Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Maybe you should be posing that question to the person who brought up the shirt...
Do you think Ronnie was already into the throes of dementia when he agreed to wear that shirt for the photo-op?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I've lived nearly my whole life in the northwoods. Not once have I ever seen any male with a chainsaw, wearing a ridiculous shirt like that. That's what a guy from the Lakeshor Drive in Chicago would dress like when he wants to see what all this country living is about when he ventures north of Madison. A guy who dresses like that to do outside work is a guy who eats his pizza with a knife and fork.

Let me clue you in: That's what is called a "photo op." Frankly, I'm surprised Mommy (Nancy), gave Ronnie permission to use a chainsaw.

Photo op or not, given the time frame that photo could have been taken that is not a "dress shirt" in any way, shape or form.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
That isn't a "dress shirt". You can make all the stupid comments you want but try to at least be honest when you're talking about a photo that other people can see. You said something earlier about city slickers, only a true city slicker would look at that shirt and think "dress shirt".
The shirt is western-style, but it's a dress-y shirt nevertheless. Colors like that are commonly worn in California.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Photo op or not, given the time frame that photo could have been taken that is not a "dress shirt" in any way, shape or form.
What would be an example of the least that you know, beyond what you discuss on this forum?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The shirt is western-style, but it's a dress-y shirt nevertheless. Colors like that are commonly worn in California.
Yep.

May I also add that my declaration that 95% of the population looks absolutely ridiculous in blue jeans definitely applies to politicians. Probably more like 99%. That's another thing Obama understands. I don't know that I've ever seen him in jeans. I'm sure he's worn them at some point, but he at least has the sense to know that you don't want to look like Mitt in mom jeans or any of these other numbskulls. Come to think of it, I think McCain was smart enough to stay away from them, too.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Do you think Ronnie was already into the throes of dementia when he agreed to wear that shirt for the photo-op?
I'm sure he was about as mentally stable as Obama was when he agreed to do this photo op in his $700 shoes, slacks and white dress shirt.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
I'm sure he was about as mentally stable as Obama was when he agreed to do this photo op in his $700 shoes, slacks and white dress shirt.
I've seen many guys in suits doing groundbreakings. Hardly unique. Obama looks good in those types of clothes, so he wears them. Read the post above to understand why that's a good idea, as opposed to these fools who try to look "casual."

Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Yep.

May I also add that my declaration that 95% of the population looks absolutely ridiculous in blue jeans definitely applies to politicians. Probably more like 99%. That another thing Obama understands. I don't know that I've ever seen him in jeans. I'm sure he's worn them at some point, but he at least has the sense to know that you don't want to look like Mitt in mom jeans or any of these other numbskulls. Come to think of it, I think McCain was smart enough to stay away from them, too.
Maybe Regan isn't the only person who's had to deal with dementia.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
What would be an example of the least that you know, beyond what you discuss on this forum?
Are you drinking tonight?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I've seen many guys in suits doing groundbreakings. Hardly unique. Obama looks good in those types of clothes, so he wears them. Read the post above to understand why that's a good idea, as opposed to these fools who try to look "casual."
Ah ok, so this is really all based on your personal opinions which are based on your irrational hate of certain politicians. I thought for a minute that you were actually speaking with some substance, had I know that this would turn into a "I just don't like him" conversation I probably wouldn't have jumped in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies