Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:52 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's in the incident report, Zimmerman's back was wet and he had grass stains on his back.
Perhaps you would post a link to that incident report.

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:02 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Thanks.
And photos, too!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:03 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's in the incident report, Zimmerman's back was wet and he had grass stains on his back.
I have no problem with this. Martin, temporarily, got the upper hand in fight against a guy with a gun.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:11 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I have no problem with this. Martin, temporarily, got the upper hand in fight against a guy with a gun.
If he didn't have grass stains on his clothes, he was never on his back. Guilty.

If he did have grass stains on his back, so what. Still guilty.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:14 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
And photos, too!

Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sanford Police Investigation

Police officer Timothy Smith arrived at the scene at approximately 7:17 PM. He reported finding Zimmerman standing near Martin, who was lying face down in the grass and unresponsive.[15][18] At that time, Zimmerman stated to Smith that he had shot Martin and was still armed. Smith handcuffed Zimmerman and removed his weapon from him. Smith observed that Zimmerman's back was wet and covered with grass and he was bleeding from the nose and the back of his head.[15][105]

http://www.wagist.com/wp-content/upl...ial-Report.pdf

Old 06-02-2013, 05:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Me either, good for him.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:25 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Thought I saw some pictures of Zimmerman a few pages back taken at the police station an hour after the murder no grass stains on his clothing.

Those spots on his head, seen worse in ball practice. Essentially nothing.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:26 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1025

[snip]Serino: That would’ve been my response but, you know, OK…I just…I…like I said, the, the child has no record at all, no violent tendencies, none of this, that I can, that I know of. That anybody else knows of. His folks would’ve told me. Out of his nature to do this kind of reaction. I don’t know if he thought that you were trying to punk him, or, you know, be a, some sort of weirdo or something. Out of his nature. And that’s why I pose the question again what might’ve set him off that you might’ve, I mean, it’s a traumatic episode and we can gap out and forget and maybe if you remember some other time, you can always call me with it, and it’ll always be part of me, this’ll probably live on in, in my case load for a very, very long time. You know, as far as what I do, what I don’t do, I’m gonna get, I can’t win here at all. All I can do is sit in here and make it so you don’t go down worse than anybody else either criminally or civilly. You understand the responsibility behind this?
Zimmerman: Yes, sir.
ty for posting so much of that interview, 3 days after the killing. Does it support the myth that SPD was dropping the case, ignoring the death of a black kid, laying off a judge's son. cripes, by then they were practically accusing him and begging him to confess, and the dope kept talking to them.

The bolded part is the type of testimony/statement that I think should get some of tm's less wonderful side admitted.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:40 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
This is the transcript of the 3rd tape of Investigators Serino and Singleton interviewing Zimmerman. This tape recorded them playing back the non-emergency call and questioning him about his location, moves and motives. This is the audio: audio_interview_0229_3

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1025 (tape 1)
https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1035 (tape 2)

https://www.txantimedia.com/?p=1079 (tape 3.. with snippets below)

Serino: That statement. These *******s…what’s behind that?
Zimmerman: People that victimize the neighborhood.
Singleton: Didn’t you just tell us in there that a week earlier they made an arrest?
Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am.
Singleton: So they don’t always get away.
Zimmerman: No.

Serino: OK, so you basically jumped out of the car to see where he was going?
Serino: OK. That’s not fear. You know what I mean?
Serino: That’s one of the problems I have with the whole thing, or I’m gonna have. I mean, I don’t have any problems at all, it’s just that… it’s gonna be a problem

Serino: You said he ran again. OK, this is, this is because you don’t see him?
Zimmerman: Correct.
Serino: So at this point he has to be hiding from you.
Zimmerman: I don’t know where he was.
Serino: Well you…
Zimmerman: I don’t see him.
Serino: Well the law of the physics says that he’s hiding from you at this point. He could not have made it home…and came back to attack you in that time, so…What’s your, what’s your, um, account is that you don’t see him at this point. You’re at the T now, right? Here’s the pavement, correct? You’re looking down that way? That passage?
Zimmerman: No, sir.
Serino: Where’re you at?
Zimmerman: Once he told me not to follow him…
Serino: Mm hmm.
Zimmerman: And I wasn’t following him. I was just going in the same direction he was. Once he said…
Serino: That’s following (laughs).

Singleton: The other day you told me you got out of the car because dispatch was asking your location and you wanted to orient yourself. You did not tell me that you said, “Oh, ****, he’s running” and then got out of the car and went in that same direction at the same time. Do you see what the problem is?
Singleton: And I asked you did, would you, did you, you know, look for him and you told me no.
Zimmerman: I don’t remember, ma’am. I’m sorry.
Singleton: You told me the only, the reason you got out of your car was to get an address.
Zimmerman: Yes, right.
Singleton: But you decided to get the address…fresh in the second after you say, “Oh, ****, he’s running.” And then it sounds like you’re running too.

Serino: OK can I ask, my concern is also this. “Oh, ****, he’s running” and I’m getting out of my car. In an instant (snaps fingers) to make sure I don’t lose sight of this guy. That’s what it sounds like. Are you following him? Cause that’s what it sounds like you’re doing, that’s why he asked you the question. It sounded to the dispatcher likely that you were running, and that’s why he asked you that question. “Are you following him?” And your answer is yes. OK? But then you get to the other side and you’re concerned…(slapping sounds) about walking past this guy when you’ve already been chasing him, essentially. And he’s telling you to go back to your car and now you wanna pretend…or not pretend, you wanted us to believe that you’re concerned about having a flashlight to move back where you just ran?
Serino: You’re looking for him.
Singleton: You tried to catch up to him, do you see what I’m saying?
Zimmerman: No, I wasn’t. Um…
Serino: OK, it sounds like you’re looking for him.
Zimmerman: No.
Singleton: You brought a flashlight with you.
Singleton: You wanted to be able to see him.
Serino: You want to catch him.
Zimmerman: No…
Serino: You wanted to catch the bad guy…
Oh. My. Gosh!!! That deserves to be posted again. IMO, Zimmerman is in big trouble. What an interview!!!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ty for posting so much of that interview, 3 days after the killing. Does it support the myth that SPD was dropping the case, ignoring the death of a black kid, laying off a judge's son. cripes, by then they were practically accusing him and begging him to confess, and the dope kept talking to them.

The bolded part is the type of testimony/statement that I think should get some of tm's less wonderful side admitted.
Well, wasn't Serino "overruled" when he wanted Zimmerman to be charged and arrested? Didn't the local State Attorney say he couldn't charge him because he didn't have enough evidence?

Yes, he did keep talking! Amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies