Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I really don't think you understand how it works.

Being unemployed does not equal unemployable. It means that the company that you worked for previously is in a downturn.
Everyone unemployed that I know was fired -- couldn't do the job or could do the job but broke the rules too many times. I've known people who got laid off because their company downsized but they went out and got another job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 10:06 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Great. Now if Colorado would do that...I see it highly unlikely though considering all the potheads that monopolize this place.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Everyone unemployed that I know was fired -- couldn't do the job or could do the job but broke the rules too many times.
People in those situations, for the most part, would have difficulty receiving unemployment benefits. To receive unemployment, you can't have quit, and you must have been fired under certain circumstances.

If you fail to do your job, or lack the ability to, and your employer can show that you had these issues discussed with you on several occasions, or were reprimanded in a way that comports with the policies and procedures of the organization (given ample warning and opportunity to improve your job performance and be made aware of your deficiencies, in other words) you'll have a tough time collecting.

Generally, unemployment is paid out to people who lose their jobs through little to no fault of their own.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
People in those situations, for the most part, would have difficulty receiving unemployment benefits. To receive unemployment, you can't have quit, and you must have been fired under certain circumstances.

If you fail to do your job, or lack the ability to, and your employer can show that you had these issues discussed with you on several occasions, or were reprimanded in a way that comports with the policies and procedures of the organization (given ample warning and opportunity to improve your job performance and be made aware of your deficiencies, in other words) you'll have a tough time collecting.

Generally, unemployment is paid out to people who lose their jobs through little to no fault of their own.
But that doesn't stop them from getting another job -- a drug problem would though. We're talking about Texas where people have been coming from others states to get jobs, and millions of illegals cross that border every year and they have no trouble at all finding jobs. Employers are begging for workers.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:29 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
But that doesn't stop them from getting another job -- a drug problem would though. We're talking about Texas where people have been coming from others states to get jobs, and millions of illegals cross that border every year and they have no trouble at all finding jobs. Employers are begging for workers.

??? how would a drug problem stop me from getting another job???

Old 05-27-2013, 10:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:

tell those employers michigan needs jobs too...and iowa, and new hampshire, and ohio and california and oregon. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old 05-27-2013, 10:32 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
Yeah, you have no understanding.

Suppose you get laid off on Monday (we'll call it Week 0) with no advanced warning. After a day or so of processing what just happened, you've got to spend a couple of days working on your resume and start searching for jobs. You probably can start applying for jobs in Week 1, but at this point, you still probably haven't discovered all of the resources available. Let's say you get lucky, and somebody contacts you for a phone interview during Week 2. You do well, they have an in-person interview during Week 3, and in Week 4, you get the phone call saying they want you to start at the beginning of Week 5.

That's a really optimistic scenario. And it still involved four weeks of unemployment. For most people it's quite a bit longer, even in Texas.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:42 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Add in pot and I would guess virtually all of them. It's not the hard working and productive taxpaying people in this country who are buying up the tons of drugs being shipped over that border on a daily basis.

I'm tired of seeing such a huge chunk of my paycheck to to support those who simply don't feel like working. They'd rather lay around all day smoking weed than ever do anything with themselves.
Oh what a load of baloney.

Who do you think can actually afford the drugs being shipped in? Of course it's the hardworking productive people who buy he majority of drugs.

God, you live under a rock, don't you?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? how would a drug problem stop me from getting another job???
Many employees today are drug tested. Why should those who aren't working but want free money be spared?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh what a load of baloney.

Who do you think can actually afford the drugs being shipped in? Of course it's the hardworking productive people who buy he majority of drugs.

God, you live under a rock, don't you?
It would be hard to be a productive employee while high on meth or shot up with heroine or stoned on pot. I couldn't do the job I do if I was a pot head.

But if you read the news, illegal immigration has risen 3 times what it was just in 2013, and you never hear of illegals whining about lack of jobs. Why is they can show up from 3000 miles away, unfamiliar with this country and the language and have no problem at all finding jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies