Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
New study just came out stating that people with ADHD tend to be obese.

Men who were diagnosed with ADHD as children are more likely to be obese in adulthood, according to a new study.

ADHD In Childhood May Feed Obesity In Adults : Shots - Health News : NPR
He was taking a cocktail of Adderall for ADHD and Tamazepam for insomnia. Tamazepam is something that should be taken for only a short period of time as it is addictive and has some serious side effects. Adderall is a mixture of four different amphetamine salts. Obviously the Adderall didn't cause GZ to have a weight gain.

When you mix two drugs that have strong side effects, and contradict each other, one has to experience one or more side effects.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
ADD drugs are stimulants. Deal.
Actually not always. There are a couple that aren't, my son happens to be on one of them. As for you're inference, I've never said they (the majority) weren't stimulants just that they don't do that to people with ADHD.
So, deal.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:50 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Documented evidence is not "hearsay." Why do you call it that? Just because the judge may not allow it into evidence doesn't make it "hearsay" either.

I think this judges bias may have something to do with Zimmerman's defense of the black homeless man a year earllier, when he and his wife insisted that the police officer(s) who beat the man be held accountable and disciplined. Just a hunch. I think Sanford is looking for revenge against Zimmerman. He gave the Sanford police a bad name.

How this case will turn out is difficult to predict, but I think Zimmerman is on the short end of the stick.

The cell phone records will be key, and aslo Martin's text messages, if the judge will allow them into evidence.
No, I do not think Martin's text messages will be "key."

"Hearsay" is a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted."

90.801 Hearsay; definitions; exceptions

90.104 Rulings on evidence.
"In cases tried by a jury, a court shall conduct proceedings, to the maximum extent practicable, in such a manner as to prevent inadmissible evidence from being suggested to the jury by any means."

http://www.joffelaw.com/state-rules/90-104.html

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-01-2013 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: added link

Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
He was taking a cocktail of Adderall for ADHD and Tamazepam for insomnia. Tamazepam is something that should be taken for only a short period of time as it is addictive and has some serious side effects. Adderall is a mixture of four different amphetamine salts. Obviously the Adderall didn't cause GZ to have a weight gain.

When you mix two drugs that have strong side effects, and contradict each other, one has to experience one or more side effects.
Well all I can say is what my personal experience is. Adderall can cause addiction as does pretty much anything in the "benzodiazepines" family of drugs but side effects depend totally on the person taking them. That's why there's usually a % next to the side effect listed, it doesn't happen to everyone.

It's not unusual at all for a cocktail of drugs to be used to deal with ADHD and some of the things that can/do go along with it like ODD,OCD etc.
Not a big deal really if you've been around people afflicted with this disorder. If anything it actually makes them more focused.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
[snip]Take everything regarding the past history of TM and GZ out of the equation, GZs state of mind would be in question considering he was on medication and the possibility that he experienced certain side effects. You cannot determine TMs "state of mind" based on finding marijuana in his system nor can one determine if he smoked weed immediately or 6 hours preceding the incident. There is no "level" to measure, unlike alcohol where one can take an educated guess based on the alcohol level, as to one's state of mind and ability to reason and function.
Hilarious. 'Possible' side effects among dozens of Potential side effects are relevant to gz's state of mind, but his many, many texts to the phone friend that day aren't relevant to tm's state of mind.

I think gz's inconsistent statements to the cops were due to the 'forgetfulness' side effect of drugs he was taking.

Juries in self defense cases can take into account the relative physical abilities and capacities of the victim and defendant. Authentic videos of tm fights are relevant for that.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Hilarious. 'Possible' side effects among dozens of Potential side effects are relevant to gz's state of mind, but his many, many texts to the phone friend that day aren't relevant to tm's state of mind.

I think gz's inconsistent statements to the cops were due to the 'forgetfulness' side effect of drugs he was taking.

Juries in self defense cases can take into account the relative physical abilities and capacities of the victim and defendant. Authentic videos of tm fights are relevant for that.
Shock can also alter ones memory of a horrific incident and can cause amnesia. Happens all the time.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Are there any "authentic" videos of TM fights.....and I mean videos which can be authenticated in court?

I know Zimmerman was smaller at the time of the shooting, however, at a visual subconscious level with the jury, his SIZE NOW is not going to help him.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 06-01-2013 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-01-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Shock can also alter ones memory of a horrific incident and can cause amnesia. Happens all the time.
I haven't seen anything at all which would indicate that Zimmerman was "horrified" by the "incident." I've heard nothing about his seeking psychological counseling to help him cope with the incident after it happened. Have you? If he did or has, that would likely be a good expert for his legal team to call as a witness. Actually, calling psychological experts who have examined Zimmerman, or with whom he sought counseling after the shooting, would be one way to get into evidence that he was in fear for his life without having to call Zimmerman himself to testify. Experts can testify as to their opinions. No other witnesses are allowed to do that.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:26 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Quote:

so what was po' po' little trey'von taking with his mary-jane to turn him into such a hatefull thug ?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:29 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I haven't seen anything at all which would indicate that Zimmerman was "horrified" by the "incident." I've heard nothing about his seeking psychological counseling to help him cope with the incident after it happened. Have you? If he did or has, that would likely be a good expert for his legal team to call as a witness. Actually, calling psychological experts who have examined Zimmerman, or with whom he sought counseling after the shooting, would be one way to get into evidence that he was in fear for his life without having to call Zimmerman himself to testify. Experts can testify as to their opinions. No other witnesses are allowed to do that.
Is it too late for the judge to order a psychological evaluation of Zimmerman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies