Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,927,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ummmm.....you are. Did you not mean to add the word "Gay" in the title of your thread?
ummmmmm! Read the entire thread. Our beret yet read all my posts on the topic. Don't say that I write things that I didn't.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:44 PM

17 posts, read 13,657 times
Why do homosexuals think being gay is something to be "proud" of?

As a heterosexual I never considered being straight to be an accomplishment, it was just....normal.

I suspect what gay-pride is all about is that they enjoy rubbing their deviation in everyone's faces; like naughty children who take delight in being bad because they have no fear of being punished for their behavior.

So gay pride is a celebration of the triumph of perverts over decency and their making it illegal for anyone to object to their deviance.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:46 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
Then you have to have a law that prevents all parades on public roads. You cannot discriminate based on viewpoint.
Never said we should.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

I Personally will never attend another Pride event.
And that's the beauty of this country: no one makes you go to any public event.

You get to stay home. Yay. It means more parking for the people who want to attend.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:54 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,472,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Gentry View Post
Why do homosexuals think being gay is something to be "proud" of?

As a heterosexual I never considered being straight to be an accomplishment, it was just....normal.

I suspect what gay-pride is all about is that they enjoy rubbing their deviation in everyone's faces; like naughty children who take delight in being bad because they have no fear of being punished for their behavior.

So gay pride is a celebration of the triumph of perverts over decency and their making it illegal for anyone to object to their deviance.
New member, few posts, I call this a troll. Go back under your bridge Troll.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:01 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,826,709 times
I don't think people are discriminated against anymore for being gay, acting like a normal functioning part of society. But if you're going to rollerblade down the street in a leather bikini bottom, well don't be surprised when people treat you as a little odd.

I think the same holds true for many groups. The majority of discrimination anymore is not due to simply being part of that group (gay, black, Italian, etc) but personifying the negative stereotypes often associated with such group.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:02 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I don't think people are discriminated against anymore for being gay, acting like a normal functioning part of society. But if you're going to rollerblade down the street in a leather bikini bottom, well don't be surprised when people treat you as a little odd.
Why would you discriminate against that person? You think that person spends all day, every day rollerblading in a leather bikini bottom?

What about the idiots who dress up in ball gowns and pretend their king and queen during a homecoming parade? Talk about nonsense pageantry.

I see plenty of weirdos every day of all backgrounds. This is America, and people are free to do what they like so long as its not illegal. Laugh, ignore the person, make fun of them.

But if you are actually attending a pride event with thousands and thousands of gay people from all walks of life, going about normal lives and dressed like everybody else, and "rollerblading bikini bottom guy" is your "takeaway image" from that event.... that says something about YOU, not everyone else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags
I think the same holds true for many groups. The majority of discrimination anymore is not due to simply being part of that group (gay, black, Italian, etc) but personifying the negative stereotypes often associated with such group.
Yawn. You going to run into bikini rollerblader a week later and discriminate against him? You going to decide to not support equal rights for that family that was standing right next to you with their kids because you remember bikini rollerblade guy?

Old 05-26-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And that's the beauty of this country: no one makes you go to any public event.

You get to stay home. Yay. It means more parking for the people who want to attend.

You're wrong. The gay agenda purposely routes parades past the Christian elementary schools in any given city, to ensure maximum rubbing-it-your-faceness.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The gay agenda purposely routes parades past the Christian elementary schools in any given city, to ensure maximum rubbing-it-your-faceness.
Please post five routes that go past Christian elementary schools.

Then tell everyone all about the gay agenda. We'll especially look forward to your contrasting it to the old-fart, white guy agenda.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Please post five routes that go past Christian elementary schools.

Then tell everyone all about the gay agenda. We'll especially look forward to your contrasting it to the old-fart, white guy agenda.

The Hogswaggle, Tennessee pride parade is purposely routed to travel past the First United Church of Baby Jesus, the Little Christian Soldier Bible Day school AND the Black Jesus Elementary School and Christian gift store.

In front of each school a semi truck opens up and rollerblading gogo boys with angel wings does a routine set to Lady Gaga's "Judas."

Prove I'm wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.