Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:09 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
In that case we don't know that Zimmerman attacked a cop.
Yes we do, witnesses , including a police officer

Zimmerman, wife beater and thug who attacks cops

Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
In that case we don't know that Zimmerman attacked a cop.

Oh, but we do. This article has a link to the legal document(s).

George Zimmerman arrested for assaulting officer, charges dropped - National US Headlines | Examiner.com

Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
Trayvon had fewer struggle related injuries than Zimmerman and he didn't survive. His was clearly in a struggle for his life and all he had was an abrasion on his knuckle.
Trayvon wouldn't have known he was involved in a life and death struggle until Zimmerman pulled a gun on him. For all we know Trayvon though Zimmerman was a creep who was going to rob him, and he was just trying to give Zimmerman the message not to mess with him and to back off. Zimmerman didn't have any signs that he was involved in an extensive fight. He didn't have a single bruise or cut to his hands, not even a scratch.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
It looks like Martin's gang activity, drug use and extensive history of instigating fights is irrelevant in a case where one of the key questions is who started a fight. Why don't they just tie weights onto Zimmerman's ankles and throw him in the water to see if he floats? At least now he has an argument for appeal.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Yes we do, witnesses , including a police officer

Zimmerman, wife beater and thug who attacks cops
We have evidence that Trayvon beat Zimmerman's head into the ground and a witness who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman.

Trayvon, ghetto attacker and thug who beats up on neighbors

Old 05-28-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

Quote:
“I was arrested in July of 2005 for assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence. Both charges were immediately dropped to resisting arrest without violence, and then dropped all together.
“I was in an altercation with an undercover officer that was taking part in an ATF sting for underage drinking in UCF. He never told me he was an officer and assaulted me first. Shortly after that, in September 2005, the same unit was conducting a sting at UCF and an officer was killed by an OPD officer because he discharged his weapon and did not identify himself.
“My father is a retired Magistrate Judge for the Supreme Court of Virginia and my mother was a deputy clerk of court for over 20 years. I hold law enforcement officers in the highest regaurd (sic) as I hope to one day become one. I would never have touched a police officer. Prior to and since that I have not been arrested.

If Zimmerman had just "attacked a cop" they wouldn't have dropped the charges, which they did.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Trayvon wouldn't have known he was involved in a life and death struggle until Zimmerman pulled a gun on him.
Zimmerman wouldn't have known he was in a life or death struggle until Trayvon started beating his head into the ground and he couldn't get away.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're so funny....

Most Blacks are killed by other Blacks. When will the Black Community think it's not OK to kill each other ?
That is a topic for another thread, is it not? There, you will have to further define what you mean by "black community." We're talking here about that GZ's chances.

In this case, some people give GZ the greatest consideration because a black person was killed and they assume there was sufficient justification. I called out a subset of our society who feel this way, those who are bigoted and racist against black people.

GZ looks like what he is, a beady-eyed, sneaky racist guy who is a murderer. He's a liar, and even tried to deceive the court. This lunatic killed a kid by arming himself and concealing his weapon, before instigating a confrontation. He took away someone's son because he has serious problems with black people. I hope he is convicted and punished to the maximum extent that the law allows. At the very least, he does not deserve to walk free ever again.

Once he is convicted, I expect that he will go the way Jeffrey Dahmer did...beaten to death by a fellow inmate. Prison Justice awaits GZ IMO and once he is sent to jail, he won't be there long.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It looks like Martin's gang activity, drug use and extensive history of instigating fights is irrelevant in a case where one of the key questions is who started a fight. Why don't they just tie weights onto Zimmerman's ankles and throw him in the water to see if he floats? At least now he has an argument for appeal.
Let me make it simple: Because Zimmerman didn't know Trayvon Martin, it would be impossible for any part of Martin's life to have influenced Zimmerman's decision-making on the night of the killing. Had they known one another it would be different, and Zimmerman's personal knowlege of Martin would then be of consequence. Since Zimmerman had no idea who Martin was, Martin's lifestyle wouldn't be a factor in how Zimmerman behaved that night. Trashing the victim might not be a wise move on the part of the defense
team.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
That is a topic for another thread, is it not? There, you will have to further define what you mean by "black community." We're talking here about that GZ's chances.

In this case, some people give GZ the greatest consideration because a black person was killed and they assume there was sufficient justification. I called out a subset of our society who feel this way, those who are bigoted and racist against black people.

GZ looks like what he is, a beady-eyed, sneaky racist guy who is a murderer. He's a liar, and even tried to deceive the court. This lunatic killed a kid by arming himself and concealing his weapon, before instigating a confrontation. He took away someone's son because he has serious problems with black people. I hope he is convicted and punished to the maximum extent that the law allows. At the very least, he does not deserve to walk free ever again.

Once he is convicted, I expect that he will go the way Jeffrey Dahmer did...beaten to death by a fellow inmate. Prison Justice awaits GZ IMO and once he is sent to jail, he won't be there long.
Somewhere there's a courthouse bathroom that still needs to be cleaned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.