Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 12:08 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I think family members of victims should automatically be on juries...
Having an opinion is one thing, being on a jury is completely different.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:09 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Growing up in a judge household, Zimmerman was more than just familiar with Rules of Evidence.

Cats always bury their sh*t.
Why can't the mice just learn from the cats?

Because they are always too busy running from them.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:10 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
I say, once he admitted to being THE AGGRESSOR, his goose was cooked. Let me remind you, people don't get charged [as he is] for self-defense. Just sayin'.

Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

To be honest this is not even worth arguing about, any legal team that has any difficulty representing Z is in the wrong business/ other then all the media junk and whatever.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What part of "don't confront him" did he not Understand?
Moreover, what part of "confronting him makes you [Zimmerman] an aggressor" did he not understand?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
To those of you that voted acquitted, I hope you're right. At least, based on what we know.
Hard to say how the media will play it, they always side with the poor beaten down minority regardless(tray on elementary school pics, anyone? haha)
But, the media loves blood and riots too so maybe they'll play neutral and let the courts decide.
I'm planning on seeing riots in my town conducted by people that can't even remember far enough back to recall Zimmerman defending himself.
Either way it'll be good to see this finished
Never knew so many CD posters here felt that blacks could basically act how they want in society.
You have every right to voice your opinion just as everyone else, but the question I have for you is how would you feel if that was your child. And stay true to yourself and give me an honest answer.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The only thing you do is make me shake my head that you can't see how pathetic you are, in more ways than one, but especially when it comes to you owning a gun. I know enough about you from your own posts and admissions. FFS you act as if you are the only one who owns a gun when there are over 50 million people in the US who owns one gun or more.

Where did I say I want to eliminate your right to protect your family?? You just can't shut up about your gun, your gun, your gun. Here's a first: I own a gun. Do I need to mention it in every friggin post the way you do? I'm only mentioning it to prove how damn wrong you are in your assumptions. You probably mention your friggin gun every time you have a conversation. People don't go around bragging that they own a gun!!!!

I think if it ever came down to it and you really had to use your gun you would probably end up shooting yourself in the foot because you sound like a bumbling fool.

Yeah, you the man with a gun. Ruh Ruh Now run along.

Now get back on topic.
Yeah, you've clearly not paid attention to much at all.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
... any legal team that has any difficulty representing Z is in the wrong business...
...says the counselor from C-D Law School.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
I say, once he admitted to being THE AGGRESSOR, his goose was cooked. Let me remind you, people don't get charged [as he is] for self-defense. Just sayin'. :chuckles:

Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police
With luck, the jury will understand the self defense law, which you haven't bothered with.

He wasn't charged until politics and social pressure took over.

His goose is cooked, but not because he was THE AGGRESSOR.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:30 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Growing up in a judge household, Zimmerman was more than just familiar with Rules of Evidence.

Cats always bury their sh*t.
Less rules of evidence around the dinner table, and more practical advice from dad would have been better --- 'Georgie-Boy, don't talk to the cops without a lawyer.'

Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He wasn't charged until politics and social pressure took over.
Well, who did he think he was... some blind individual on a social networking site? :chuckles:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies