Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 09:59 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... there you go again, "not" defending her behavior. Look at us evil Liberals "censoring" her repugnant behavior b/c it's not in line w/ our draconian beliefs of respect... Good one. And I thought my days of merry laughter were over.

So in one section you're saying that Liberals are forcing people to abide by "progressive" thought. Then in the next section you're saying that she should be allowed to learn from her mistake...

Do you see the gaping hole in your logic there, or do I need to explain it?
To conservatives, "free speech" means the freedom to speak your mind and suffer the natural consequences, if necessary.

To liberals, "free speech" means the freedom to speak positively about progressive ideals and if you say anything critical of the pre-approved beliefs then your life must be destroyed until your proper reprogramming. That poor, young Australian girl is learning this as we speak.

You claim liberals believe in respect but I guess that doesn't include respecting a child's right not to be publicly humiliated.

Learning from her mistakes does not mean sending the poor child into the teeth of the leftist buzzsaw of "tolerance".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Sure have, and not once did I see a white person call a black player a ******.

But then, I'm not from the south.
So you are fine with stereotyping white Southerners.

OK then...

How do you feel about stereotyping black city dwellers?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Figures that the racists and their supporters attack the victim of these vile taunts instead of the poor excuses for humans who make and enable them.
You actually thought that 13 year old girl was dangerous! Beginning to wonder if any of you complaining watched the video or just went on a racist rampant rant.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:04 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
[quote=Chimuelojones;29737953]You're confused. There is no consititutional right to ba a racist in Australia. 13 year old learned a lesson; In Australia...you can't run your mouth without consequences. She chose to be at that function/game...if she couldnt comport herself to the rules of Australian society...she could go and kick rocks.

Grow a set..

Old 05-28-2013, 10:10 AM

The Australian

Quote:
Goodes and AFL chief Andrew Demetriou held a media conference next day at which Goodes declared: "Racism has a face. It's a 13-year-old girl."Seriously? Goodes even said he felt like he was being bullied at school.

Excuse me, but in this confrontation - with Goodes, police, the media, the social media and the AFL on one side, and a 13-year-old girl on the other - it wasn't the girl who seemed the bully.

Perhaps Goodes realised, because he added: "She's 13, she's still so innocent. I don't put any blame on her."
No? Then why this public shaming?

Only later did Goodes take a call from the girl, who told him she was sorry. By then, the TV stations were rowing back a bit.

Replays of the incident belatedly blurred the girl's face, though she's since been named, and Channel 10 interviewed her saying how ashamed she was.

To repeat: This girl is only 13. This bullying of her is a scandal.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You actually thought that 13 year old girl was dangerous! Beginning to wonder if any of you complaining watched the video or just went on a racist rampant rant.
I love you guys. Someone makes a racist comment and you say those who decry that are racist. That's really interesting.........it's not the girl who is dangerous. It's the knowledge that many, many others of varying genders and ages feel the same way she does. The real shame is that a culture exists where bias and hatred expressed by this poor little girl - and she should be pitied because she obviously didn't learn this was wrong at home - is allowed to exist.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
To conservatives, "free speech" means the freedom to speak your mind and suffer the natural consequences, if necessary.
Except when you disagree w/ the consequences, which what this entire thread boils down to.

Quote:
To liberals, "free speech" means the freedom to speak positively about progressive ideals and if you say anything critical of the pre-approved beliefs then your life must be destroyed until your proper reprogramming. That poor, young Australian girl is learning this as we speak.
Sorry but free speech doesn't end with the speaker. You have as much right to be repugnant as I do to be offended by it. And if enough people are offended by your behavior, guess what you have the deal with. Suck it up and and stop being a thin-skinned sissy or not. I forget the rules on when thin-skinned sissiness is acceptable to Conservatives.

Quote:
You claim liberals believe in respect but I guess that doesn't include respecting a child's right not to be publicly humiliated.

Learning from her mistakes does not mean sending the poor child into the teeth of the leftist buzzsaw of "tolerance".
Lol... "right to not be publicly humiliated"

Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Except when you disagree w/ the consequences, which what this entire thread boils down to.

Sorry but free speech doesn't end with the speaker. You have as much right to be repugnant as I do to be offended by it. And if enough people are offended by your behavior, guess what you have the deal with. Suck it up and and stop being a thin-skinned sissy or not. I forget the rules on when thin-skinned sissiness is acceptable to Conservatives.

Lol... "right to not be publicly humiliated"
So you think the natural consequences for this little girl's actions is to be the subject of a nationwide liberal media execution of her image so that she can't even walk down the hallways at her school without being attacked?

You "tolerant" liberals are something else!

I think its amazing that you leftists are so thick headed you can't tell the difference between the people in her life telling her she is wrong and a national campaign to destroy her whole future because of her "improper" thoughts and actions.

I understand now why people risk their lives to escape places like Cuba and the Soviet Union!

Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
So you think the natural consequences for this little girl's actions is to be the subject of a nationwide liberal media execution of her image so that she can't even walk down the hallways at her school without being attacked?

You "tolerant" liberals are something else!

I think its amazing that you leftists are so thick headed you can't tell the difference between the people in her life telling her she is wrong and a national campaign to destroy her whole future because of her "improper" thoughts and actions.

I understand now why people risk their lives to escape places like Cuba and the Soviet Union!
The level of outcry is proportional the level of disgust people have for that kind of behavior. If it wasn't a big deal to them, it wouldn't be as bad as you're claiming. I'm sure in your gatherings, behavior like that is laughed off and/or probably rewarded w/ jerky or something. Obviously Australia plays by a different set of rules.

Listen to yourself: you're literally arguing that all the people who are upset about something, don't have a right to be upset by it. I laughed at your humiliation comment earlier b/c it shows how myopic your thinking is. You're championing one person's right to voice their opinion, then getting mad when an even larger number of people voice their opinion... The only reason she's been "humiliated" is b/c the vast majority of people find that behavior disgusting. If they didn't, she wouldn't feel humiliated.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 05-28-2013 at 11:08 AM..

Old 05-28-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
The level of outcry is proportional the level of disgust people have for that kind of behavior. If it wasn't a big deal to them, it wouldn't be as bad as you're claiming. I'm sure in your gatherings, behavior like that is laughed off and/or probably rewarded w/ jerky or something. Obviously Australia plays by a different set of rules.

Listen to yourself: you're literally arguing that all the people who are upset about something, don't have a right to be upset by it. I laughed at your humiliation comment earlier b/c it shows how myopic your thinking is. You're championing one person's right to voice their opinion, then getting mad when an even larger number of people voice their opinion... The only reason she's been "humiliated" is b/c the vast majority of people find that behavior disgusting. If they didn't, she wouldn't feel humiliated.
No, I don't understand why liberals can have such a jolly time ruining a little girl's life.

You wrote:

Quote:
you're literally arguing that all the people who are upset about something, don't have a right to be upset by it
OK, so if I'm literally arguing that then you'd have no problem finding a quote where I make that literal argument then, right? What? No? Oh, I see...yeah...I never wrote that so too bad.

I don't know why the abuse of children is considered fun where you live (behavior like that is laughed off and/or probably rewarded w/ jerky or something) but where I'm from child abuse is no laughing matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies