Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:14 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,214,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I want to sit around, eat Cheetos and drink Mountain Dew, and play WoW all day. How can I get a government funded lifestyle to help me achieve my goals outside of voting Democrat?
Serve in the military, get out with an Honorable Discharge, and go to college full time using your military benefits. You get monthly stipends with the amount varying on the zip code you live in.

That's what I've done and am doing. I'm set to graduate in November with Honors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 02:16 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,137,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Serve in the military, get out with an Honorable Discharge, and go to college full time using your military benefits. You get monthly stipends with the amount varying on the zip code you live in.

That's what I've done and am doing. I'm set to graduate in November with Honors.
You're going to make DofD's head explode.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:26 PM

48 posts, read 44,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Yep and I am paying for your grandpa. I would rather stop paying because the government can't be trusted and it will be gone by the time I get there anyway. I can do a better job.

The Social Security Act was created as part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal with the signing of the Social Security Act of 1935 on August 14, 1935

Franklin Delano Roosevelt (1933–1945) and a central figure in world events during the mid-20th century, leading the United States. A dominant leader of the Democratic Party and the only American president elected to more than two terms.

Thank Democrats He contributed then he is not going to turn it down though.
Medicare is a good idea but it needs to be reformed so we're not going into so much debt. But old folks like it too much, even "conservative" ones!

Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 PM

36,858 posts, read 17,220,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I believe an exploding head would put one on disability. I wonder if he'll take the benefits.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:30 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,214,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I'll do that while drinking Mountain Dew, eating Cheetos and playing WoW all day whenever I'm not in college.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:46 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,431,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Or you could be a guy who gradates from harvard, becomes a C.E.O. of a corporation. Pay yourself crazy amounts of money in salary and benifits(millions upon millions, because your entitled to it) then goto the government to get handouts for whatever reason, then give yourself another bonus. Then continue to blame the lazy poor for our countrys issus while we are getting robbed. Dumb Haole!
Or even easier -- be a politician -- a lying corrupt one. You never have to learn how to balance a budget, read a financial sheet, or have any skills needed to run a business.

Look how filthy rich the Clintons have become -- they didn't rake in all those millions from their Whitewater real estate scams.

It just takes an ability to lie and cheat.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:06 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,305,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Whine a lot.

Explain how that works.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:14 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,699,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or even easier -- be a politician -- a lying corrupt one. You never have to learn how to balance a budget, read a financial sheet, or have any skills needed to run a business.

Look how filthy rich the Clintons have become -- they didn't rake in all those millions from their Whitewater real estate scams.

It just takes an ability to lie and cheat.
No argument here, but what bugs me is greed, dishonesty, etc, etc isnt limited to a political party, age, class etc, etc. I just get tired of hearing about poor ppl, who are not really reped in news, politics. Being ambushed all the time about bying a lottery tickit while getting foodstamps. But never anyword about the c.e.o who buys yachts, private planes, etc. But still has his hand out for tax money. I just think its wrong to pick on ppl who have no power.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,431,937 times
It's the hard working taxpayers who see their wages confiscated for both these groups --- did you see how the Obama administration has just given the extremely rich Bill Gates a big check?

Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,699,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's the hard working taxpayers who see their wages confiscated for both these groups --- did you see how the Obama administration has just given the extremely rich Bill Gates a big check?
But this is no different from when Bush did it for rich sugar tycoons in florida, my point being both parties are the same coin just different sides of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies