Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pouring rain?

Oh, the drama.

P.S. It wasn't pouring rain.
Serino: OK, real suspicious guy.
Zimmerman: Mm hum
Serino: OK, one more time, why suspicious?
Zimmerman: Ah, it was raining and he was looking into the houses, looking behind, looking at me. He wasn’t walking quickly to get out of the rain. Didn’t look like he was, like, trying to head home. He didn’t look like a hard-core athlete that wanted to, like, train in the rain or anything. And he just looked out of place.
Serino: OK.
(plays tape 0:07 to 0:21)
Serino: On drugs why?
Zimmerman: Oh, cause he just kept looking around, looking behind him, looking, just kept shifting where he was looking.

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1079

Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
It would certainly make sense that a young male, who had just turned 17, might be immature. Actually, I think it would be very reasonable that a 16, just-turned-17, young male would in most cases be somewhat immature.

What excuses for immature behavior did the 28-year-old carrying a gun have or his immaturity? IMO, his problem was not so much immaturity as it was IMPULSE CONTROL. LOTS of people in prison because they have serious impulse control issues/problems and therefore do things which most of us consider very stupid.
This. ^^^^

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What excuses for immature behavior did the 28-year-old carrying a gun have or his immaturity? IMO, his problem was not so much immaturity as it was IMPULSE CONTROL. LOTS of people in prison because they have serious impulse control issues/problems and therefore do things which most of us consider very stupid.
Nah - Zimmerman was "working" with/against the police for it to be "impulse".

Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Zimmermans' reenactment for police:

PART ONE

PART TWO

Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
So . . . You're saying you believe what Zimmerman has so far told the police?
That's not what I ever said. I do say the recitation that I responded to of how you say it went down is bad fiction.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Mutual pushing and shoving, mutual restraining orders granted. It's not like he punched her in the nose, pinned her to the ground, and drew blood.
Shush, you're ruining it, he's a wiiiiffffeee beater. Don't you know you never,ever,ever touch a woman? Not a wife beater if the both were involved, actually sounds like a typical weekend on Cops or in some trailer parks I've been around.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,428 times
Interesting...

New evidence: George Zimmerman applied to be a cop but was turned down - OrlandoSentinel.com

Quote:
Prosecutors have filed paperwork revealing that murder defendant George Zimmerman applied to become a police officer in a county near Washington, D.C. but was turned down.His application and rejection letter are among the latest pieces of evidence the state has notified defense attorneys they may use at Zimmerman's trial, which begins Monday.
Quote:
He was a student at Seminole State College, about to complete a two-year degree in criminal justice, at the time of the shooting.

He also took part in a citizens' academy, a program sponsored by the Seminole County Sheriff's Office that allows people to become more familiar with police work.

On his 2008 application to join that program, he wrote, "I hold law enforcement officers in the highest regard as I hope to one day become one."

The new evidence list includes information that Zimmerman trained at a Longwood gym that specializes in boxing and kickboxing.
A webpage for the business, Kokopelli's Gym, describes it as "the most complete fight gym in the world."
Couldn't be a real cop, so he appointed himself one and Trayvon died for it.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:05 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
That's not what I ever said. I do say the recitation that I responded to of how you say it went down is bad fiction.
No fiction - Reasonable scenario.

But, of course, not reasonable to Zimmerman's story.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Serino: OK, real suspicious guy.
Zimmerman: Mm hum
Serino: OK, one more time, why suspicious?
Zimmerman: Ah, it was raining and he was looking into the houses, looking behind, looking at me. He wasn’t walking quickly to get out of the rain. Didn’t look like he was, like, trying to head home. He didn’t look like a hard-core athlete that wanted to, like, train in the rain or anything. And he just looked out of place.
Serino: OK.
(plays tape 0:07 to 0:21)
Serino: On drugs why?
Zimmerman: Oh, cause he just kept looking around, looking behind him, looking, just kept shifting where he was looking.

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1079
Huh, imagine that!
Exactly what cops do and would think, see someone out of place acting strange or suspicious. I'd guess they'd say "gee wiz, must be out for skittles and on his way home, we'll go stop that old lady in a wheel chair".
No, their radar would go off and most likely they'd stop whomever it was to see what's going on then T.M. would get one on the ground and bounce his head off of it and the cop would do what do you think?

On another note, was out walking my rather large Shepard the other night and saw a house with the back window shattered out. This house is a foreclosure so it's empty and we've had a bit of appliance theft in the area lately. So, I walk around front (streets on both front and back) and there's an old beater in the driveway (supposed to be empty) so I call 911 and leave as I'm not carrying at the time. I go around to the back of the house as that street leads to home and the dispatcher answers. I explain what I see and she asks for me to describe the car. I do so. She asks if I have the license number (didn't stick around long enough to memorize it) and I say no. She asks if I'm still near the house and can I get it.
Not flipping hardly, as thoughts of this thread flow through my thoughts. If something happens and the jury is made up of any of several on this thread I'd be drawn and quartered before I finished the repeating the license number.

I did what I was supposed to do and "I" was being asked to get a license number? In todays leave and let leave atmosphere?
Nope, no longer responsible for anyone but MY house and MY family.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Interesting...

New evidence: George Zimmerman applied to be a cop but was turned down - OrlandoSentinel.com

Couldn't be a real cop, so he appointed himself one and Trayvon died for it.
Or, he had enough experience to spot someone's actions as out of place and over estimated his fighting skills which is something that happens at many bars every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies