Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 08:02 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't know, maybe because Obamacare wasn't in force yet and he had no insurance?
Oh, bullcrap! Wasn't GZ working as an insurance agent???

As a registered nurse who has seen head injuries, including in my own family, GZ sure didn't act like he'd had a beating the likes of which he described.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,397,467 times
So WHERE is the trial/jury selection? HLN advertised a lot that they would be covering/showing the trial, but where is it? Does anyone know?

Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,643,744 times
I remember the day I was in the back of an ambulance in the midst of a heart attack and I didn't want to go. I wasn't in pain, was just nauseous and weak, and couldn't see the point. I was wrong. We went Code 3.

Not everybody wants to run to the doctor or hospital for every little thing. Not everyone is a hypochondriac. I probably wouldn't have gone either. The whole incident probably made him a little shockey. People do and say odd things when something traumatic happens. Getting your head bashed in is not an every day occurrence, nor is having to defend yourself with your weapon.

All the Trayvonistas are so sure what they would have done and said, yet they would likely fold like yesterday's daylily were it them.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:23 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,379,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Why is this murder so special?
It is about using "good intentions" as a pass and cover for murder.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:27 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,379,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I remember the day I was in the back of an ambulance in the midst of a heart attack and I didn't want to go. I wasn't in pain, was just nauseous and weak, and couldn't see the point. I was wrong. We went Code 3.

Not everybody wants to run to the doctor or hospital for every little thing. Not everyone is a hypochondriac. I probably wouldn't have gone either. The whole incident probably made him a little shockey. People do and say odd things when something traumatic happens. Getting your head bashed in is not an every day occurrence, nor is having to defend yourself with your weapon.

All the Trayvonistas are so sure what they would have done and said, yet they would likely fold like yesterday's daylily were it them.
Any white boy in Trayvon's situation would have cell phoned the police during the stalk.

Black boys are taught that the police are not your friends.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

The beating of his life, that put GZ in so much fear he felt he had to kill Trayvon, was "every little thing"? LOL! Nor do the photos, nor GZ's demeanor in the videos I've seen, portray his injuries as severe as what they would have been were he telling the truth about this "beating". And we know GZ has a problem with truth.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:34 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,716,637 times
Someone asked earlier about jury consultants. Here is the info on the one the defense is using:

ROBERT B. HIRSCHHORN of Cathy E. Bennett & Associates, Inc., Lewisville, Texas, is an attorney and a nationally recognized expert in jury and trial consultation. He is a co-author of Blue’s Guide to Jury Selection, which is currently available from Thompson-West Publishing. Mr. Hirschhorn has been a jury consultant since 1985. In 2005, he selected juries that returned more than $750 Million in verdicts. Those cases include Lexar v. Toshiba (breach of fiduciary duty; $461 Million) and Ernst v. Merck (1st Vioxx litigation; $253 Million). He has also assisted lawyers in many high-profile criminal cases including State of Florida v. William Kennedy Smith (sexual assault charges, not guilty verdict), State v. U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (ethics charges, not-guilty verdict), and State v. Robert Durst (acquitted of murder charges). Mr. Hirschhorn has appeared on Good Morning America, MSNBC, Court TV, CNN, Dateline NBC, 48 Hours, Nightline, and many national radio programs. He lectures nationwide to lawyers and judges on the art of jury selection.
Also by Hirschhorn:
HOW TO CONDUCT A MEANINGFUL AND EFFECTIVE 30-MINUTE VOIR DIRE
http://cebjury.com/copy/Articles/30MinuteVoirDireCivil.pdf
81 CRIMINAL JURY SELECTION TIPS
http://cebjury.com/copy/Articles/81JuryTipsCriminal.pdf
TRIAL TECHNIQUES – GOALS AND PRACTICAL TIPS FOR VOIR DIRE
http://cebjury.com/copy/Articles/GoalsAndPracticalTipsforVoirDire.pdf

If I see info about the prosecution's jury consultant, I'll post it as well.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:37 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Wow! New story out about a video found on TM's phone where a voice is heard on it that GZ's defense team thinks is the only known example of TM's voice. Of course it was a video of a fight.
Funny thing is, the mother who is 100% certain it was TM screaming in the 911 call, says she can't be certain about this one. I haven't heard it myself, so I can't be sure, but if TM were holding the phone, doing the taping, I believe his voice would have been much clearer than on the 911 version. But she can't say for sure one way or the other?

On eve of Zimmerman trial in Trayvon Martin killing, new video becomes public - U.S. News
Trayvon Martin grew up and lived in a fighting culture and it lead to his death when he attacked someone who was prepared for his attack.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:37 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,488,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
CNN who's covering the trial (who isn't) just put up pictures of G.Z.'s head and nose injuries. Looks to me like the back of his head is banged up pretty good along with a bloody nose.

If the jury sees those it'll be interesting to see what they think. Are there any such pictures of injuries to T.M. other than the obvious gun shot wound?
Take the nose. The bloody nose is consistent with 'he punched me in the nose and I fell down.' It isn't consistent with gz saying tm punched him in the face at least a dozen times.

Did gz lie, did it feel like multiple punches on the ground in a struggle, misspeak ? Guesswork, but his face and tm's hands aren't those of the face beating gz described.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,064,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The beating of his life, that put GZ in so much fear he felt he had to kill Trayvon, was "every little thing"? LOL! Nor do the photos, nor GZ's demeanor in the videos I've seen, portray his injuries as severe as what they would have been were he telling the truth about this "beating". And we know GZ has a problem with truth.
How much time was there between the moment TM bashed GZ's head into the side walk and GZ shot him, vs the time between TM Bashed his head into the sidewalk and the video of GZ was made?

You can't make the connection between the two since there is so much time elapsed. If you have ever bumped your head severely, immediately you are concerned that it might be life threatening. As each moment passes, if it is not as bad as you initially thought, you become more relaxed. OTOH, if there's a chance that you might bang your head again, you'd do whatever you have to do to avoid it wouldn't you?

If someone else were doing the banging and holding you down while they are doing it, what options are there? The testimony in court has not been made yet. Stay tuned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.