Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 12:36 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Yeah, you've clearly not paid attention to much at all.
Finally!!!! Did the truth leave you lost for words??? Must have been some pretty strong truth to shut you up.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:40 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Finally!!!! Did the truth leave you lost for words??? Must have been some pretty strong truth to shut you up.
If you actually knew what you were talking about you would never say the false and ignorant things you continue to say about me.

I'll just leave it at that... you're simply not worth a more detailed reply at this point.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
... the radio dispatch advised not to confront him [Trayvon]...
You're wrong. What they said was, they don't need him to follow Trayvon. But, obviously his agenda was that of an aggressor, which explains why Trayvon was running from him. Read the transcript.

Transcript of George Zimmerman's Call to the Police

Old 06-02-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
You're wrong. What they said was, they don't need him to follow Trayvon. But, obviously his agenda was that of an aggressor, which explains why Trayvon was running from him. Read the transcript.
Why is that "obvious" to you?

Old 06-02-2013, 01:04 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Never said it was unfair did I?
Attorneys do their level best to stack the jury with people who will benefit their client be it the government or defense. Honesty or dishonesty don't play into it and if attorneys were so good they wouldn't hire companies expert in jury selection.

It seems you have this idea that the process is some grand thing that's all knowing, pink clouds and unicorns. Trials are never about the truth, they're about who can tell the best story to the jury and make 'em believe it.
Of course attorneys for each side try to select the "best" jurors for their client.........HOWEVER, both sides have a limited number of strikes in jury selection. Do you know what that means?

Not ALL, not even MOST attorneys hire jury consultants to help them select a jury.

I've worked in the court system, in the trenches, so to speak, for a LONG time. I've seen it up close and personal. And, STILL, I think it's the best system in the world. Of course I know that trials are NOT about the truth! They're about whether or not the State can PROVE to a jury, within the Rules of Criminal Procedure and Criminal Evidence and the Law, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the defendant committed a crime. Those Rules and Laws are pretty effective and the system is pretty complex, yet it WORKS REALLY WELL. I personally do not want an "all-powerful State prosecution system; how about you? Would you rather be tried in, say, the Middle East somewhere? Also, of course, not everyone who actually did commit a crime gets convicted, and some innocent people DO get convicted. I'm amazed at how often juries get it "right." Even if you do get some dishonest people on a jury, like in a high profile case, for the "fame and fortune" of it, there are always some people on the jury with morals and integrity and that stops people with an agenda who managed to get on the jury from destroying the whole process.

I will also say that I don't know whether or not Zimmerman will be convicted. I have not heard the State's theory of the case nor their evidence yet, so I can't possibly make a prediction at this point. I'll have a much better idea after opening statements by BOTH sides. Then we'll see if they can prove to the jury what they say in opening they will prove. Btw, I don't believe in "pink clouds" and "unicorns"....never did.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Why is that "obvious" to you?
Why is it NOT obvious to you?

Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Why is it NOT obvious to you?
Please explain to me how George Zimmerman was obviously the "aggressor".

Old 06-02-2013, 01:14 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Quote:
Why is that "obvious"...?
He chose to follow a person who was running away from him, even though he was advised not to. That, my friend, is an aggressor.

I hope you don't think he was following Trayvon as a way of avoiding a confrontation or defending himself. :chuckles:

Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
He chose to follow a person who was running away from him, even though he was advised not to. That, my friend, is an aggressor.

I hope you don't think he was following Trayvon as a way of avoiding a confrontation and defending himself.
So now following someone on a public sidewalk is an act of aggression? Do you know what aggression means?

ag·gres·sion (-grshn)n.1. The act of initiating hostilities or invasion.
2. The practice or habit of launching attacks.
3. Hostile or destructive behavior or actions.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I've read the transcript, heard the call, and looked at all the evidence that has been released through the courts. The only one lacking for information here is you.

Trayvon was 173 feet from the house where he was staying and had 2 minutes to get there before Zimmerman ever got off the phone with the NEN call. No one was chased down.
I've heard Zimmerman is having money problems. Have you called the legal team and offered to work for them for free yet? I mean if you have "looked at all the evidence" that's been posted online via the Clerk's Office, you should be a great asset to the financially strapped legal team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies