Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 04:02 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When you figure yourself brave because you choose to abuse a thirteen year old girl then you are a wussy.
At 13, a person should know better than to yell racial slurs at a game. Age is no excuse. The irony is, as much as the player was heartbroken, he didn't blame her, he blamed the parents for this.

As it is, she was kicked out of the venue. Simple as that. I would expect the same to have been done to me if I had done that at age 13. I hardly consider 13 to be innocent. In this country, there are some states where you can be imprisoned like adults if you do some serious crimes. I feel that 13 isn't so innocent of an age.

Now tell me, how is kicking a teenager out of a venue for racial harassment "abuse"? How is calling her out of her behavior "abuse"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 11:04 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
At 13, a person should know better than to yell racial slurs at a game. Age is no excuse. The irony is, as much as the player was heartbroken, he didn't blame her, he blamed the parents for this.

As it is, she was kicked out of the venue. Simple as that. I would expect the same to have been done to me if I had done that at age 13. I hardly consider 13 to be innocent. In this country, there are some states where you can be imprisoned like adults if you do some serious crimes. I feel that 13 isn't so innocent of an age.

Now tell me, how is kicking a teenager out of a venue for racial harassment "abuse"? How is calling her out of her behavior "abuse"?
Frightened 13-year-old hunted by a pack of wolves | Daily Telegraph Miranda Devine Blog

Quote:
But her treatment since has been unforgiveable, starting with the security guards who paraded her through a jeering crowd, the police who detained her, to the AFL officials who decided to make an example of her and the media that spread her name and picture far and wide.

Goodes is the least culpable, but his statement: “Racism had a face - and it was a 13-year-old girl” was hyperbole that fanned the hysteria
Liberal viciousness...1, 13 year old child...zero.

Congrats, "tolerant" liberals.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saussie View Post
I've called my white Aussie husband a 'big ape' ( and worse) on many occasions and imo all football/rugby players are usually bordering on neanderthal on and sometimes off the field, If this had been a 'white only' match ( which is in itself discriminatory imo) and the same phrase used.. nothing would be thought of it, the treatment of the young girl was disgusting.
The same footie player (Goodes) was compared to 'King Kong' by an adult high profile radio/tv announcer who was not taken by police and questioned for 2 hours.
We ask immigrants such as Africans, Asians,Brits, Muslimsetc to integrate into Australian society and exclude Australian born white folk from indigenous football games, maybe at these games the ticket buyers / spectators should be solely Aboriginal
Anyone who calls a darker skinned person an ape should understand the implications of such a statement. There will be consequences, as proven in this case, and I am okay with that. It really does not matter what continent, country, or sport is involved, it is a very unwise choice of words that will be contrued as racist. Deal with it.

Quote:
Frightened 13-year-old hunted by a pack of wolves | Daily Telegraph Miranda Devine Blog

Liberal viciousness...1, 13 year old child...zero.

Congrats, "tolerant" liberals.
You would know, being the expert in throwing out hate-speech, and they trying to spin it as innocent.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,984 times
One 13 year old girl made a racist comment...wow....I guess they never travel to play in Europe ....check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2CX...e_gdata_player

Old 06-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Anyone who calls a darker skinned person an ape should understand the implications of such a statement. There will be consequences, as proven in this case, and I am okay with that. It really does not matter what continent, country, or sport is involved, it is a very unwise choice of words that will be contrued as racist. Deal with it.

You would know, being the expert in throwing out hate-speech, and they trying to spin it as innocent.
What "hate speech"?

Please point it out...

Old 06-01-2013, 11:56 AM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe this has alot to do with Whites being in the majority, and basically being "in charge". Blacks and other non-White ethnicities, especially in Australia and the USA has basically been treated like crap for a long time, and things only started changing in the 60s. You would grow tired of getting called racial slurs if you were subjected to that and other forms of maltreatment.
That is odd.

Harrier says that things started to change in the 60's all the time and the left always lectures him, "Harrier, things have always been that way".

Thank you for the confirmation that Harrier has been correct all along.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:15 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
I didn't "make up" what the falsehoods that you've written...in fact they are all right there in your quote.

Thanks for admitting that Goodes is soft, though.
Riiiiiiiiiiiight... I like how you tried to change the subject when you "defended" this point, but end up proving MY point:

Quote:
that the girl has the right to not be humiliated, but defends her right to be degrading & derogatory towards a man on TV...
Again, I never wrote anything like that. No one has yet to show me where I wrote that someone has no right to express themselves.
Are you not defending her right to say degrading things to that man? Did you not say earlier that she has a right to not be humiliated? So using your logic... what right does that man have in regards to being humiliated?

Old 06-01-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiiight... I like how you tried to change the subject when you "defended" this point, but end up proving MY point:

Are you not defending her right to say degrading things to that man? Did you not say earlier that she has a right to not be humiliated? So using your logic... what right does that man have in regards to being humiliated?
Maybe where you live humiliating 13 year old girls on national TV (including publicizing the child's name) is encouraged but where I live that is considered quite cruel.

Also it is hard to imagine a man being humiliated by one word from a 13 year old girl who doesn't even know him.

If so, then he may want to check and see if he is indeed a man.

Good thing for America that we didn't have blokes like this Goodes fella preparing to storm the beach on D-Day.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:59 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Maybe where you live humiliating 13 year old girls on national TV (including publicizing the child's name) is encouraged but where I live that is considered quite cruel.

Also it is hard to imagine a man being humiliated by one word from a 13 year old girl who doesn't even know him.

If so, then he may want to check and see if he is indeed a man.

Good thing for America that we didn't have blokes like this Goodes fella preparing to storm the beach on D-Day.
Uh huh...

So you create the fictional right to not be humiliated, but also decide it only applies to the girl...

Along w/ "literally," maybe you should also look up "hypocrisy."

Old 06-02-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Uh huh...

So you create the fictional right to not be humiliated, but also decide it only applies to the girl...

Along w/ "literally," maybe you should also look up "hypocrisy."
Perhaps Australia has different rules when it comes to protecting children but in the United States you can't publicly humiliate a child.

Why do you think news stations never show a child's face or identify them by name if they are somehow involved in a situation of child abuse?

I know liberals can be ignorant but it is hard to believe that a liberal could REALLY believe that a grown man, professional athlete being teased by a 13 year old girl at a sporting event is exactly like a 13 year old girl broadcast on nationwide TV (along with her name) and publicly labeled "the face of racism" in Australia.

I really thought that Australian men were tough (or at least actual men) but now I know that being teased by children breaks them up.

Liberal "tolerance", huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies