Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 11:23 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Of course conservatives support this huge expansion of government power and tab keeping on average Americans. Such a society isn't free, but conservatives love repressive socieities.

No, I don't want the government randomly drug testing me
, you aren't thinking straight if you'd endorse such a policy.

I suggested it to point out how conservatives don't think all citizens should be treated equally by our state and federal government and instead conservatives support the government drug testing certain Americans who receive government benefits because conservatives hate those groups of Americans, and not everyone who receives government benefits.
Because the crack you smoke would surely be detected.......bottom line, the taxpayers are paying for people they have the right to see who is abusing it

Sorry if you make excuses for the ones wanting a freebie......

You really need to get some medical attention regarding your sick fantasies with Conservatives...... you only mention them every thread ignorantly

You should change your name to "I can't think for myself 73"..... since you are obviously a lemming who can't think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 11:29 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Why stop at drugs[illicit], and why just welfare, lets have drug testing for any tax credits and subsidies.

You want a tax break on your home?...I worry about your cholesterol, weight, and blood presure.

If our intention is to get people off the public dole...we can come up with all kinds of creative ways and all kinds of "tests".
Excellent idea. Drug tests for any and all tax credits plus the results (of both the drug tests and the tax information) becomes public domain which anyone can read.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:34 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
whats the point in it all anyway- having a drug test is hardly going to get someone a job.

just another example of poor bashing, commie conservative BS

Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Texas Approves Drug Tests For Unemployment Benefits...

Random drug tests should be a requirement in all states for any type of government (taxpayer) benefits.
UA's for unemployment benefits? Rather see UA's for welfare, but that'll never happen.
Dims would lose votes.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
So when will the business owners and landlords be forced to take these tests, because until then it is blatant discrimination

Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Because the crack you smoke would surely be detected.......bottom line, the taxpayers are paying for people they have the right to see who is abusing it

Sorry if you make excuses for the ones wanting a freebie......

You really need to get some medical attention regarding your sick fantasies with Conservatives...... you only mention them every thread ignorantly

You should change your name to "I can't think for myself 73"..... since you are obviously a lemming who can't think
No No and No.

You really do just want to go Rambo on a particular issue, one that doesn't exist in the way you believe it does, and one you aren't solving by laws like this. It's been pointed out what drugs can be detected a few days out and what can't. Tell me..seriously..what drugs are you interested in, why specifically does it bother you, and how do you even know who is paying for what? Control, control, you want to know, you want to say, you want to judge, you want to....that's all. You feel impotent and want to control someone else.

Any problems down the road that you can see with this plan? Do you think beyond the punishment for someone "getting away with something" you don't approve of? Do you know what is paid for by who? Again, I'm thinking NO.

BESIDES....if you look at the bill it's not going to randomly test/test everyone/test more than once. It's for a specific, targeted segment of the population who give iffy answers on a questionnaire which will be easy to avoid doing . You guys are whooping it up over something that isn't even going to do what you fantasize it does.

Last edited by Ceece; 05-27-2013 at 03:08 AM..

Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,063 times
When they start drug testing people getting medicare and social security (which are truly welfare programs!!), I will be fine with policies like this. Until then, it's stupid.

Unemployment is an insurance program paid for by employers. Technically, if employers were not paying this to the government, they would likely be paying this money as salary. It's not frickin' welfare. If people want to self medicate with illegal drugs when they are going through a rough patch of life after losing a job, through no fault of their own (otherwise, they wouldn't be getting unemployment!!), then it is not my business. It is not your business either. So get over yourselves.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:19 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:

It is not your business either. So get over yourselves.
It's funny how people want to take ownership of this, as if they have every right to have a say in anyone else life just because they have paid a tax at some point. SO DID THE PEOPLE COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT who, until they stopped working, thought they had every right to control .....well you see how it goes. Get a pink slip and suddenly you don't get to call the shots anymore, only the people who haven't been laid off, and even though nothing has change but their employment status. It's not like they got stupid suddenly. Or maybe everyone is stupid already? Seems the case.

But the big scary stuff that tax money is wasted on....nope. If you can't point a finger at someone and have a scapegoat it's not as fun.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Like I said before it will not save any money because beating a cheap drug test is too easy, especially when you can get someone else to take it for you.
Yet something 100 people failed the test and something like 1600 refused it.

I would imagine these tests are administered like any drug test, certainly the system can be gamed but that's not an easy rask. My Mother was an OB nurse, they admistered a test to one patient and suspected she had cheated. No drugs found in the test sample and she wasn't pregnant either. LOL

Old 05-27-2013, 04:18 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Good point. It's funny because the little cash asst that people get will not deter someone who is hooked on something that is highly addicitive anyway
You're trying to justify this becsue they are going to use drugs anyway, get those people into treatment but that's for another topic. We have a limited amount of money to go around, how many kids can you feed with the money going to addicts? How many teachers can you hire? How many addict can we treat with the food stamps they are selling on the street for 10 cents on the dollar?

There is better ways to use these funds instead of throwing it down a hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies