Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:14 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Doesn't matter why, what matters is that the charges were dropped and it WILL NOT BE BROUGHT UP IN COURT! You know why? Because he is INNOCENT OF THOSE CHARGES.. Want to know why he is innocent of those charges? Wait for it.........BECAUSE HE WASN'T CONVICTED OF ANYTHING!
If GZ's previous run in with the law is irrelevant because he wasn't convicted of anything, then the claims of TM being in a fight, smoking weed, or even being in possession of a gun is just as irrelevant because he was never convicted of anything.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
True. Nobody ever seems to remember that he was the Neighborhood Watch Captain, and the Neighborhood Watch rules (which he would know well, being a captain) forbid the carrying of guns while on Watch duty. I don't know what that makes him guilty of, but it may be something.
The Neighborhood Watch "group", which had one member, which was GZ - self appointed captain, was not a registered "group". He did not receive any "training", guidance or advice from the police as to what he should and shouldn't do as a neighborhood watchman.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:20 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
True. Nobody ever seems to remember that he was the Neighborhood Watch Captain, and the Neighborhood Watch rules (which he would know well, being a captain) forbid the carrying of guns while on Watch duty. I don't know what that makes him guilty of, but it may be something.
Don't believe he was on any official "Watch Duty".

Old 05-29-2013, 09:22 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Don't believe he was on any official "Watch Duty".
He wasn't. He was on Dumbass Vigilante with Gun Muscles duty.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:26 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He wasn't. He was on Dumbass Vigilante with Gun Muscles duty.
There were 17 murders in Chicago this weekend. Must be a common disease going around.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:29 AM

858 posts, read 707,604 times
I think it depends on the evidence at the trial. The fact that Zimmerman was told to stop following him can be argued that that action alone negates the stand your ground law. The other thing that I would like to hear at the trial is whether Zimmerman identified himself as neighborhood watch before the confrontation. If he did, he probably will be acquitted. If he didn't, I personally would find it hard to acquit him. I can only go by what I have heard or read so far but I can't help but feel in this situation, where someone was following me where I live, approaching me in the middle of the night, not identifying themselves and then seeing they have a gun...I can't help but think I would have attacked Zimmerman too.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 AM

382 posts, read 588,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
I think it depends on the evidence at the trial. The fact that Zimmerman was told to stop following him can be argued that that action alone negates the stand your ground law. The other thing that I would like to hear at the trial is whether Zimmerman identified himself as neighborhood watch before the confrontation. If he did, he probably will be acquitted. If he didn't, I personally would find it hard to acquit him. I can only go by what I have heard or read so far but I can't help but feel in this situation, where someone was following me where I live, approaching me in the middle of the night, not identifying themselves and then seeing they have a gun...I can't help but think I would have attacked Zimmerman too.
Then you would be worm food also. Zimmerman had every right to shoot that hoodrat.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:59 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
Then you would be worm food also. Zimmerman had every right to shoot that hoodrat.
Right-wingers truly are the scum of the Earth.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Hard to say, but given what we know so far--I think he'll be acquitted or charged with a lesser crime.

I think that the defense will attempt to establish a behavioral pattern with Treyvon as an 'instigator' of some type, and the judge will then make his history admissible as evidence. but I really do think it will boil don to forensics and medical expertise of corroborating Zimmerman's story.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The Neighborhood Watch "group", which had one member, which was GZ - self appointed captain, was not a registered "group". He did not receive any "training", guidance or advice from the police as to what he should and shouldn't do as a neighborhood watchman.
Not so. The Neighborhood Watch group was (previously) referenced on the Sanford Police Crime Prevention page. City of Sanford : Crime Prevention That's not going to happen in it only consists of one person. In the past, they had their guidebook online, but it seems to be missing too. He wasn't supposed to be carrying a gun, and he wasn't supposed to get out of his car. Since there was a guide, he did indeed get some advice about what he should and shouldn't do, let alone the recorded voice of the 911 operator telling him to stay in his car and wait for the police to arrive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies