not.
That was your own ridiculous analogy, no one else's. The amount of mistakes you make in the presentation of your opinion certainly does matter. That you'd like to think anyone who's less than perfect is on the same level as those who can't go one post without making embarrassing errors in spelling, capitalization, or grammar doesn't make it so.

Quote:
Oh, you are a leftist, no doubt.
Tell me one thing I've said that qualifies me as either a liberal or Democrat, not a moderate. Go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies