Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:00 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He carried it in a belt/waistband concealed holster on his right hand side. George claims that Trayvon saw it and went for it, that's the main reason he drew and shot the punk.
That's not plausible. If someone is on top of you and going for your gun they are at an advantage for numerous reasons. They have a head start and have leverage against you. If this was really the case, Martin would have grabbed the gun first or at the very least he would have struggled with Zimmerman over th gun.

Was Zimmerman that fast that he could get to his gun quicker than Martin when Martin had a head start??? So fast that Martin didnt even have a chance to touch the gun or grab his arm?

Doesn't add up.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
In the real world I typically only have conversations with people who speak and understand the English language fluently.
Are you capable of directly answering questions which are put to you?

Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
That's not plausible. If someone is on top of you and going for your gun they are at an advantage for numerous reasons. They have a head start and have leverage against you. If this was really the case, Martin would have grabbed the gun first or at the very least he would have struggled with Zimmerman over th gun.

Was Zimmerman that fast that he could get to his gun quicker than Martin when Martin had a head start??? So fast that Martin didnt even have a chance to touch the gun or grab his arm?

Doesn't add up.
Amen!!

Old 05-26-2013, 12:03 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
Quote:
He carried it in a belt/waistband concealed holster on his right hand side. George claims that Trayvon saw it and went for it, that's the main reason he drew and shot the punk.
Even there he's all mixed up. From the 02/29 police interview transcript:

"Serino: Um…your holster. What kind of holster do you have?
Zimmerman: Um, it’s just one I bought at a gun show, like a nylon in a waistband…
Serino: Like an Uncle Mikes? With a…
Zimmerman: Kind of, yes, sir.
Serino: With a, with a nylon retainer.
Zimmerman: It did not have a retainer.
Serino: So it’s an, an unsecure holster basically?
Zimmerman: Yes, sir.
Serino: OK. No locking mechanism, no safety feature, nothing?
Zimmerman: No, sir.
Serino: It was inside your pants?
Zimmerman: Yes, sir.
Serino: OK. 9mm inside your pants? He was mounted on you, you were able, he was mounted on your upper chest? Or, I mean, at what point were you able to free your waist side to go ahead and pull out your weapon?
Zimmerman: When he…he was mounted on me but he had pressure on my nose and my mouth, suffocating me. And when he let go of my mouth and started reaching down my side, he said, “You’re gonna die tonight.” I didn’t need my hand any more cause he let go of my mouth. I don’t remember if I was still screaming or not. That’s when I grabbed his hand and I grabbed my, my firearm and fired. So it was one side, he let go, that I realized I didn’t need my hand and he was gonna kill me.
Serino: How long did he suffocate you for?
Zimmerman: (sigh) Felt like…
Serino: Seemed like forever, I’m sure.
Zimmerman: Felt like hours, but I don’t…

Serino: Don’t recall. OK. Is it a full-sized 9 or a small 9?
Zimmerman: Compact."

At one point he said he was being punched repeatedly in the face and head. Then he said his head was being banged against the ground. Then he said he was being suffocated for what felt like forever, yet somehow through all this HE is the one yelling for help.

And "you're gonna die tonight." Who talks like that? Who says something like that in a struggle?

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1025

Old 05-26-2013, 12:05 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
look whos callin the kettle

Old 05-26-2013, 12:07 AM

Ok ...lets see someone experience all this in about oh 7-10 seconds of real confrontation including injuries...

ok now lets have replay moment for moment in slow motion with all the thinking with hits to the head and nose...are you guys plum crazy or what..? He saved his life, and if not easily from what was understood at the time.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:09 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Ok ...lets see someone experience all this in about oh 9-10 seconds of real confrontation including injuries...

ok now lets have replay moment for moment in slow motion with all the thinking...are you guys plum crazy or what..?
According to Zimmerman, Trayvon was in slow mo while Zimmerman was lightening fast.

If someone is on top of you and they go for your gun first, chances are they will touch your gun first, not saying you can't wrestle it from them, but they will touch it.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:14 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Only if you're capable of coming up with a question worth answering.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:15 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,340 times
From another police interview. About the suffocating.

"Serino: At what point did he smother you?
Zimmerman: After…
Serino: Was it right before you shot him?
Zimmerman: Right…yes, sir."

Yet, you can hear someone yelling for help right before the gunshot.

George Zimmerman -vs- Trayvon Martin: Complete Transcript, Serino Interview, 2/29/2012, Tape 3

Old 05-26-2013, 12:17 AM

There are no rules of behav in war...that was clearly war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies